Welcome Back Tom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I thought he was exceptional today and I have to say, he was moving better than at any stage last year.

There was so much said about Tom’s lack of speed when he returned last year and every performance was heavily scrutinised. Our conditioning staff have revealed that Tom is running faster than he has since 21’.

He was everywhere in today’s game. I really like his robust runs and you could see he was very deliberate in wedging between defenders with the ball free to allow for a quick play-the-ball.

Welcome back Champion!

Sounds silly, but you almost forget how brilliant he is, until you see him in action again. He's the epitome of "a class above". Before yesterday, I wanted him to give up on Origin, to focus on, and payback Manly. But if he wants to play for NSW, it would almost be unfair to NOT have him in that team.

I agree, Tom looked fit and confident. My only gripe is that we constantly get him to take a drive on tackle 5, putting him out of the last tackle play. I would have another player covering defensively at full back and have Tom being as much of a nuisance as possible for the last tackle. He terrifies defenders whether that is with the ball or chasing a high kick. Anything to create doubt amongst the defensive team can only be a good thing

I agree, Tom looked fit and confident. My only gripe is that we constantly get him to take a drive on tackle 5, putting him out of the last tackle play. I would have another player covering defensively at full back and have Tom being as much of a nuisance as possible for the last tackle. He terrifies defenders whether that is with the ball or chasing a high kick. Anything to create doubt amongst the defensive team can only be a good thing
I kinda get what you mean but I noticed they're selective in which sets he carries on tackle 5. There were occasions yesterday when DCE had Tom in his pocket on the last and would either run the ball or kick for Tom. If it's been a rugged yardage set and we need a quick ruck to provide time for a clearing kick, Tom will step up for the tough carry.

It took about 10 weeks for Tom to really play without hesitation and at close to 100% last year and then that only lasted a couple of weeks before he got injured. Even in 2022, felt like his best game was against Parra before he got injured. This time he's straight out the blocks similar to 2021, his work rate is insane and his involvement in every play is just threatening. I pray so hard for an injury free season for my boy because he truly is one of the best players in the world when fully fit.

Just to add to some of these great comments above I think the difference from last year may well be a head space one. He appeared to be second guessing himself in the early rounds last year..

Turbo is one of those exceptional players that don "t seem to be doing that much to bust the line, make breaks or to get out into the open but just seems to do it effortlessly on many occasions with some obvious sheer ability and strength and must be generally so hard to defend against .
Looked great with his overall free movement and poise on the weekend and if he can finally get a decent run on the injury front , happy days for him and all Manly fans and sure also for the general public to see a truly gifted player in action

I thought he was exceptional today and I have to say, he was moving better than at any stage last year.

There was so much said about Tom’s lack of speed when he returned last year and every performance was heavily scrutinised. Our conditioning staff have revealed that Tom is running faster than he has since 21’.

He was everywhere in today’s game. I really like his robust runs and you could see he was very deliberate in wedging between defenders with the ball free to allow for a quick play-the-ball.

Welcome back Champion!
The Best Player in the World is Back with a BIG Win on World stage
1709596113825.png

Tom would never be chasing a kick on the last from over 50m out. Having him take that last tackle hit up allows the whole team to be involved in the kick chase.
Also we are looking for a quick play the ball so there is no pressure on DCE/ Brooks to get a decent kick away.
This is straight out of the Roosters play book as Teddy has been doing this for years.

Tom would never be chasing a kick on the last from over 50m out. Having him take that last tackle hit up allows the whole team to be involved in the kick chase.
Also we are looking for a quick play the ball so there is no pressure on DCE/ Brooks to get a decent kick away.
This is straight out of the Roosters play book as Teddy has been doing this for years.
Interesting thoughts. When you put it like that it's really logical.
Tom is the fullback. His position is fullback. When a kick is taken from 50m+ out it makes no sense for him to be another 20m behind the ball kicker. Rest of team powers past the play the ball and tom is already in position. He can amble forward and call out the D structure.

Tom 37 possessions and 171m run compared to Mitchell 20 possessions 90m. I know who is streets ahead the better fullback.
And I know who won't be late into a tackle with a dog shot too... Did any commentators bring up Latrell's late flop after Saab made that break and was ankle-tapped? Should've been at least a penalty if not a bin...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8