What do we make of that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
we looked tired at times, and the enthusiasm seemed to be down at various times
I couldn't agree more,we did look tired at times and unenthusiastic,we were off our game,and Parra were well and truly on their game,we still got the two points which im happy with but there are definitely issues that need to be addressed after tonight,Hayne played well for parra and that Loko player looks good for them,we still managed to pull it out of the bag though,please Dessy fix the issues that need to be addressed from tonight and bring on the Dragons.

Great to win a game like that one! yeah the lads were flat out there tonight in the second half but just kept going until the final bell.
The combination of the Stewart Bros is great to watch and I can't wait to watch them against the dragons next week.

refs had a shocking game but we should've put 13 on them and got 1st when it was up for grabs.. but the g.stewart/b.stewart/wolfie combo is amazing.

Its impossible to play at your peak for the whole season. To get away with the win was a great effort. They never believe they are beaten which is awesome. Maybe their minds were on next week.

The underlying theme is that we looked tired and I agree. But why would they look tired after a nine day spell - or is it just that they played a team that had had a 17 day break and therefore looked 'tired' by comparison?

Our tiredness could be down to the fact thatw e lost Trex early and didnt play Mauro off the bench for the whole game so in effect we had used two reserves?

The Wheel said:
Our tiredness could be down to the fact thatw e lost Trex early and didnt play Mauro off the bench for the whole game so in effect we had used two reserves?
Good pointTW, but we looked tired from about the time Wofman's first try was disallowed.

Are the opposing teams now working out the Keiran & Daly moves?
When they were new the opposition didn't have an answer but I think that now their coaches are closing down our play-makers before they get a chance to show their brilliance.

It had to come but both Keiran & Daly had relatively quiet games tonight compared with their previous 14 this season.

jjai said:
chris_niko said:
Pittwater Legend said:
You get the feeling that we're due for a loss. We played good but not great. Parramatta were exceptional compared to how they've gone this season yet they still seemed to be a bit fortunate.

Grinding out a victory when you're not at your best against a willing team is a trait of a contender. Does tonight back up our credentials?

Full credit to Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran tonight. They would be in my top 3 for that game.
did it piss anyone else off seeing jayne kick it dead every set of six and starving stewart off the ball?

Yes its a loser tactic..:argue:

Why is it a loser tactic? It's quite smart actually. It slows the game down to their pace and keeps the ball off our potent back 3. It's well within the rules of the game and it's probablt the reason we didn't put more points on them.

I think a day off theis week would be well received by the players. They looked tired and could maybe use a lazy day before the biggest game of the year.

Fonz, I disagree, I think it's a dumb move. It gave us a free twenty metres, possession and six tackles. Better to put it up in the air, compete, and maybe come down with the ball or force a mistake in the catch. You'll still have the opposition down on their twenty or so but with only five tackles left, assuming the tackled player caught the ball. Our match winning try coming off that tactic proves it's not always the way to go. Parra seemed to have the momentum at the time of Hayne kicking the ball dead, so the tactic jolted their momentum, which was good for us. And Lismore-fan, DCE seems to play two sort of games. In the Brisbane and Dogs game he took the line on more than he did last night. Last night he drifted across field way to much for me, but I'll forgive him as he threw the money ball to Lyon I think, who got it to Stewart and then Wolfie. Try time and a win. Go Manly.

What this really shows is a sign of disbelief because a good kick & chase & keeping the ball in play is the best possable way to apply pressure. Sacrificing 20 metres & allowing a team to amble back & suck in the oxygen shows you dont believe you can compete in a flowing game & dont back your ability to contain Manlys back 3. Fair tactic but very negative. I'm sure George Rose enjoyed it though.

Hayne was on his side of halfway when kicking most of these balls dead. Are you saying we wouldn't have brought the ball at least out to the 20m line and also we would have been running at their scattered chase? If they kick it dead they slow us down and get a defensive line set. They obviously weren't confident of keeping up with us in the later parts of the game and they monstered us up front a few times off these taps.

I agree there were times hayne should have dropped it shorter but at this point they were defending a lead and i'm convinced that had we have been given better opportunity to attack from our own half and have our back 3 more involved than they were allowed to be the score would have been much higher in favour of us.

The only positive I can take out of it (apart from the 2 points) is that it might just be the kick in the arse we need to play properly next week.

Fonz, I'd agree if their lead was more than 6 points, but to defend a two point margin at that time by giving us six tackles twenty metres out from our line was not the smartest thing to do imo. We invariably got to their thirty from the taps. two field goals would have soaked up the two points. Anyway we won, and that's all we had to do. Heart attack material though.

Fonz said:
jjai said:
chris_niko said:
Pittwater Legend said:
You get the feeling that we're due for a loss. We played good but not great. Parramatta were exceptional compared to how they've gone this season yet they still seemed to be a bit fortunate.

Grinding out a victory when you're not at your best against a willing team is a trait of a contender. Does tonight back up our credentials?

Full credit to Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran tonight. They would be in my top 3 for that game.
did it piss anyone else off seeing jayne kick it dead every set of six and starving stewart off the ball?

Yes its a loser tactic..:argue:

Why is it a loser tactic? It's quite smart actually. It slows the game down to their pace and keeps the ball off our potent back 3. It's well within the rules of the game and it's probablt the reason we didn't put more points on them.

I think a day off theis week would be well received by the players. They looked tired and could maybe use a lazy day before the biggest game of the year.

Its not what the games about it`s a loser way out & it backfired anyway.soward was doing it all of 2009 & look how they ended up that year .. he doesnt do it now ..
i dont see the logic in it you just get an easy 20meters ,3 tackles later your up to half way. It would be much better if it stop before the try line or in the ingoal , lot harder to work it out that way probably chew up 3 tackles before they even reached the 20

Mate i just think that they were in front with 10 to go, a position they never expected to be in and they tried to hold on to it. They nearly pulled it off too.

Fonz said:
Mate i just think that they were in front with 10 to go, a position they never expected to be in and they tried to hold on to it. They nearly pulled it off too.

exactly mate that what it was, i still call it a loser way out. had they won with that tactic would we call them a good team or just lucky..
They would have been better off making us run it out from our 5meter line. that would have been more demoralising for us. Thats one thing we never have employed that tactic or ever will, we just grind ..

True, they would have last year. We seem to have a penchant for pulling wins in the final minutes. Sharks, Rorters and now Parra. Excellent, and developing a never-say-die attitude.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8