[Resurrected] What position did you / do you play ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What position did you / do you play ?

• Full Back

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Wing

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Centre

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Five Eight

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Half Back

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Lock

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Back Row

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Prop ~ Front Row

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Hooker

Votes: 5 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Started off with the Linwood Keas u10s back in 1993. Always got chucked into the front row because of being a big unit. Stayed there for 2 years, was 2nd too try scorer in my 2nd year with 4 lol, top try scorer got 54. Always expected him to go places but Qld Cup was a far as he had gotten, still dominates the NZ domestic comps though

Came back a few years ago to help out a mates team, playing for Marist in Div 2. Front row again lol, fancy myself as a centre coz I have a bit of pace but not to be. 2nd game back played the army boys and was welcomed with 4 high shots haha, 1 of them made a real mess of my lip. Highlight of the season was getting the ball from the kickoff and going 90m to score and showing the coaches I should be a centre haha. Opposition spent the rest of the game trying to put shots on me which was fun. Scored 7 tries in 4 games, then chucked it in for good coz I hated training

5/8 - fullback at juniors in Cronulla
A tackle gone wrong on a friend in a social game, where a mate ended up in traction at Nth Shore spinal had me hang up the boots at 16.... but came back 5 years later in a Keno Cup trial involving a few grade players & got MOM honours.
Got called up to Brisbane Easts with 2 others on the back of this, where after never having an injury - 2nd game in VS Redcliffe got got a major knee injury including major MCL damage.....bad luck? - not really - poor preperation & average attitude.
Tried to come back the next year getting contracted to the Ipswich Jets but only played half a game in reserve grade & redone the left knee
Basically it for the footy career, though played again at 36 in Qld country, winning best back....but pace pretty shot due to age & injury, probably helping as a creative player more so than the best attribute, being a running game.
Made Australian Oz Tag 20 team in 2013 & won the cup vs NZ
Played Masters in 2013/14 a few games at halfback for the Central coast Bulldogs - over 35's - where you play harder off the field than on it.
Still talk to plenty of good mates who went onto the highest NRL levels, including a bloke who managers a few of the current Manly players
Still play some touch but really, my favourite footy involvement these days apart from the Seaeagles - is helping coach the local junior footy teams & as much as getting the skill sets right, the best is seeing them simply play to their OWN potential & love the game.

Played soccer up until about 14 then switched to league scoring a hat trick in my first game. It was all downhill from there.

Played centre for Lismore High School on Wedensday & prop for Wests Alstonville on Sunday.

As I got older fatter and slower switched to front row on a permanent basis. Moved to Brisbane in 1986 & played 10 years for Souths Sunnybank (Thurstons junior club) in the sub districts competition.

Moved back to Lismore in 1996 and played for a pub side until I was 40 when the team folded.

Centre for glen innes primary . Went on to win the Buckley shield and 16s won the peel schools carnival in tamworth. Played 5/8 for open weights in high school and got picked for North West then broke collar bone and that's all she wrote .

Was more of an AFL player growing up cause mum wouldn't sign the permission slips to play Rugby League growing up - it was in the era of some bad publicity from spinal injuries & tightening of rules etc. So when I did play league it was under an alias using my mates registration details, cause I couldn't register. Was in a small country town, played in a semi final one year and scored the winning try, bit of a flop over try most people could have scored....but when the name of the "hero" appeared in the paper in was my mates name that I was impersonating.

And with that, a mediocre career had peaked......

Short career for belrose, back-up half, behind Tooves. Cruelly ended by a collarbone break. Good short kicking game, still quite accurate over about 20 metres
Hey mate,

Just wondering why the collarboan break ended your career. My son plays for the local comp in the u15As in the Shire broke his collarbone playing up against his old cluband is sidelined for 8 weeks. Currently plays half and has done so for a number of years. Hoping to qualify for Harold Matts next year.

Fullback - Redlands Parakeets - u10s through 18s | 1993-2000

Wing - Wynnum Manly Seagulls Fogs Colts | 2001

I was a centre, played a bit of League at school then switched to Union at uni. Played Eastwood colts then for Mac Uni.

I have always been a hangerona. My mate played country firsts against Tommy Raudonikis (Steve Morris players seconds as they thought Tommy would had a field day with him). We were so proud as our mate got first punch in and got the penalty. The other mate played for Easts. I ran the side line taking pics. In his first grade debut in a trial match he broke his leg and never played again. I went back to the couch.

Hey mate,

Just wondering why the collarboan break ended your career. My son plays for the local comp in the u15As in the Shire broke his collarbone playing up against his old cluband is sidelined for 8 weeks. Currently plays half and has done so for a number of years. Hoping to qualify for Harold Matts next year.

My dad's playing career was finished by a broken collarbone as well. In his case, more to do with the fact that it meant 8 weeks off work - he was lucky that the footy club paid him for the duration (he still tells the story of how he was a professional football player for a couple of months lol), but I guess by the time he'd recovered they'd found another young guy to bring up to A Grade, and he couldn't risk another injury like that leaving him with no money for weeks or months.

Sometimes it's confidence - I've done pretty well in martial arts over the years, and power breaking was one of my favourite events up until I broke an ankle a couple of years ago. I've been back in the ring since and fought at National level again, but haven't been game to smash timber with my feet like I used to!

Hey mate,

Good question. My parents were reluctant for me to play due to the chance of being injured. This break at age 16 or so was the reason I had to quit, but it was a parental directive rather than a medical reason. The collarbone has never given me any trouble.

Apparently when i was 5 my dad took me to play league and i didnt want to play i ended up playing soccer instead
Played league down the park with all the kids in the neighborhood in later years but didnt like the tackling bit i was about 40 kilo's at that time , I think my eyes looked like dinner plates when every kid use to run at me
But when i started work at a Govt dept in sydney i did end up playing a few games at the domain in the NSW public service comp as a winger and still didnt like the tackling but it got me out for a few hours every second week
Played touch for a lot years which was fun and no tackling

Tackling was the best part? Nothing better than getting up under the rib cage, cutting them in half and smashing them into the ground.

Of course you've gotta be prepared to cop them as well, not nearly so fun when it's your ribs goin snap crackle and pop ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7