Walker/Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pretty ironic that Walker was going to the Wahs because he felt that he could win a premiership. Who would have thought. 🤷‍♂️

AFB- went for the $$$... he's on $1mil as a prop forward, So he wasn't staying, regardless of who he was playing for at the time. The deal was done before management had any chance to counter as he was free to do so.

Walker- had 7 years here and it was time for a change, he was also on marque money as he was a marque signing when we got him,

so I couldn't see any way management could or even should have extended his contract as a marque player because at the end he wast a marque player. We have very selective short memories here as walks best year with us was his last 3 months other than that he didn't light up the park.

Its pretty simple really.

AFB was a Monster at Manly - unfortunately both on and off the field.
Regardless was always going to take the double money offer elsewhere, so really can't be seen as
"1 that got away'.....Walker I felt improved dramatically at Manly after being shifted to the middles to go with the flow of the modern game and gave us much energy off the bench before he went to NZ, but I agree with a few above posters that sometimes a change is needed and Walker is a good example of that, along with Luke Brooks who will have ppl saying "I didn't realise how good he was" after becoming stale at Tigpies.

Regardless was always going to take the double money offer elsewhere, so really can't be seen as
"1 that got away'.....Walker I felt improved dramatically at Manly after being shifted to the middles to go with the flow of the modern game and gave us much energy off the bench before he went to NZ, but I agree with a few above posters that sometimes a change is needed and Walker is a good example of that, along with Luke Brooks who will have ppl saying "I didn't realise how good he was" after becoming stale at Tigpies.
Actually think that A F B was eventually on something like 800 - 850 k in his final season at Manly or ongoing as he was still under contract .
Obviously a bit more on offer at the Warriors eventually and then those " compassionate grounds ' issues in asking for a release .
How are you feeling about the Carlton "s Blues chances against the Lions . ?
Still alive and that is the main thing i guess right now

Lets not forget big Marty Tapau, the one we wanted to go. He would be laughing now,just one game away from a GF. He would be thanking Manly now
Marty has only played one game out of the last 5-6. Got dropped after round 27 flogging by Melbourne. Before that suspended for 3 weeks. Cracking season stats.:):):)

Regardless was always going to take the double money offer elsewhere, so really can't be seen asN"1 that got away'.....Walker I felt improved dramatically at Manly after being shifted to the middles to go with the flow of the modern game and gave us much energy off the bench before he went to NZ, but I agree with a few above posters that sometimes a change is needed and Walker is a good example of that, along with Luke Brooks who will have ppl saying "I didn't realise how good he was" after becoming stale at Tigpies.
No doubt Walker left mainly for the money . Think he was on something like 300 k at Manly in his final year contract with Manly not prepared to offer much more if anything
Could have expected more at some other clubs and Warriors apparently not a bad fit for him as things have transpired

Actually think that A F B was eventually on something like 800 - 850 k in his final season at Manly or ongoing as he was still under contract .
Obviously a bit more on offer at the Warriors eventually and then those " compassionate grounds ' issues in asking for a release .
How are you feeling about the Carlton "s Blues chances against the Lions . ?
Still alive and that is the main thing i guess right now
Hi Al - After that gutsy Win against the odds Vs Melbourne there is a serious glimmer, though to be 100% honest, I feel the bookies odds are about spot on for this game....Lions in Bribane is a Massive challenge, but gunna cheer hard and hope the fairytale continues !!

Attachments

• IMG_5625.JPG
    IMG_5625.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5615.JPG
    IMG_5615.JPG
    346.4 KB · Views: 9
AFB- went for the $$$... he's on $1mil as a prop forward, So he wasn't staying, regardless of who he was playing for at the time. The deal was done before management had any chance to counter as he was free to do so.

Walker- had 7 years here and it was time for a change, he was also on marque money as he was a marque signing when we got him,

so I couldn't see any way management could or even should have extended his contract as a marque player because at the end he wast a marque player. We have very selective short memories here as walks best year with us was his last 3 months other than that he didn't light up the park.

Its pretty simple really.
Couldnt that money used to hold on to Tapau have been used for AFB instead? I know who I wouldve given my my money to.

Didn't AFB leave due to some problematic connection to a gang? Maybe a motorcycle gang from memory? Or maybe it was just a good story to get some extra dollars.

That is what i heard.

Needed to go and fast. Bikie issues.

Marty has only played one game out of the last 5-6. Got dropped after round 27 flogging by Melbourne. Before that suspended for 3 weeks. Cracking season stats.:):):)
Yeah I know but he is apparently considered for a bench spot this weekend and still could be part of a GF side if they make it, thats all Im saying

Who would of thought that these two are playing in the prel final, cant believe we let them go.
good luck to both of them.
If our salary cap wasn't so top-heavy, they probably would both still be here. Remember that in 2020, the salary cap was about $9 million, DCE was on well over $1m per season, Tom and Jake not too far behind.

Then we had our props AFB and Marty on over $1 million between them, while Dylan Walker was still on a lot of money for a #14 (which he is still playing at the Warriors despite some saying he'd go back to centre).

Couldnt that money used to hold on to Tapau have been used for AFB instead? I know who I wouldve given my my money to.
Me too.. AFB for sure..and the club possibly felt the same..but Tapau had a current contact then so the club couldn't keep both. For the $$ AFB was getting.. and besides AFB never gave the club an option..simple as that..so what would you expect then to do

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8