What happened to Messiaghan?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele you have a tendency not to give credit were its due and to give an objective view. This leads to you lacking credibility.

So you are going to get deservedly roasted when you post a thread like this.

Never mind I know you posted this to get some predictable reactions. I know you did it for a stir.

My point has always been this - Monaghan is a mediocre half.

Others think he's the Messiah.

Who was right last night?

I never said that he was the Messiah you stole that of me as I always refered to Orford as the Messiah. As to the way you talk him up.

So no prizes for second champ. Know one said Monas was the best half and never said he was the messiah.

For once give me an "objective" view.

Would we have won with Orford playing? But only answer it if you actually saw the game, I wouldn't want you to be waisting our time :lol:

I say the same thing about Monaghan week in and week out - the usual suspect.

For the record, I did tape the game and watch it. Goodness knows why.

Possibly. That's the only answer you can give to a hypothetical such as that.

The real question is this:

Who do impartial observers believe is the better half?

Orford or Monaghan?

My point has always been this - Monaghan is a mediocre half.

Others think he's the Messiah.

Who was right last night?

Congratulations on hoping the Manly halfback and captain struggles :clap: :clap: :clap: Really top notch.

yeah these kind of 'supporters' have to find scapegoats. it keeps their season interesting. It was Mullane last year.

He hates Monas as he got the captaincy off his beloved kennedy.. and now signed a new deal instead of his beloved Orford.

Oh no..

Strange contradiction isn't there?

One the one hand the red necks have skited all week about how Monaghan has single handedly turned around the club's fortunes and deserves re-signing.

But apply the same logic to last night's flogging and all hell break loose.

I know where the uppercut should be going, and it ain't directed at my jaw.

WAKE UP KIDDIES!!!!!!!!!

a bit different when he didnt have a forward pack last night. Any half would struggle last night. Yes even your love child. The service from dummy half was shocking all night. Too many basic errors in decent field position Monas didnt even get time to touch the ball as we had lost it by tackle 2.. but i guess you wouldnt know that by not watching the game...

Okay, this argument will become circular after a while.

I confess to being guilty for singling Monaghan out for treatment when I'm sure he's not the only contributing factor to the loss.

If the service from dummy half was bad last night (the usual suspect Randall) can anyone see the sense in switching Monas to hooker (where he could be sensational)??????

I see the sense in moving Monas to hooker but we need a suitable replacement for halfback. that we are lacking, so until then Monas is the man.

Brett Stewart, Ashley Alberts and Harris were about the only ernest tryers for the full game and by them Brett stewart by far. Glenn Stewart also played well

Okay, this argument will become circular after a while.

I confess to being guilty for singling Monaghan out for treatment when I'm sure he's not the only contributing factor to the loss.

If the service from dummy half was bad last night (the usual suspect Randall) can anyone see the sense in switching Monas to hooker (where he could be sensational)??????

Well said Mata, but who would we have at half for 2005?

Witt..........he's been copping it at the moment

Mullane...........Sure you'd love that!

Burns...............Is he still suspended............again?

Randall.....................I put that there for a joke :lol:

Witt made 4 errors last night, all crucial, he was attrocious but somehow its monas fault??

I dont think the issue is errors made, Monaghs cops flak about having little or zero creativity in attack when we are putting pressure on the opposition, nothing to do with drop balls etc. we all applaud his passion/defence leadership etc, no one has said including matabele he shouldnt be in the 13.

before anyone jumps on the no go forward band wagon, use the game against the roosters as an example, we made zero line breaks.

From memory some of the tries were scored from Monas "creative" kicks.

So from that statement your saying that the players around Monas cant make a line break......Thats a fair call Pepsi.

Most of the creative kicks come from Witt.

Witt is doing most of the kicking. Look at the kick for hicks late in the first half against souths.

Witt is taking more of a halfbacks role and is starting to show himself as a great young leader

against the roosters it was monas not witt

witt barely kicked at all, something like 3 kicks from memory

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7