What now for Snake & Skivvy?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You guys are hilarious. Two weeks ago you were insulting anyone who suggested the Snake should retire. I thought it was actually going to take you guys until at least July/August to realise he was done. I am glad most of you are not running the club as you are just so reactionary. However, I will prepare for the troll rating...
Mate i dont think anyone was sending him off on his bike , so to speak early . He has broken down again and may be out for an extended time . He may come back brilliantly and put this all to bed , but chances are it will happen again and i dont know if it is the right call to play on and keep someone like turbo out of the 1 for another year if his hammys play up again . I love snake , he is going to go down as a manly great but id hate to see him play on as a passenger. I wont troll you , everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Let snake retire, love the bloke and hes been an incredible player but hes aged quickly snd injuries are catching up. Matai has been playing well and lets face it, has played injured for the past 10 years anyways.
2017:
1 Turbo
2 Taufua
3 Walker
4 Matai
5 Holland / Feldt / Mansour / Koroibete
6 Api / Hynes
7 DCE

It's interesting that Jamie was talking about going around for one more year and asked if that would be with Manly, he hoped it would.

What changed in the last few weeks?

I'm wondering if the Penns have told him there's no contract for next year & wonder if they've already got someone signed up?

Matai we need for one last year partnering Walker in the centres.

I really really want Corey Norman. I want to stick it up those cheating slime!
Agree. Norman would be the one I'd be after. He's a gun.

Absolutely. That's the one.
I want my Jamie! I want my Snake! I want my Stevie!
To all Manly legends. Please stop getting old, now!

Well I'm a Manly legend too!!

Started when I was 8, and I'm now 60.......and getting older every day!!

Sorry Nicci but we ALL get older, happens to everyone !!

Well I'm a Manly legend too!!

Started when I was 8, and I'm now 60.......and getting older every day!!

Sorry Nicci but we ALL get older, happens to everyone !!
Yes is does damn it!
I guess we're really lucky as supporters to have gone through this era with players such our 3 remaining legends. Sadly it's coming to an end but then the future's looking bright with the Turbos bursting onto the scene.
Cue the Lion King Circle of Life song.....

Just retire early injured and let the insurance payout, which as we now know is not part of the salary cap, keep them happy.
Me thinks this will be last year for both of them.
I don't think the insurance works like that, these guys have had chronic injuries, so I doubt that the insurance company will pay them out, it has to be a sudden career ending injury, similar to the one Jharal Yow Yeh had, or the one Watmaugh is working on, lol,all I can say is to him is " good luck mate", everyone knew he was busted when he left us, hopefully the insurance company will see right through it.

what now?

I'd guess building towards a gf win this season, and cap off next years with another!

yay

In all honesty their experience isnt really doing us any good at the moment.
I can't agree with that. I suspect their experience is vital in bringing this year's new group together as a unit, not mention helping to lure players here to begin with.

It doesn't take long at all to re-build in this day and age with a bit of common sense recruiting. The sooner it happens the better...
Don't agree with that either, if you mean rebuilding AND winning. Which clubs can you name that have gone through a re-build and actually won something in a short time?

I can't agree with that. I suspect their experience is vital in bringing this year's new group together as a unit, not mention helping to lure players here to begin with.

Don't agree with that either, if you mean rebuilding AND winning. Which clubs can you name that have gone through a re-build and actually won something in a short time?
Roosters would be the closest to that, close but probably not a real short time.

Yes I thought of the Roosters but I don't think that was a 'rebuild' as such, in that they didn't lose a number of senior long-term players, they simply added one superstar plus Jennings and Maloney.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6