What will the extended break mean for.....(injuries)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Injuries?
Will we have almost everyone back - fit and firing? Other than Fainu of course. Hoppa? AFB?

Also - what about our opposition? We have played the Storm and Roosters already (no qualms there) but do any of the other opponents have any star players who might be able to make it back on the field now?

Injuries?
Will we have almost everyone back - fit and firing? Other than Fainu of course. Hoppa? AFB?

Also - what about our opposition? We have played the Storm and Roosters already (no qualms there) but do any of the other opponents have any star players who might be able to make it back on the field now?
The key point you have made here is that the Manly side is basically all fit and ready to go, without being rude, I don't really care too much for who is in or out in the other sides as at full strength...can match any team in this comp.
This does change come finals when teams are missing vital players, as in Cam Smith missing for Storm or Haas out of Broncos, Taumoloulo out ect....it will be good to see which teams come out firing as I reckon after this disruptive start, a few teams will be down mentally as well as physically and 1 thing you can bet with Des in charge....this Manly team WILL be ready to rumble...

I wonder if PVL will give some thought to disbanding Greenturds discredited and corrupt No Fault Stand down rule which can only end badly.
It may turn out to be a live grenade that can blow up massively if either Fainu or particularly Debellend possibly get found not guilty .
Which although these cases esp Debellends have dragged on you still have to be proven guilty, not innocent and the defense just has to create the possibility of reasonable doubt .Which is the opposite of Greenturds policy of "you are alleged to have committed a felony and you don't play for the Donkeys, Rorters ,Scum or Souffs so on that basis you are suspended until you are cleared in a court of law, case closed ,get out of my palace,,,,I mean office."
Or if you play for the Scum Souffs ,Rorters or Donkeys or maybe Parra then its,,,,, play on ....nothing to see here!!!! Cases in point that over grown dope from the Scum Nelson A ,Fifita, Curtis Scott , Lodge,even Ingliss etc etc
Might be a can of worms , pandora's box ,or could be the opening of the flood gates to a ponderous and earnest legal dissertation

This is a good question !!

To be honest though I’m more worried about getting them back to a fitness level that existed in round 1 ( in essence not starting to play without being appropriately ready).

This is a good question !!

To be honest though I’m more worried about getting them back to a fitness level that existed in round 1 ( in essence not starting to play without being appropriately ready).
Agree, this is an "injuries just waiting to happen" scenario. All teams are in the same boat and the best coaching/conditioning staff's should have their groups in a better place than others...emphasis being on "should".
A bright spot is that young Hoppa will not be terribly behind the others if needed...if he has been committed with his rehab and fitness, and Schuster should be as ready as just about anyone.

Agree, this is an "injuries just waiting to happen" scenario. All teams are in the same boat and the best coaching/conditioning staff's should have their groups in a better place than others...emphasis being on "should".
A bright spot is that young Hoppa will not be terribly behind the others if needed...if he has been committed with his rehab and fitness, and Schuster should be as ready as just about anyone.

Yep, agree totally with all you’ve said.

According to NRL injury list - up to date as of this week

Manly Sea Eagles

• Taniela Paseka (ankle, round three)
  • Albert Hopoate (knee, June)
  • Jack Gosiewski (back disc infection, June)
  • Manase Fainu (stood down/shoulder)

@globaleagle claims to have been playing golf with Jetski and doing 400 push ups with him, so he may be fit despite what it says above

Jetski was always going to be out for ages. That infection is a horrible one to get.

But June means be shouldn't be too far away.

Sorry for making a thread guys. Been a long time for me to have the courage tbh ! Sorry if it's just waffle.

Just wondered if anyone had any intel on the injured brigade prior to the season re-starting?

From memory:

• Albert Hopoate (knew, due back in June some time)
  • Brad Parker (failed his HIA in the Chooks game)
  • Sean Keppie (failed his HIA in the Chooks game)
  • Taniela Paseka (ankle, due back round 3 I believe)
  • Jack Gosiewski (back disk infection, due back in June some time)
  • Manase Fainu (Shoulder, and shoulder infection)
  • Corey Waddell (unsure, but seems fit and going in social media)

Ok the side will now be back at Full strength.

The Jetski and big Paseka now available, so a healthy competition which is always good.
What's your side for Round 3 - yes a few weeks away but some big decisions to be made...

Waddell and JetSki need to be on the bench for sure
Yep always been a fan of Waddell and reckon he will only improve.
Early on with Jetski, was not a fan at all tbh...but he has improved out of sight and reminds me of Ronny Gibbs with his tenacity....long way to go to match Rambo but a similar style imo.

Early on with Jetski, was not a fan at all tbh...but he has improved out of sight and reminds me of Ronny Gibbs with his tenacity....long way to go to match Rambo but a similar style imo.
i Agee mate, they add extra aggression which pumps the boys up. I would like to see des adopt a tactic used by the blues a few years back where at the 25min mark replace the two starting props and replace them with the back rowers, it allows the team to speed up the attack whilst giving the big boys a break. Then in the second half we would have tapau and afb come back on fresh. So essentially we would have a forward back of back rowers for 15mins

The Ronnie Gibbs comparison is a ripper.

Ok the side will now be back at Full strength.

The Jetski and big Paseka now available, so a healthy competition which is always good.
What's your side for Round 3 - yes a few weeks away but some big decisions to be made...
Is that 100% confirmed somewhere that they are both good to go ?? Seen mixed reports on Jetski's availability

I read an article saying that NSW cup players will play "trial" type games every couple weeks to keep match fitness up and try to limit injuries to fringe players. Seems a good idea until someone gets injured in one of these games. Catch 22 I suppose

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8