We are gaining experience

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

HoldenV8

Journey Man
The thing that struck me about last night was that we really didn't play a lot different to how we played against the Dogs and Cows in the last two rounds. The difference was the quality of the opposition.

We didn't play the Dogs and Cows who only won 10 games between them. We played the minor premiers, the defending champions, who won 21 games.

I tend to agree with @Mark from Brisbane . There are a lot of similarities to 2006 in our current side. A lot of talented kids who sorta, kinda froze on their first try at the big stage (Finals). But they were also a lot better for the experience and we went on to be one of the dominant teams for the next 7-8 years, playing 4 Grand Finals and winning 2 of them.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
The thing that struck me about last night was that we really didn't play a lot different to how we played against the Dogs and Cows in the last two rounds. The difference was the quality of the opposition.

We didn't play the Dogs and Cows who only won 10 games between them. We played the minor premiers, the defending champions, who won 21 games.

I tend to agree with @Mark from Brisbane . There are a lot of similarities to 2006 in our current side. A lot of talented kids who sorta, kinda froze on their first try at the big stage (Finals). But they were also a lot better for the experience and we went on to be one of the dominant teams for the next 7-8 years, playing 4 Grand Finals and winning 2 of them.
Yeah, agree there wasn't much difference in how we played. I thought perhaps Des may have got a little cute in how he used Turbo. As another poster mentioned, it was almost like he was taken out of certain attacking structures he normally gets involved with for some reason. It's hard to believe Tom would withdraw like that by choice.

I do believe it is all part of the learning curve and great experience for the young guys. I think most of us accept we are still a couple years off being true contenders, though there is enough talent and potential in the team to pull off some big upsets.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Yeah, agree there wasn't much difference in how we played. I thought perhaps Des may have got a little cute in how he used Turbo. As another poster mentioned, it was almost like he was taken out of certain attacking structures he normally gets involved with for some reason. It's hard to believe Tom would withdraw like that by choice.

I do believe it is all part of the learning curve and great experience for the young guys. I think most of us accept we are still a couple years off being true contenders, though there is enough talent and potential in the team to pull off some big upsets.

I remember (unfortunately) Voss mentioning more than a few times that "Tom Trbojevic hasn't touched the ball this set".

Last night, and I hate to say this, but Turbo's head wasn't in the game. He all but phoned it in.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I remember (unfortunately) Voss mentioning more than a few times that "Tom Trbojevic hasn't touched the ball this set".

Last night, and I hate to say this, but Turbo's head wasn't in the game. He all but phoned it in.
And Vossy was almost orgasmic about it, I’ve never heard him happier .

HoldenV8

Journey Man
And Vossy was almost orgasmic about it, I’ve never heard him happier .

I rarely ever hit the mute button, even when we are losing big like we did last night.

I hit the mute button last night. It wasn't enough that we were playing like crap ... but to have to listen to that clown as well (with the alternative being the Melbourne Cheer Squad on 9) actually had me hitting mute.

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
Haze dunster had more finals experience than 6 of our players.
Big learning curve for the team.
One day of sooking and time to regroup, face realities and rip in.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Melbourne showed what a top attacking side can do to very poor defence, our defence has been poor all season .... we have had attacking brilliance that killed the bottom teams .... Melbourne's defence is top class and nulified our attack led by Tom, on top of that our mistakes were pitiful and plenty... Harper left his hands in the changeroom, and Quac was frustrated by the Melbourne niggle and gave away penalties, at least one leading to a try ... our two novice second rowers didn't hurt in defence as predicted K Bromwich and Olam hammered our right side defence .... can't see us worrying the Rorters without a massive wakeup .... maybe the boys had some green in those vapes ... they showed a lot of peace and love to the opposition

sheridanstand78

First Grader
The last four games we have started slow.

After smashing the whingers we have not been at our best.

It is a timely lesson that we must lift our intensity and be at the races. You cannot give up 16-0 in 15 minutes and hope to beat a team like that.

Lets see how we react? I anticipate a much better performance next week!

Remy

shuu

I agree we played the same and just got badly exposed for it. But look at this, how we've been playing in these last few weeks is so dissimilar to how we played in that Eels flogging and prior. Ever since we rested Tommy for the raiders game, it's like we've changed our structure, changed how we use Tommy, changed our ad-lib risk footy style that moves the opposition pack left to right. We've changed a lot from after that Eels win, and it doesn't make sense when that was literally the winning formula and also the blueprint that nearly made us knock over Melbourne in round 21. There was a period yesterday where we were playing that original style again. It was after our first try. We were building momentum, rolling thru the middle, and we looked dangerous and looked like we could've snagged another try to go into the sheds 18-12. But Tommy dropped the ball, we conceded another try and we went back to **** footy.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
The exposure to the business end of the season will be so beneficial to our young team. A few of them look gassed after a long season. It was always optimistic and wishful thinking that we could go all the way this year. We will learn a lot and gain invaluable experience for next season. Our young boys need another full pre season to get their bodies ready. We are offloading all our dead wood and will no doubt add the strike and depth in the positions we need. Add Fainu back in and we are primed for 2022 and 2023.

Love your work better one ... can always see a positive ...

.. and in the mean time .. fukk Melb, fukk all bunker officials, fukk ref's, fukk all commentators, double fukk Parra ... and all hail Kenty!

Onwards and upwards .. to the Premiership and beyond!

PSS ... The only positive I could come up with is ... at least we get to see Manly play next weekend.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Reminds of Knights in 1997, in reverse. Manly are only at most going to beat Storm once this season. Better it be the grand final than a Week 1 semi. Storm have shown their hand now on how they will play Turbo and our defence. Des will have Manly ready next time. Just gotta get to the grand final first.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13