What a game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Our best player is Jamie Lyon he averages more than 1/2 a season every year over the last 4 or so years

At the game and I was pretty disappointed. All we needed was one try, or even two penalty goals, and we just couldn't do it. To be honest it never felt like we were going to either, despite the fact we had the better opportunities. The Roosters had one opportunity, from a silly mistake we made, and never looked like scoring again and they still won. Mistakes killed us - dropping the ball over and over, failing to kick the ball dead from a penalty (WTF was Ballin doing kicking for touch anyway?) If we'd maintained the pressure surely we would have crossed sooner or later.
Great effort though, and Hiku was outstanding.

We lost our way at crucial times when we had good field position. We sometimes just look like we have nothing in attack when in an oppositions 20m zone. I feel more confident about us scoring from 30 or 40 out than in the 20m zone. As Ron E said above, errors cruelled us.

On the upside is that our defence was great and the Roosters only scored from a kick that took a very lucky pop up bounce. 9 time out of 10 that kick goes dead. We'll smash Cronulla next week if we play like that again. That'll leave another tough one agianst Rabbits.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned was our defence in the first half , it was outstanding . Just smashing them in their own twenty - amazing .

All our attack and we can't score, we looked lost and at the end as the commentator said, ran out of ideas. We have Joey on board so why can't we score!! Should Foran be a lock??

Darren said:
All our attack and we can't score, we looked lost and at the end as the commentator said, ran out of ideas. We have Joey on board so why can't we score!! Should Foran be a lock??

No way through Das , no way through

Darren said:

Did you consider that the Roosters defence was outstanding? We would have put on points with Snake there but alot of credit has to go to the Roosters.

'What a game' is a great thread title. Exhausted watching it so the players must be really aching today. One of the best and every player interviewed said it was the hardest game of their lives. In the end there were too many mistakes from us. The Roosters have made me eat my predictions and are definitely in the running this year.

Ryan said:
Napper said:
Ryan said:
When can we win a big game though? One top 4 team once this season....it's just not good enough.

You've said that in about 4 threads now. We let in 1 try off a kick against the best team in the comp.

You're an Idiot.

Moron, I can be an idiot as much as I like, when the results in the big games back up what I'm saying. We lost, another final, another big game, against another top 4 team. I just don't think that's acceptable.

So our effort was unacceptable or was it "not winning"???

anthonyb1965 said:
Ryan said:
Napper said:
Ryan said:
When can we win a big game though? One top 4 team once this season....it's just not good enough.

You've said that in about 4 threads now. We let in 1 try off a kick against the best team in the comp.

You're an Idiot.

Moron, I can be an idiot as much as I like, when the results in the big games back up what I'm saying. We lost, another final, another big game, against another top 4 team. I just don't think that's acceptable.

So our effort was unacceptable or was it "not winning"???

Isn't winning kind of the whole point, though?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6