Wake up and don't be fickle - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Sick to death of the fair weather fans here!

We are Manly supporters so start supporting & stop bagging!

If you want to celebrate the good times...back the boys in the bad times!

I predict Lyon to play next week & Matai to be our only absentee!

Someone said it in another thread...we arrived needing 3 wins to win the comp & leave needing 3. Nothing's changed!

Back to back is still on!

That is all...

Can we please not be so fickle people ?

I know it's disappointing but we are SUPPORTERS. We support.

I'm gutted like the rest of the fans. But remember,

1. We're still alive.
2. We couldn't possibly drop that much ball again.
3. We have an experienced side that will no doubt bounce back.
4. If we play them again, how motivated will the boys be ?

There's nothing worse than a supporter that cheers their ass off when it all goes great then dumps on the boys after one loss.

Stick solid. We'll be back. (Insert Arnie voice here)

RE: Can we please not be so fickle people ?

oooohayahhhgoooo beaaaohharrr raaughleahh!!!!!!

- well you said insert arnie voice here.

In tooves we trust and it's not over till that trophy is held up high by Mighty Manly.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ypn0y32Ac[/video]

RE: Wake up!

It's what happens around here after every loss Blowfly.
Armageddon!!

Correct.. The Berries have 2 wins from 3 starts this year but if Manly can even it up in a couple of weeks, nobody will remember the Berries early victories.

We are still alive thanks to the teams great achievement of a top four finish.
Last night we lost by 6. Realistically, the game could have gone either way with a freakish play by the Eagles at the end. The doggies came out on top but we now have a great video to analyse what not to do against the dogs next time.
Sincerely hope we have Jamie and Stevie for the continuation of our campaign.

They had 2 tries disallowed as well!! Dogs forwards won the game, boys couldn't do alot against a better and more physical team. We get another chance.

1 cheeseburger please, hold the fickle.

I didn't even bother to come onto ST last night after the game knowing full well that all the wrist slashers would be out in force.

WAMF said:
I didn't even bother to come onto ST last night after the game knowing full well that all the wrist slashers would be out in force.

lol Car crash i had to look
What gives me confidence is the scumdogs should have beat us by 13+
And a bounce of the ball or 1 right option taken it could have been GP

TBH it has not as bad on here as I thought it would be (or maybe I just haven't gotten to those threads yet).
Maybe some of the negative nancy's on here have seen the light and become glass half full type people. :p

Can't ever remember a game that all our stars had such poor games. No one fired (apart from Jorge). That won't happen 2 weeks in a row.

Clint said:
TBH it has not as bad on here as I thought it would be (or maybe I just haven't gotten to those threads yet).
Maybe some of the negative nancy's on here have seen the light and become glass half full type people. :p

Nice spelling of the word "glass" whoever drew this pic!

technically-speaking-the-glass-is-always-full.png

Good post Blowfly.
I think last night's loss was by no means a disaster but there are those around who initially predict Manly to pulverise the opposition and then write us off completely after a loss.
Win, lose or draw, good season/bad season, it's Manly all the way for me. Been around for the good and bad times across many years.
Our title defense is still alive and it that doesn't happen I'll watch the '08 & '11 GFs, then we'll go around again in 2013.

The old "wake up to yourselves thread", haven't seen one of these for a while. Love it.

Im sorry you guys think we are all doomsdayers, but we also know our team. When we win grandfinals we hit the semis and blow everyone away. Ala last year. But with injuries and suspensions we cant match other teams. So i want to believe we can win im just not so sure. But our players arent to blame they are amazing its the Footy Gods i blame.

I'm pleased we lost. 9 in a row to win the comp would have been a very big ask. We still have enough quality and nous to win next week and then we are back on level pegging. Actually I'm not really pleased we lost - but there is a silver lining!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8