We Need this bloke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need a halfback who can play,we had one and people rejoiced when he left,3 positions lower on the table,good work haters

Losing Brett has been like having a Ferrari in your garage and no licence.
Hope he a Glenn return next year and make the doubters pay the only way they know how too!

Just had to watch it again.

My god, Ox, Choc and Stewart all together and in form were just incredible

I was going to say lot's of things but take it away again Willstyles:

Every since the world went bonkers over Hayne last year I've been saying to people "you're forgetting just how good Brett Stewart was going when Manly won the comp".

But it seems like I'd forgotten a lot of it myself. The bloke is easily our best player. By some margin. Worth 14-18 points a game. Damn he can score a try...

Spot on.

One thing I have always loved about watching Brett Stewart is how much he enjoys playing the game and it shows.

The constant smiles when he pulls something off that should never have happened. Always celebrating tries etc. It's a pleasure to watch.

Can't wait for his knees to heal. Brett Stewart at half of what he was before his injuries is still better than all our other options

Yeah in a game when he's on song (most of the time) I reckon he is worth:
- a try created out of nothing in attack
- a try that only he could have finished off
- a try saved from a wonderful cover tackle, chase or clean up
over most other fullbacks in the comp.

So to me that's a potential 12-18 points a game we can boost by having him in the team.

I just hope that people's expecations are not too high (2011)...Matt Bowen (Cowboys) has taken some years to get back from this same  (or similar I think) problem. I suspect he'll be eased back in (how I don't know) maybe SCSE?

No way known he would play up there Mark, even half way to fitness and form he will be there.

If he's available he'll be playing.

Unbelievable. It isn't just pace he has but the X-Factor to be in the right spot at the right time. He is 100% footballer. How we miss him!!!!

I know what you are saying Fro but how do they ease him back?

Bowen spent some time at the feeder club (I think...not sure on that) before returning to first grade......I would just hate to see him come back and have it happen again.....this time I fear it would be terminal.

He is an unbelievable player! We missed him greatly this year, he and the wolfman, the speed to create, finish and save tries has been a massive loss. That coupled with both their enthusiasm and, in particular Brett's football! Right spot at the right time every time!
To those who mentioned a certain #7 that featured in those clips, he probably would have been a better option than Hodkinson this year, experience is something we lacked in the halves, particularly chasing a few points and controlling momentum shifts... Cost us at least 3 games at the back end of the year... But I think the option of (probably) Cherry-Evans next year and for the future will be a great addition to the NRL side! If we can keep him and Foran together long term, it could develop into a great partnership! Especially with the skill and speed of Brett at the back!!!!
GO MANLY 2011!!!!!

please let him play at the Sunny Coast. I will know where I will be for their home games :)

Jaime Bennett link said:
He is an unbelievable player! We missed him greatly this year, he and the wolfman, the speed to create, finish and save tries has been a massive loss. That coupled with both their enthusiasm and, in particular Brett's football! Right spot at the right time every time!
To those who mentioned a certain #7 that featured in those clips, he probably would have been a better option than Hodkinson this year, experience is something we lacked in the halves, particularly chasing a few points and controlling momentum shifts... Cost us at least 3 games at the back end of the year... But I think the option of (probably) Cherry-Evans next year and for the future will be a great addition to the NRL side! If we can keep him and Foran together long term, it could develop into a great partnership! Especially with the skill and speed of Brett at the back!!!!
GO MANLY 2011!!!!!

Welcome to the site,

Oh and mentioning Orford and Hodko in the same post, you are asking for all kinds of hell here. :D

Good luck, keep posting and enjoy the site.

Dan link said:
please let him play at the Sunny Coast. I will know where I will be for their home games :)

Manly players can't play on the Sunshine Coast next year Dan, that deal is over.

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185438.msg297140#msg297140 date=1285217740]

Manly players can't play on the Sunshine Coast next year Dan, that deal is over.
[/quote]

Do you not read the news articles Rusty?

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/news/35-lower-grades/5165-qld-cup-manly-link-still-flying

There is still hope for that link and I think fair enough too until they get the reserve grade back up and running.

The sunny coast as a region has massive potential and funnily enough is so much the same as the Northern beaches is is almost scary, council included. If they can get the government and council approval to build a stadium at Stockland park, I can see a team up there eventually

My biggest concern is whether or not the Stewart brothers and their family can ever truly forgive the Australian media. Glenn seemed to play 2010 like an angry man (can't say I blame him) but it's going to be a tall order for both of them to forgive or forget. ???

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4