Post-Game Discussion Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

If Saab returns next week, Talau must retain his spot. Paulo showed absolutely nothing today, and came up with three errors. He was only saved by Ben's tackle on their winger, to have not conceded a try too. If I see Paulo still there next week, there has to be some favouritism occuring. Talau was excellent today.

Talau was outstanding in every facet of the game. I really didn’t think he had it in him 👏🏻

Tough game ( as I said it would be ) , always thought it would come down to 1 point , said so in my last comment before signing off the GDT.

Just sorry it ended up 1 point each , but maybe that’s a fair result as there wasn’t much between them.

I continue to laugh at the Woods haters , he came on ( very briefly ) made 1 hit up , about 6 tackles ( never missed one ) and apparently the whole game changed as soon as he came on!!

For ****s sake get real !!! 😂😂😂😂

Anyway get used to him because with no Burbo next week he’ll be chosen again.
He wasn’t horrific Mark, but I think we could look at others next week. Vs Wahs in NZ he was prob the right pick tho. Titans not so sure. When is Lodge and Saab back?

Lots of heart and effort shown today. The real Manly way! I think if Brown plays, with his go forward, we probably win. I'll take a draw against a very good team, on their home turf. All deserve praise. With the exception of Paulo; who does not have any purpose to his runs. His first choice with a high ball seems to be let it bounce, instead of trying to catch it. It's been the same ordinary reserve grade standard rubbish for 6 straight games. He makes Harper look like a world beater. Just my opinion of course.

He wasn’t horrific Mark, but I think we could look at others next week. Vs Wahs in NZ he was prob the right pick tho. Titans not so sure. When is Lodge and Saab back?
Look I’m not a massive fan but I do think the haters are a bit zealous.

You can see why the coach picked him , tough game , his experience.

They all miss that point.

This say's it all

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1712995309755.jpg
    FB_IMG_1712995309755.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 131
I thought we’d lose so a point is better than that. I am just sick is us getting away to decent leads and then the ref suddenly becomes the 14th man and they try to even things up and we lett the other team come back.
Agree… though, sad to see us back to old bad habits and giving away points before half-time and full-time. I thought we had moved beyond that this season.

Dce and sj were immense for their teams. Both fierce competitors and would be wondering what they could have done to get the other point in their bag. Cnk i thought outplayed turbo.

We brought our worst performance in 2024 in attack and defence in this game. So much to work on. I cant see manly being happy with their perfornance too. Seibold should be pissed off after that early lead.
Cnk had errors at key times that let the pressure valve off. Thought both were a standard 7/10. Turbo slowly building this year. I’d love him to skip origin this year. The field looked heavy and generally is over there. Bit of rain and it becomes a slog. Nothing really between both teams. From what I’ve seen both should feature in the 8 and the higher end as well.

You can't go near the kicker. Every player knows this.

Just like you can't stay in the line when running a decoy. Every player knows this.

Whether you think either is fair or not, those are the rules, and should be refereed that way.

The blame goes on Aloiai and not the ref.
True but how about standing 1 meter in front of the ref particularly on the last play. Clear vision of it. Should've been a penalty 40 m out in front.

There you go. Parra just got a penalty for identical defensive player making contact with the kicker’s legs.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8