Post-Game Discussion Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I can cop getting beat but not like that when warriors were gifted the game
oh well could be worse
you could be this supporter

South Sydney Respect GIF by FoxSportsAus

Thought we were the better team. Went away from attacking the edges in the second after the burbo try. Draw better than a loss too. If we are Fairdinkum we will win out to magic round now - which will cement us in the 4. Still can’t understand how that was a pen on Aloai at the end. Thought he worked hard to get out there to attempt the charge down. In hindsight SJ is never kicking a FG from there in that weather to tie it up. Just wave the hands at it and call him a peanut as loud as you can!

I don’t wanna be that guy that says ‘I don’t blame the ref’ followed by blaming the ref, but fuk me, I’m blaming the ref. Same as the Parra match. Up 16-0 and then we get fuk all. Yes, we do the dumbest $hit, but man, the officiating leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully that one point doesn’t come back to bite us later in the season.

Feeling a bit deflated but better than a loss.

I’m as disappointed as yourself and every other fan. Josh cannot go near the kicker’s legs. SJ was out in the middle of buttfarknowhere. It was going to be a miracle kick if he got it. Had to be smarter and not give the officials a chance like that to rule the way they did. Same as Jake meandering into the defensive line against Parra. Harsh calls, but we need to control what we can.
He didn’t go near his legs lol his arms were up trying to the charge the ball down. Johnson’s leg went into Josh , he can’t control that. Johnson played on it and the refs went with it because of the drama of the game. NEVER a penalty. This is not the game I grew up watching

Kickers are now protected species. Let's do away with the field goal and have a thumb fight. Disgraceful penalty.
Sj's leg made contact with aleovera. He wasn't attacking the leg. There's a huge difference between attacking a players league and trying to charge down a ball.

Joke
Refer to freddy lussicks 4 week ban last week. Not a fan of the rule but kickers are being protected just like defensive catchers of high kicks.

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Our defence was well prepared for the dangerous warriors attack. Big tick in trying to win it with defence in one way.

But I don't like they put the attacking cue in the rack all the same Sure try and win it with your defence and grind it with field position. But we through zero in attack for the last 20 mins of that game. Got to find that balance of percentage attacking plays.

Still positives from it. On wards and up wards. Some fresh blood next week to get the win.

I don’t wanna be that guy that says ‘I don’t blame the ref’ followed by blaming the ref, but fuk me, I’m blaming the ref. Same as the Parra match. Up 16-0 and then we get fuk all. Yes, we do the dumbest $hit, but man, the officiating leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully that one point doesn’t come back to bite us later in the season.

Feeling a bit deflated but better than a loss.
It's called managing the game. They're schooled at it by the WWF. Absolute sh*t show result. The Wahs offside the whole 2nd half. Multiple head shots to Tom not penalised. Seriously shafted.

He didn’t go near his legs lol his arms were up trying to the charge the ball down. Johnson’s leg went into Josh , he can’t control that. Johnson played on it and the refs went with it because of the drama of the game. NEVER a penalty. This is not the game I grew up watching
Let's see what Freddy and the 8th ,Gus all say about that penalty because it was not never was never will be on in wait it was

So if I understand this correctly, if someone putting pressure on a field goal kicker makes contact now it's a penalty where the ball lands and on report. Will be interesting if we see this in other games. Having said that the ref, while not doing us any favours didn't lose it for us, we dropped off in the last 10 of both halves and let them score, just asking for trouble doing that and invites a bad call to wreck two good 30min halves.

16 nil up and you don’t win

22-14 with 2min to go and you don’t win

so many dumb stupid plays from Manly in this game it’s to long to lost!

yes the FG penalty was BS but we should have won that easy with smart play and game management

The whole game changed when Sharon Woods came on and they carved us up through the middle running at Sharon and keeping him and us on the back foot!

he should never never ever ever play first grade again, not up to standard!!!!

p.s. can catch a high ball since 1947 re there drop outs

Still a lot of positives to take from that game. The only thing is the soft tries. I reckon 90% of tries against this year have been the dumbest, softest defence. Toey that up, we’re pushing for a Top 4 spot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8