What a Disgrace !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Technical Coach said:
If your happiness is derived through the viewing or supporting of others you have to ask yourself some serious questions to help gain some balance.

Yeah parents! Harden up!

Maybe they could have clapped the fans, but let's be honest, after a flogging like that to end their season, would you really expect them to wander around the fence and have 25,000 abuse them ?

No issue with them not wandering over. They would have been embarrassed and just wanted get into the sheds. If I was a fan down there I would not have given a toss if they came over. I would have been too busy sooking anyway.

Disgrace! - You are kidding

I cant beleive any supporter could bag this side. Toovs and Co have had everything thrown at them and we came up short. We left our worst game till the end. Thats the way it goes.
Bear in mind we still didnt have out top team on the paddock for a full 80 mins.

Congratulations Toovey and all the players....You have risen above all the crap thats been dished out, suspension, injuries, signings, Hasler and board room rumbles...... and you have done the club and us supporters proud.

Thanks and Go Manly in 2013

I was there, I didn't expect them to come over, and I'm fine with them not coming over. It's not a disgrace at all.

It certainly wasn't as bad as the muppet in Bay 10 who let a 10 year old Melbourne ball boy get under his skin and then proceeded to flip the boy the bird and yell profanities at him. Embarrassing display.

Volley said:
I was there, I didn't expect them to come over, and I'm fine with them not coming over. It's not a disgrace at all.

It certainly wasn't as bad as the muppet in Bay 10 who let a 10 year old Melbourne ball boy get under his skin and then proceeded to flip the boy the bird and yell profanities at him. Embarrassing display.

That ball boy cracked me up - a future half or hooker for sure.

At the time I was disappointed, no, filthy that the players did not even give a perfunctory acknowledgement to the gathered supporters down around @ 9 & 10, but in hindsight I can understand they wanted to get off that field as quickly as possible, I have no doubt they were extremely disappointed with their performance and it reflected in their hasty retreat.

Certainly would not have expected them to come over, but a simple turn, clap the fans and head off would have been good,, anyway to each thief own some people want this some don't, I wasn't There somaybe should not judge

Mark from Brisbane said:
Certainly would not have expected them to come over, but a simple turn, clap the fans and head off would have been good,, anyway to each thief own some people want this some don't, I wasn't There somaybe should not judge

You're on the money there Mark - more than 1 supporter was not pleased at the time, a wave would have been great, but it's not the end of the world.

Technical Coach said:
If your happiness is derived through the viewing or supporting of others you have to ask yourself some serious questions to help gain some balance.

TC, if you hadn't noticed you've pretty much summed up the whole psychology and rationale of being a team supporter. A lot of people are unhappy today. Thats what you do when you support a team passionately. Ridiculous in a way, yes, but pretty normal.

Volley said:

Haha that wasn't what it seemed. Jason knows that kid through his sons footy team. There was definitely no swearing or anything, just a bit of jibing. When the ball boy saw who it was yelling out he gave a laugh and a wave. He knew it was a joke. When Jason and I went over to the tunnel at halftime for the halftime goal kicking comp (which we won) he was chatting to the kid asking if he knew it was him yelling out. He laughed and said 'yeah of course' .

Mark from Brisbane said:

Maybe they went straight off to find a couple of shovels!
Poor ba$tards maybe thought if they acknowledge the fans they'll just cop a torrent of abuse, damned if they do and damned if they don't.

StuBoot said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Poor ba$tards might thought if they acknowledge the fans they'll just a torrent of abuse, damned if they do and smned if they don't.

I doubt that would have happened - as supporters we shared their pain, anyway done and dusted now

voicefromthehill said:
StuBoot said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Poor ba$tards might thought if they acknowledge the fans they'll just a torrent of abuse, damned if they do and smned if they don't.

I doubt that would have happened - as supporters we shared their pain, anyway done and dusted now

Your probably right, it seems a few "supporters" would rather bag them unmercifully behind the keyboard, not to their face.

RE: What a Disrgace !

Mr Krabs said:
Im with you mate , thought I was watching Parramatta play
I don't think even the Eels could play that bad. Jamie Lyon & Brett Stewart can hold their heads up. The rest of them were either injured, tired, lacking in confidence or they had their mind elsewhere.

With the exeption of last nights performance which was probably MWSE 2nd worst performance in the last 30 years, finishing 4th in the NRL ladder & one match away from making the 2012 GF, it was a very good season considering all the injuries, suspensions, board room fighting, player contract speculations, head coach & coaching stuff leaving, players leaving or leaving next season plus a Toyota Cup team which was getting cricket scores against them.

By the way the worst performance by a MWSE team was in match at Brookvale Oval against Penrith about 11 years ago to make the top 8 in which the Panthers which I think were running last put over 60 points against Manly.

Yep, agree with many of the sentiments in this thread, but expecting an apology from the players is a bit much.

Expecting some kind of acknowledgement on the field to the groups of MWSE fans is fair to expect, and this is a gripe I have had for ages - more interaction with fans around the fence after games!
In this case, just some nods and claps toward the groups of fans, as a team, to thank them etc should have been the least they could do.

Anyway..

Manly v Cheats @ Melbourne QF:
Terrible game, terrible contest, terrible result.
Worst game in 3 years by Manly, awful when they needed to pull out one of their best.
Turned it off with 8 mins to go.
Go Bunnies now, oh & Swans.
Gutted.
MWSEforLife.

1st 15 mins of this QF better game than the entire duration of last night's other QF where Manly handed the cheats an easy win in a disaster.
Manly can execute all of these good plays & kicks these teams are putting on just as good and better when the team are on thier game and it's beautiful to see, such a shame we saw none of it last night and won't again until season 2013.

Go Rabbitohs tonight and next week!

They were humiliated last night and probably felt ashamed of their performance. Thanking the fans would have been embaressing given the dogs breakfast they'd dished up. They just wanted to get the f..k out of there....Very understandable

I wonder what effect, if any, this will have on our membership numbers for 2013, its all good when the team is on top, fans seem come out of the woodwork, lets hope we can improve on this years numbers.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2