Post-Game Discussion Warriors V Manly [Round 6, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Warriors
Vs
Sea Eagles
22 Go Media Stadium
13 Apr 2024 15:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Further to this @tajhay Ive now seen footage on Fox where AFB does EXACTLY the same thing to DCE in golden point.

Our player shrugs it off and continues with the game , he could have tried for an academy award too and maybe won the game , but gee I’m glad he didn’t , outright cheating is a blight on the game and thankfully our captain is beyond that.
Also, has anyone had good look at their last try?
Berry gets runs the decoy and crashes into Koula's ( inside) shoulder, didn't go through the line yet not even in the discussion.
He engaged Koula, not the other way around.
Am l seeing something differently?

Berry gets runs the decoy and crashes into Koula's ( inside) shoulder, didn't go through the line yet not even in the discussion.

No I saw that at the time and definitely looked like an obstruction but they didn’t look at it.

I think because it’s the inside shoulder they say Koula made a defensive decision to come in. If he ran into his outside shoulder he wouldn’t have been able to get across to the ball.

Player ratings courtesy of Jake Carden.

1. Tom Trbojevic (7.5/10)

another class performance from Turbo, not only his threat attacking the line but also taking several crucial hit-ups when his teammates really needed it.

2 try assists and 241 metres.

2. Tommy Talau (7/10)

Tommy had a brilliant game, was peppered under the high ball for the entire match and dealt with it.

Summed up the situation perfectly for our second try.

He should retain his spot when Saab returns.

3. Tolutau Koula (7/10)

We all know the flair that Tolu can bring, but the consistency he's bringing at the moment is the most impressive part of his game.

Did the dirty work and defended well, class centre.

4. Ben Trbojevic (7/10)

Another hamstring injury for Burbo after a really solid performance.

His versatility will be missed whilst he's out, and after a couple of down games, his last two have been great.

5. Jaxson Paulo (4/10)

Quite simply he isn't up to first grade standard. He's gotten slightly better with his ball carrying over the last couple of weeks but still lacks confidence in contact in both attack and defence.

I expect Jason Saab to replace him once fit.

6.Luke Brooks (6/10)

Was so good until the 39th minute when he threw the intercept for the DWZ try on halftime.

That seemed to of knocked the confidence out of him for the remainder of the match.

Defensively very good until the Warriors final try.

7. Daly Cherry-Evans (7.5/10)

A top-shelf performance from the skipper, bagged himself two tries and delivered a beautiful ball to Burbo for his try.

Like the rest of the team, he needs to cut out the silly decisions when we are on top, and continue to build pressure.

8. Taniela Paseka (7.5/10)

Great game from Taniela, 21 runs for 198 metres is very impressive from a prop.

His second stint, especially in GP was huge for us when we were struggling for yardage.

Pretty decent start to his 2024 season.

9. Lachlan Croker (5/10)

I Thought Crokes struggled in this match, took a few dummy half runs when they weren't on and killed some momentum. Missed 9 tackles as well which needs to be better.

Still gave 110% like he always does.

10. Josh Aloiai (6.5/10)

Josh was very good until he gave away that crucial penalty at the death on Shaun Johnson.

Oshay has had a very good start to the year in my opinion and hopefully, he can keep it going.

14 runs for 140 metres and 26 tackles.

11. Haumole Olakau'atu (8/10)

Haumole has been our standout to begin 2024, another huge game, running for 158 metres.

If it wasn't for him and Nella, I don't think we come away with a point after the game went into GP.

If he keeps this form, he will play Origin.

12. Corey Waddell (6.5/10)

Corey just continues to do his job wherever the team needs. He's proven to be a pivotal addition in 2024 and looks like he will now get an extended run in the side due to Burbo's injury.

112 metres and 39 tackles.

13. Jake Trbojevic (8.5/10)

Outstanding.

You don't know how important he is, until he's not there.

That was shown when he was off for 5-10 minutes, The only period of the game where I thought the Warriors dominated the middle.

162 metres and 49 tackles.

14. Karl Lawton (6/10)

Karl proved to be very handy off the bench, did his work in defence with 34 tackles without missing and was good out of dummy half.

Might be needed in the back row over the coming weeks.

15. Ethan Bullemor (6/10)

Back in the side with a point to prove and I thought he did that. Provided great energy off the bench even with a banged-up snoz and blood streaming everywhere.

Very improtant part of this squad.

16. Toafofoa Sipley (8/10)

It's Toff SZN.

Also known as Siff Topley according to Corey Parker, Toff was immense off the bench again.

18 runs for 169 metres is simply superb.

Provided 3 offloads as well and all of them were smart offloads.

19. Aaron Woods (2/10)

Pathetic.

Should never play first grade again.

Also equally as poor was Seibold actually selecting him and putting him on the field.

another class performance from Turbo, not only his threat attacking the line but also taking several crucial hit-ups when his teammates really needed it.

2. Tommy Talau (7/10)

Tommy had a brilliant game, was peppered under the high ball for the entire match and dealt with it.

3. Tolutau Koula (7/10)

We all know the flair that Tolu can bring, but the consistency he's bringing at the moment is the most impressive part of his game.

4. Ben Trbojevic (7/10)

His versatility will be missed whilst he's out, and after a couple of down games, his last two have been great.

5. Jaxson Paulo (4/10)

Quite simply he isn't up to first grade standard. He's gotten slightly better with his ball carrying over the last couple of weeks but still lacks confidence in contact in both attack and defence.

6.Luke Brooks (6/10)

Was so good until the 39th minute when he threw the intercept for the DWZ try on halftime.

That seemed to of knocked the confidence out of him for the remainder of the match.

A top-shelf performance from the skipper, bagged himself two tries and delivered a beautiful ball to Burbo for his try.

Like the rest of the team, he needs to cut out the silly decisions when we are on top, and continue to build pressure.

His second stint, especially in GP was huge for us when we were struggling for yardage.

9. Lachlan Croker (5/10)

I Thought Crokes struggled in this match, took a few dummy half runs when they weren't on and killed some momentum. Missed 9 tackles as well which needs to be better.

10. Josh Aloiai (6.5/10)

Josh was very good until he gave away that crucial penalty at the death on Shaun Johnson.

Oshay has had a very good start to the year in my opinion and hopefully, he can keep it going.

Haumole has been our standout to begin 2024, another huge game, running for 158 metres.

If it wasn't for him and Nella, I don't think we come away with a point after the game went into GP.

Corey just continues to do his job wherever the team needs. He's proven to be a pivotal addition in 2024 and looks like he will now get an extended run in the side due to Burbo's injury.

Outstanding.

That was shown when he was off for 5-10 minutes, The only period of the game where I thought the Warriors dominated the middle.

14. Karl Lawton (6/10)

Karl proved to be very handy off the bench, did his work in defence with 34 tackles without missing and was good out of dummy half.

Back in the side with a point to prove and I thought he did that. Provided great energy off the bench even with a banged-up snoz and blood streaming everywhere.

It's Toff SZN.

Also known as Siff Topley according to Corey Parker, Toff was immense off the bench again.

19. Aaron Woods (2/10)

Pathetic.

Also equally as poor was Seibold actually selecting him and putting him on the field.

You presented these ratings by this person like they are some kind of authority on the matter. I googled him and he's just some random person who offers some opinions on the platform formerly known as Twitter.

Which is fine, but doesn't mean those opinions are any more valid or informed than anyone else's here.

You presented these ratings by this person like they are some kind of authority on the matter. I googled him and he's just some random person who offers some opinions on the platform formerly known as Twitter.

Which is fine, but doesn't mean those opinions are any more valid or informed than anyone else on here.
Yeh Jake is on twitter a manly fanatic, does a fairly good job on a subjective nature doing ratings, a bit of effort.

Apologies on your perception of how this was presented (courtesy of Jake Carden), I dont know where you got authority, it was Jake’s work not mine and I thought it was worth a share.

Taken time to digest it. Initially was more disappointed and kind of hearbroken leading 16-0 at one point and then an 8 point lead with only 2 minutes left. I don't want to downplay that now and make excuses and sound like a fan of a bottom 4 team like the Tigers. We are a different side this year and our standards should be much higher now as we are in between a wide open premiership window in these next 2 years. So last night's lead chokes is not good enough.

With that said we did play really high quality footy in what felt like a finals match. Wahs are legit this year. Webster is managing to really mold and replicate that Penrith gameplan into that squad. It's eerily similar with the patient build up, the stronghold fight for field possession and also the reliance on the back 5 yardage gains. So we've pretty much outplayed the Panthers and their emerging version back to back weeks. We were also lucky we got the draw because it felt like the Wahs were finishing stronger in the last 15 minutes with a couple of our players dropping from injury. So we were very gutsy in that regard. Just felt like game management could've been better at certain periods.

We were the better side yesterday and really should've come away with that win. Valuable troops back and a favourable draw going into magic round. Must keep charging forward with the momentum of quality we are playing with and roll over these next 4 teams with ease as we should.

DCE for example was more like a 9 out 10 and Manly’s best player on the night, in attack and defence. Some of his clean up work near Manly’s tryline was outstanding.

One of his best games in recent times.

If ‘Jake the Card’ (from the platform formerly known as Twatter, now Why?) is going to give someone a score of two, then it should at least be objectively based.

Not because he apparently doesn’t like him.

Last edited:
DCE for example was more like a 9 out 10 and Manly’s best player on the night, in attack and defence. Some of his clean up work near Manly’s tryline was outstanding.

One of his best games in recent times.

If ‘Jake the Card’ (from the platform formerly known as Twatter, now Why?) is going to give someone a score of two, then it should at least be subjectively based.

Not because he apparently doesn’t like him.
Totally - why 2? he was at the very least, average 5/10 ..... imho

Last edited:
Taken time to digest it. Initially was more disappointed and kind of hearbroken leading 16-0 at one point and then an 8 point lead with only 2 minutes left. I don't want to downplay that now and make excuses and sound like a fan of a bottom 4 team like the Tigers. We are a different side this year and our standards should be much higher now as we are in between a wide open premiership window in these next 2 years. So last night's lead chokes is not good enough.

With that said we did play really high quality footy in what felt like a finals match. Wahs are legit this year. Webster is managing to really mold and replicate that Penrith gameplan into that squad. It's eerily similar with the patient build up, the stronghold fight for field possession and also the reliance on the back 5 yardage gains. So we've pretty much outplayed the Panthers and their emerging version back to back weeks. We were also lucky we got the draw because it felt like the Wahs were finishing stronger in the last 15 minutes with a couple of our players dropping from injury. So we were very gutsy in that regard. Just felt like game management could've been better at certain periods.

We were the better side yesterday and really should've come away with that win. Valuable troops back and a favourable draw going into magic round. Must keep charging forward with the momentum of quality we are playing with and roll over these next 4 teams with ease as we should.
I agree, we were the better team overall, and should have come away with the two. I think we all feel pretty gutted about that, while also encouraged by the improved grit and fight we are showing so far this season.

I think we also need to acknowledge, the Wahs start was really ordinary. They were flat and made plenty of errors… their own worst enemy. That said, we held onto the ball really well, and the discipline was good for the first 20-30 mins.

2. Tommy Talau (7/10)

3. Tolutau Koula (7/10)

4. Ben Trbojevic (7/10)

5. Jaxson Paulo (4/10)

6.Luke Brooks (6/10)

9. Lachlan Croker (5/10)

10. Josh Aloiai (6.5/10)

Outstanding.

14. Karl Lawton (6/10)

It's Toff SZN.

19. Aaron Woods (2/10)

Pathetic.

Great post effort feathered friend

I agree, we were the better team overall, and should have come away with the two. I think we all feel pretty gutted about that, while also encouraged by the improved grit and fight we are showing so far this season.

I think we also need to acknowledge, the Wahs start was really ordinary. They were flat and made plenty of errors… their own worst enemy. That said, we held onto the ball really well, and the discipline was good for the first 20-30 mins.
At the end of the day it is not a 20 . 30 , 40 or 75 minute game
It is an 80 minute game and both teams peaked in patches and both teams deserved the draw that they both Got

The moral of the story
Fail to focus for 80 minutes in a game and you fail to get a win
Keep your eye on the prize and stay 100% focused on your mission
1713136834789.png

Once we hit the lead I was astonished how often our markers were called out of the play. I would say in almost 30% of tackles. On top of that our ruck was rushed by constant instruction from the ref speeding their play the ball up to touch football standards.
Same thing that happened to us in the Eels game. What's the point of getting out to a lead if the ref is just going to start rubber banding the other team back into the contest?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8