West Indies v England 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
3 test series.

West Indies have won the first test.

J Archer out for england in the second one (due to covid biosecurity violations)

Second test:

England atm about 9-430. Rain is on the forcest for upcoming day(s). Should have they declared?

Some rain about Sunday.

Ben Stokes was seeing them ok again 176, the other bloke is another Boycott as boring as **** to watch him bat Sibley.

Buttler had trouble getting quick runs today, I don’t know about declaring but they should have had a decent tempo lift after the first hour today.

Windies spilt a few catches.

Thanks!

I just clicked on the espn cricinfo site so my 'feel' for the game atm is limited. I read a comment that with the rain it may have been better to get at the Windies tonight with the last 20 overs or so. (I dunno)

lol. I wish I could have gotten 176 by just seeing them 'ok'! Sounds like a great knock. Probably kicking himself for not getting the 200, but I'd take 176 any day (seeing as I couldn't bat)

Noooo not another "corpse with pads"!

Eng declare at 469

woot!

edit: Stuart Broad back in (obv) and West Indies won the toss... and decided to field. That's unusual in this age isn't it?

No day three as it rained on thee.

Day 4. W.Indies have just avoided the follow on. 8-283

A quick 3 wicket burst by Broad kept things very interesting.

15 overs to go. W.Indies will be happy for a draw, I wonder what-if anything- England could do to go for a win or if they'll resign themselves to a draw as well?

No day three as it rained on thee.

Day 4. W.Indies have just avoided the follow on. 8-283

A quick 3 wicket burst by Broad kept things very interesting.

15 overs to go. W.Indies will be happy for a draw, I wonder what-if anything- England could do to go for a win or if they'll resign themselves to a draw as well?
Tricky one, Root may have a bash for 15 overs now.

Stumps!

W.Indies out for 287
Eng 2-37 in reply (lead of 219)

And this guy from espn prob said it best

And that will be stumps on the fourth day. Well, I didn't see this coming when West Indies were sitting pretty at 242 for 4 with Blackwood, Dowrich and Holder still to come. But Stuart Broad's new-ball burst has turned the tide of this game, and England's funky tactics will set up a declaration at some point before lunch tomorrow. They'll still need ten wickets to have a chance of winning the Test - and the series - but they're in a significantly better position now than they were mid-afternoon.

I think England may just win this!

40 overs to go today and the W.Indies are 6 wickets down!

edit: 22 overs to go.... 2 wickets for eng to get. Surely England win from here!

edit: Annnnd they do! Series tied 1-1 with one to play.

Last edited:
3rd test:

Day two: W.Indies won the toss (again) and decided to field (again).

Eng compiled a respectable 369.

W.Indies are 5-102 with about 23 overs remaining today.

I kinda can't work out if the W.Indies have let this series slip (could have drawn the second test) or if they were just lucky in the first and the English juggernaut has finally clicked into gear.

I think weather is the only way the W.Indies can get a draw.

As cricinfo states...

West Indies will have 98 overs to survive, and thereby secure the Wisden Trophy in perpetuity, given it is to be retired at the end of the series.

W.Indies crumble to be all out for 129 so England win the series and now keep the trophy forever as they are retiring it after this series.

And it started to pour down rain only 30 mins after the match ended...if only the W.Indies could have hung on!

Broad takes 10 for the match and claims man of the series after 'being rested' for the first test.

Only played 2 tests and won man of the series? That's Billy Slater like!!!

ta dah!

well done England!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4