What if Manly relocated?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Brookie4eva said:
As others have said, surely the NRL would be mad to have no teams representing Northern part of Sydney, but the NRL is known to be quite mad in it's decision making.

That's true, but what are Manly doing about serving that area? Anything? Or do they still stop at the Spit?

I'd like to think that within the next decade we can regain our financial clout....long live the Silvertails !

Some interesting comments, it's all very easy to say you'd still support the team if they relocated but I have first hand experience with a fans worst nightmare which is 'relocation' with an NBA team as a fan of the Seattle SuperSonics since the late 80's when they were sold and relocated in 2007 I haven't been able to watch a basketball game since.

I wouldn't ditch the team, but i wouldn't follow it as heavily as i do now, same with the NE eagles days i was interested but it just wasn't the same.

WAMF said:
I didnt give up when the club was forced to merge, so I wouldnt ditch them if they had to relocate in order to survive.

It was a different club. It wasn't Manly. I had three years off following anybody but i was back round 1 2003 when Manly were back.

I was the same as you in the NE days bones.

I refused to have anything to do with the NEs or the NRL. I didn't watch it on TV, didn't buy merchandise and I certainly didn't go to games. My reasoning was that if everybody had the same attitude then our merger would never have happened because it simply would not have made commercial sense for anyone. Deep down I hoped my protest would lead to the reinstatement of Manly and, while my protest may not have been a big part of it, ultimately I was lucky enough to get my wish.

A lot of my feelings on that were driven by the raw deal we got from Super League and the way the mergers were exclusively forced on the ARL clubs.

If a relocation were to happen, I think the background events that led to it happening would be a big thing for me to consider before deciding whether to continue to support the club. However I think more likely than not I would just stop watching RL as it would never be the same. It would be a sad sad day and I hope it never happens.

Aslong as there is no change of colours or mascot i could stomach it,im alot more connected to the club itself than the area (i guess that has something to do with me having never lived there)

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8