Walker has the last laugh for Manly

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
"[Daly Cherry-Evans] had complete confidence in me and just said, 'knock it over'.

image.ashx

https://www.nrl.com/walker-has-the-last-laugh-for-manly/tabid/10874/newsid/105951/default.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:
"It was a moment late in the second half that showed how Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker stood tall against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday night.

After missing the chance to win the game in regular time, the 22-year-old had words with Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson before he had up to 10 other Raiders players to deal with while his teammates were down the opposite end of the field waiting for the kick restart."

read more at:
https://www.nrl.com/walker-has-the-last-laugh-for-manly/tabid/10874/newsid/105951/default.aspx

I am starting to warm to Walker. I recall him getting right in Killer's face a few years ago which was very disrespectful, but he was just an 18 year-old at the time and holding his own in a tough competition. That aggro and feistiness is much more palatable now he is on our team.

He seems quite emotional, but that means he can reach great highs. When I think of other players who tend to react emotionally in games, they include some of the best.

His gap-running this year has been crucial for us and I expect his goal-kicking to keep improving. Don't forget, he nailed a beauty from the sideline on Friday as well as the 39m effort to win the game under as much pressure as anyone could imagine.

The responses there give a fair bit of insight, during a game its all about winning and whatever he thinks is best, once the game is done a grudge is just a place to park your car i.e. what happens on the field stays on the field.

I like this

That was the worst sportsman ship I have seen in the NRL, when walker missed the conversion running back, the raiders came at him. WHAT SCUM. I guess there is a thing called KARMA, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE THE HIT THE POST TO MAKE IT EVEN MORE ENJOYABLE.
Blake Green said today that Walker was trash talking the Raiders from about the 7th minute

I am starting to warm to Walker. I recall him getting right in Killer's face a few years ago which was very disrespectful, but he was just an 18 year-old at the time and holding his own in a tough competition. That aggro and feistiness is much more palatable now he is on our team.

He seems quite emotional, but that means he can reach great highs. When I think of other players who tend to react emotionally in games, they include some of the best.

His gap-running this year has been crucial for us and I expect his goal-kicking to keep improving. Don't forget, he nailed a beauty from the sideline on Friday as well as the 39m effort to win the game under as much pressure as anyone could imagine.
I think Dylan should stick to hole running and leave kicking to others just quietly lol but agree he's a wholehearted passionate kid and I'm happy to have him in the maroon and white too!

"It was a moment late in the second half that showed how Sea Eagles centre Dylan Walker stood tall against the Canberra Raiders on Saturday night.

After missing the chance to win the game in regular time, the 22-year-old had words with Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson before he had up to 10 other Raiders players to deal with while his teammates were down the opposite end of the field waiting for the kick restart."

read more at:

And he didn't back down.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2