Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lots of potential in this young fellow and occasionally I've seen him do great things, but he needed to grab his chances today and he just wasn't on the pace of the game. Personally I think I've seen enough to judge him not ready for permanent 1G, needs more time in ressies. There may be some benefit in using him as a 14 running hooker, at least against some teams.

The issue is he is off contract this year. Will Manly or any other club offer him an extension?

I suggest Manly will be re-signing Bully and Parker ahead of Weekes.
I keep him but would not have to be huge deal. Outside of his Injuries Ben turbo seems to have matured, maybe that's what Kaeo needs ?
Bully going to be interesting as he will gain interest no doubt from Dolphins and titans to go home. Parker, with Talau coming going to be interesting 2024

I've never really believed in the hype for Weekes. When he was coming through the ranks I thought he was way too small to play first grade and then he put on some size and I wanted to see how he goes. But he just hasn't taken his opportunties. 3 games starting and all 3 he has been completely MIA. Absolutely left Schuster to dry out there. Weekes needs to just stay away from the FG team and build confidence and form back in NSW cup as a fullback (he doesn't belong 5/8th defending in the frontline).

I think I would prefer Saab

Just sayin’
Albert has looked really solid this year and a couple of those tries on Saturday were strong barging efforts… looks a good finisher under pressure which I would not really say about Reuben and Saab (and certainly not Tippytoes)…

Saab is of course a jet and pretty consistent under a high ball whilst sandwich has been one of our best this year and his goal kicking is invaluable

Who would be best is a moot point anyways as
A. Albert is at Canberra now and I reckon he will be staying with Croker and Rapana nearly done
B. We rarely create enough space to give our wingers a shot at the corner because we do not play direct enough

Saab was poor?Did you see the 3 players inside him that left him to make those decisions?Its not the 70’&80’s anymore,wingers don’t just sit in their wing marking their opposite
I understand that. Don’t get me wrong I am a huge Saab fan but he missed several one on one tackles yesterday. I agree there were significant problems on the inside however the arm grab on ponga that led to a try was very weak. The body language from Saab after that was from someone that has ****ed up.

Looks devoid of confidence atm.

He'll be right. This may be callous but I'd be looking to re-sign him now whilst his stock is low on a small contract.

2 years on 150k, a punt worth taking

I've never really believed in the hype for Weekes. When he was coming through the ranks I thought he was way too small to play first grade and then he put on some size and I wanted to see how he goes. But he just hasn't taken his opportunties. 3 games starting and all 3 he has been completely MIA. Absolutely left Schuster to dry out there. Weekes needs to just stay away from the FG team and build confidence and form back in NSW cup as a fullback (he doesn't belong 5/8th defending in the frontline).
Weeks reminds me of a U7's kid asked to play in the U8's because their short on players, then, only to find that level to tough for him. Needs to go back to Blacktown Workers and sort out his game.

Not too sure whether it may be a confidence issue or combined with a general lack of experience but should have tried to inject or involve himself in the play more yesterday , Even just to give Shu a couple of more options , particularly in the 2nd half with the attack really struggling . Should have managed a better effort on Young as the last line in defence . No doubt did quite well in that last season game against the Dogs in 2022 but disappointing against the Titans a few weeks ago and apart from one good run yesterday , left fair bit to be desired . Then again looked quite impressive against the Roosters in that last trial game so definitely does have ability . Unfortunately to cut it in ist grade to the required level , does help having quality players around you but also have to make maximum effort and application to again reach that necessary competitive level . Probably no choice but to transfer the one role to Garrick when Turbo is absent at least in the short term and for Kaeo to try and hone his game better at Blacktown . Still be preferable to hang onto him but the side needs results now and can 't be at one on present indications .

After reading through the later part of this thread, one has to think a crazy thought, maybe Des just maybe knew something after all when he resisted the call, no sorry the avalanch of wisdom to play the youngsters.
Maybe just maybe he was right all along, they just not ready before he picked them.

I agree Weekes needs more time.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4