We really haven't adapted

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What worries me is that St G, Canberra and an under strength panthers are not exactly the heavyweights of the competition.

We need to make some mid season signings eg the dogs/ inu in 2012. With the injuries we have we need some ring ins or some fresh blood to add some energy
Exactly what I was thinking this morning. Inu and Perret were inspired signings. Does our salary cap position prevent this?

I'm talking in general. Hiku won't get in shape of the club captain couldn't be bothered or isn't pushed to.

How many other clubs start 3-5 fat guys? BTW I'm not talking regular Joe fat I'm taking by pro athlete standards.
In fairness we have a couple of players that are never going to be skinny regardless of what they do. Killer always has an always will be a bit baby faced. Not everyone is made to be ripped. For a lot of people it makes their body less resilient. What most people don't know is that most of killers week is spent in recovery, he does the field sessions. But he barely touches weights yet has been the Dally M centre of the year multiple times while you think he's fat. I wouldn't change a thing about him. Why change someone that is that good if it works for him.

In fairness we have a couple of players that are never going to be skinny regardless of what they do. Killer always has an always will be a bit baby faced. Not everyone is made to be ripped. For a lot of people it makes their body less resilient. What most people don't know is that most of killers week is spent in recovery, he does the field sessions. But he barely touches weights yet has been the Dally M centre of the year multiple times while you think he's fat. I wouldn't change a thing about him. Why change someone that is that good if it works for him.
Understood, but I just don't think that works as well as you age. You can get away with it in your 20's but in you're 30's any extra weight has a negative effect. Those pics of him from training after Christmas were disappointing and when you turn up, lets be honest, flabby - even for Killer, it takes a lot of effort to lose the pud and get into decent condition. All I'm saying is that it would be good for the younger guys if he took the lead here and made an effort to either eat better or get a bit more cardio in.

Speaking of adapting and playing players in a system that suits their skills. The dragons. I don't think their roster is better than ours. They haven't got a vastly different pack to the one that's been pathetic for years. But they're playing a simple system built on accountability and defence. Why can't we do that. We have a bunch of toilers. Tooves just give them a simple gameplan and start from defense.

Mcgregor in the post match was asked about the defence and he said you defend tough to play pretty. Or I've also heard it as defend gritty to play pretty. Let's just get the maroon wall back and the attack will come
Dean Yoing is responsible for their defence.

I think the fact we are fat, have no discipline around the ruck, are slow, lack creativity, overweight, fat... These are all coaching/training issues. The injury toll is what it is but we are also off in a lot of key areas.

Also in case you missed it I really don't get why we have so many ****ing fat players.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking? Cmon Penns, it's time for season 1 of the Biggest Loser: sea eagles!

Michelle will take Jamie and Hiku, commando gets Sao and big willie.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4