What was the crowd?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Roosters just don't seem to be growing. Fans aren't turning up and they have seemed to have dropped off the radar. They do seem like a team that could re-locate. Inner city teams like the Tigers and Souffs are probably enough in the area.

Darren said:
It seems Sydney teams are just not great drawcards. Fox probably has alot to do with it with it beamed in live at home. I imagine alot of families etc can't justify $100-150 to watch a game anymore. Coming up from the Gong is alot more dearer now. A 4 hour return trip is about $40-$50 in fuel, $25 to get in, $8 for tolls and $20 bucks for food is hard to justify.

Aren't you the one who continually comes on here and bags out the Manly fans for having only 13,000-14,000 turn up at Brookie?

I expect the locals to pack out the place. I don't get why they don't go? Their costs are much less, even a 3-6 game pass makes it cheap. Wollongong fans got blase about going to Steeler games and eventually they went broke. If I was 10 minutes away I'd be there every week.

Darren said:
I expect the locals to pack out the place. I don't get why they don't go? Their costs are much less, even a 3-6 game pass makes it cheap. Wollongong fans got blase about going to Steeler games and eventually they went broke. If I was 10 minutes away I'd be there every week.

It'd be interesting to consider a price concession for people living out of town who are prepared to travel. If your address is out of Sydney, get a discount on GA tickets? Anything to help bolster crowds and recognise not everyone lives nearby.

Larissa - worth throwing out there?

It's hard as club is trying to make a profit, or break even. I don't mind giving my dough to the club! It's the fuel and tolls that make it an expensive day. (for me, it's nearly $60 before going in the gate)

I don't remember it costing so much to go to games. I have gone to Brookie since 15 and that's 28 years. All I know now is I don't have much change from $100 and that's only my entertainment. I really hope Foxtel is paying the NRL alot as I'm sure people struggle to afford to go.

Locals can get away alot easier. They can have a big lunch/take food before they go and hardly any petrol. They are the question I ask? What happens to travellers like me and others who just can't justify the costs. I can't see how we can't get 15k of locals with a team that are premiers and been dominant for past few years.

Darren said:
If you are trying to say a losing Roosters outfit are drawcards, then you got me there. It was nice to be able to sit comfortably and not pay $60, get a great view, good food and a great win at the new "fortress"! A very winning place for us. Nearly a home ground advantage.

Didn't see you there mate. Where were you sitting?

Darren, you are right about getting to matches with Sydney being 'toll city' and the cost of parking.
I do feel that the cost of entry to games at Brookie is too high. I do believe that by making it more affordable you'd get sufficient additional numbers to come out with similar gate-takings.
The philosophy of maximising admission prices only works if you have maximum attendance. At Brookie we can almost always squeeze in another 4,000 or so. I liken the flawed rationale to that of fairgrounds; They charge an exhorbitant price to go on a ride, and run it with none or one kid aboard instead of cutting the price in half and having a queue of kids. Create the demand by cheap entry, then when you have more people wanting to attend than you have capacity you can ratchet up the price.

really tough situation, The Who, I have mates who support other teams (weirdos) and they struggle to go. I'm more than happy to pay the club! Memberships etc because I know it's helping the team but as you said, tolls/fuels are the killer.
I remember the days of a packed out Brookie and it being mad. I hope we can get that back. I don't think the fans know what it's like. The only close game to it was the 40-0 and looking around it seemed everyone was Manly! That ranks up with the parra game in the 80's. I saw people jumping fences etc. I adid it at a Norths game when they shut the gates at 1pm! Ian Robbo scored a try that day and I was sitting on the sidelines.

Hi Jono, I was fortunate to get a seat in a box. We have friends with SFS gold card (thingo) and I went. Glad I didn't have to give a dollar to the Roosters!! lol

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4