Post-Game Discussion Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

I read that AoA is facing a two week ban for that effort yesterday on Johnston.

Dead set if that happens , the games dead to me !!

The penalty is bad enough , a two week suspension would be ****ing stupidity !!

And the Wah’s supporters condoning this on social media today are all wankers.

I thought it was only 1 week with an early guilty plea?

****ing joke. If that cat Shaun Johnson doesn’t put on a performance we wouldn’t have heard anything about it.

Absolutely dog act not in the spirit of the game. **** that prick.
Can't wait for that little dog cu*t to show up a 4 Pines next time around. Hope he gets folded several times.

It was the exact same action. Doesn't matter how hard or soft he ran that line. You can't do it. The difference is a leg break and four weeks on the sideline. Lussick didn't charge the legs. He went for a charge down 'of the ball" we need to move on from this.
so charge downs should be banned? they have been part of the game since day dot. kickoffs will be gone next and thats ok too?

so charge downs should be banned? they have been part of the game since day dot. kickoffs will be gone next and thats ok too?
So what are we supposed to do now , player goes for a field goal , we all lay down and let him have a free shot ????

If this rule continues to apply that’s the end of golden point, as you can’t interfere with anyone trying to kick a goal.

Then has to be golden try.

Or just a draw

So what are we supposed to do now , player goes for a field goal , we all lay down and let him have a free shot ????

If this rule continues to apply that’s the end of golden point, as you can’t interfere with anyone trying to kick a goal.

Then has to be golden try.

Or just a draw
Its a disgrace for the game.

Rugby league was and is played by super tough mad ****s that love to scrap. They took away the fights. they are taking away the contest and they will take away the contact.

what's left after that?

Yes we all know the concussion and brain damage aspect is real But it has to be a choice for the player. Take the risks and possibly be rewarded or Work on the tools for 50 years( yes generalisation i know).

It bloody rich for players from the past coming out now sitting in big houses, driving nice cars, jobs in the media saying they have been taken advantage of. nobody knew the dangers but that's the risk you take.

Surely the club gets behind challenging JA’s charge, there’s a lot to be gained by backing the players, this is a prime opportunity, just another part of galvanising the group.

SJ‘s disgraceful display and lack of sportsmanship is embarrassing enough, furthermore the rule and the interpretation don’t align and this time the interpretation and actions of the kicker are on JA’s side, he didn’t attack the player or his legs, plead not guilty and challenge any charge, stand up to the BS.

I’ll eat humble pie, even with Woods we did exceptionally well. Very proud.
Woods played 7 minutes

Had zero impact on the game other than giving another forward a rest.

But I just laugh at the haters who are blaming him on what transpired , it’s just laughable.

So where's the suspension for AFB when he hit DCEs leg or last night there was one on a Parra player by the Cows. Fukoff nrl you're a sick joke of a sport administration at times.
Surely you would contest it. Or just except the early plea and give him a one week ‘operational break’ from the game.

If they did contest, they could always refer to the comments by the Old Zealand coach (notice any sustained success they have enjoyed has been with an Australian at the helm?), who said post-match that he thought Josh was going for the ball, not the man.

And of course they could refer to the Addon Manua-Flake incident on DCE during the GP phase.

I thought it was only 1 week with an early guilty plea?
Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Sea Eagles forward Josh Aloiai is facing a ban after being charged following Saturday night's match.

Aloiai was hit with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact charge for a tackle made in the 80th minute of his side's draw against the Warriors on Shaun Johnson, which resulted in a successful penalty conversion attempt which drew scores level.

He is set to miss one match with an early guilty plea.

Player: ... Josh Aloiai (Sea Eagles)

Charge: ... Grade 2 Dangerous Contact

Record: ... 1st Offence

Plea: ... TBC

Penalty: ... 1-2 matches

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surely you would contest it. Or just except the early plea and give him a one week ‘operational break’ from the game.

If they did contest, they could always refer to the comments by the Old Zealand coach (notice any sustained success they have enjoyed has been with an Australian at the helm?), who said post-match that he thought Josh was going for the ball, not the man.

And of course they could refer to the Addon Manua-Flake incident on DCE during the GP phase.
If Lodge and Brown are back next week then take the early 1 match. Satisfy the small dic*s at the nrl that they're policing the big issues.

Surely the club gets behind challenging JA’s charge, there’s a lot to be gained by backing the players, this is a prime opportunity, just another part of galvanising the group.

SJ‘s disgraceful display and lack of sportsmanship is embarrassing enough, furthermore the rule and the interpretation don’t align and this time the interpretation and actions of the kicker are on JA’s side, he didn’t attack the player or his legs, plead not guilty and challenge any charge, stand up to the BS.
No point. The nrl ar*eclowns will give him 2 matches instead of 1. They're not interested in any sensibility about this.

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:

Sea Eagles forward Josh Aloiai is facing a ban after being charged following Saturday night's match.

Aloiai was hit with a Grade 2 Dangerous Contact charge for a tackle made in the 80th minute of his side's draw against the Warriors on Shaun Johnson, which resulted in a successful penalty conversion attempt which drew scores level.

He is set to miss one match with an early guilty plea.

Player: ... Josh Aloiai (Sea Eagles)

Charge: ... Grade 2 Dangerous Contact

Record: ... 1st Offence

Plea: ... TBC

Penalty: ... 1-2 matches

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

???
Isn't that exactly what I said?

1 week with the early plea.

Wow. You now get banned for being kicked.
This ruling means when you are about to be tackled you can kick the ball, as well as the tackler, and gain a penalty.
How stupid. The NRL doesn't think through the consequences of such rules. There must be an intent to injure to make this rule fair. Or do they want kickers free space without a tackler being about to take defensive action and charge down a kick?
Let's watch how many times this rule is employed when the game is not in the balance.
RL has become legalised rorting.

???
Isn't that exactly what I said?

1 week with the early plea.
You finished your prior post to Mark from Brisbane with a question mark so I replied to your post with an answer to your question that was quoted from the official NRL 2024 Judiciary Report webpage:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8