Post-Game Discussion Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Yeah pretty embarrassing for the Warriors. The officials did everything to hand them the game and they still couldn't get the job done. Pathetic really, both the Warriors and the Refs.
What about manly. They played their part too :)

Lets share the love!

Our defence was well prepared for the dangerous warriors attack. Big tick in trying to win it with defence in one way.

But I don't like they put the attacking cue in the rack all the same Sure try and win it with your defence and grind it with field position. But we through zero in attack for the last 20 mins of that game. Got to find that balance of percentage attacking plays.

Still positives from it. On wards and up wards. Some fresh blood next week to get the win.
I mentioned a couple of times in the game day thread… but, very disappointed in Turbo’s game when the heat was on. MIA. I know he has a gazillion running meters, but disappeared when really needed, and failed to defuse the last couple of bombs by the Wahs.

Thought we were the better team. Went away from attacking the edges in the second after the burbo try. Draw better than a loss too. If we are Fairdinkum we will win out to magic round now - which will cement us in the 4. Still can’t understand how that was a pen on Aloai at the end. Thought he worked hard to get out there to attempt the charge down. In hindsight SJ is never kicking a FG from there in that weather to tie it up. Just wave the hands at it and call him a peanut as loud as you can!
And SJ didn't miss his opportunity, withering in so called pain and milking it for all it was worth. The bunker maggots didn't take long to give the penalty, as if they wouldn't...wonder what Sieb's will say, ..mmm better be careful what I say here..lol.

• 😆
Reactions: Ned
If Saab returns next week, Talau must retain his spot. Paulo showed absolutely nothing today, and came up with three errors. He was only saved by Ben's tackle on their winger, to have not conceded a try too. If I see Paulo still there next week, there has to be some favouritism occuring. Talau was excellent today.

Deserved to win! Hard to take when we were up by 8 points with 2 minutes to play and not get the win. Josh was a bit unlucky with that attempt, to be honest, had his hands up going for the ball, not trying to tackle the player.

Goods signs though, under the pump for the last 10 minutes, and our defense was very solid, much better edge defense than previous weeks. Feel the side is improving a lot

16 nil up and you don’t win

22-14 with 2min to go and you don’t win

so many dumb stupid plays from Manly in this game it’s to long to lost!

yes the FG penalty was BS but we should have won that easy with smart play and game management

The whole game changed when Sharon Woods came on and they carved us up through the middle running at Sharon and keeping him and us on the back foot!

he should never never ever ever play first grade again, not up to standard!!!!

p.s. can catch a high ball since 1947 re there drop outs
Yep really shouldn’t have lost. But the Wahs are a legit top 4 side and we are playing them and the ref in their ground. Take a breath and accept the fact we are back in the 8. What won’t be acceptable is if we lose next week or any week from here until magic round.

Also hopefully only Burbo out next week and getting others back too.

I await Annusley’s post-round review with much anticipation
It will be interesting. It was certainly on the soft end of the scale. I wonder if he’ll paint himself into a corner and force all leg contact with kickers to be penalised moving forward… regardless of not diving or the kicker not off the ground. Alternatively, he may choose to acknowledge it was an error and just apologise…

Hehe even the Mole thought it was dodgy and he despises Manly!!

Can’t believe Alioia is on report for that, just as bad as the Radley sin bin last week..

Attachments

• IMG_5667.jpeg
    IMG_5667.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 👍
Reactions: Ned
If Saab returns next week, Talau must retain his spot. Paulo showed absolutely nothing today, and came up with three errors. He was only saved by Ben's tackle on their winger, to have not conceded a try too. If I see Paulo still there next week, there has to be some favouritism occuring. Talau was excellent today.
Both our wingers today get rag-dolled and have zero penetration. Talau was valiant under the high ball today in very trying conditions. I still believe our wingers need to be Garrick and Saab.

Yep really shouldn’t have lost. But the Wahs are a legit top 4 side and we are playing them and the ref in their ground. Take a breath and accept the fact we are back in the 8. What won’t be acceptable is if we lose next week or any week from here until magic round.

Also hopefully only Burbo out next week and getting others back too.
Don’t know many hammy injuries that only require one week out,especially a Trbojevic hammy

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8