What's going on?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe you should enlighten anyone on your ability to judge a coach based on one season. If that is all you see then you have just illustrated why you are clueless. Can you enlighten us on how you are in no doubt that Bozo should retire?" The legend he was " is by far the most important factor in Manly's success over the last 40 years and you are truly gifted if you can determine that he is now a liability. I am just glad to have some fellow fans who stick by the club even though we aren't watching a trophy being hoisted.
Nah he just wants to have a whinge on a supporter site and then get his panties in a bunch when someone has a different opinion to him.
No need for any comebacks. You just showed everyone on here what a twat you are.
HAHAHA mate I couldn't give less of a **** and the only twat you should be worrying about old boy, is your missus' which Barrett has obviously got a mortgage on for you to hate him this much.

Ffs we had a Cowboys reserve grade winger playing 5/8, a very ordinary second rower and a reserve grade back in the centres, a Toyota Cup centre on the wing, a winger playing with a busted collarbone, a fullback on one leg and a halfback who requires ankle surgery. On top of that we had three starting centres and a fullback on the sidelines, along with Darcy Lussick and Brenton Lawrence. And finally we played a large chunk of the second half with fifteen men. The last fortnight we have played the top two sides in the comp and despite fielding a sub standard team, we competed admirably. What the heck do people expect? Defence and attack require combinations and familiarity in order to execute at the highest level. In the face of all this adversity the boys have never thrown in the towel and in my opinion have exemplified the Manly spirit. We will be much much better next year as a result of facing such difficult obstacles this season. People are delusional if they think we should be winning under these circumstances. They have had a red hot go the last two months and that at least shows they are playing for the coach.

Ffs we had a Cowboys reserve grade winger playing 5/8, a very ordinary second rower and a reserve grade back in the centres, a Toyota Cup centre on the wing, a winger playing with a busted collarbone, a fullback on one leg and a halfback who requires ankle surgery. On top of that we had three starting centres and a fullback on the sidelines, along with Darcy Lussick and Brenton Lawrence. And finally we played a large chunk of the second half with fifteen men. The last fortnight we have played the top two sides in the comp and despite fielding a sub standard team, we competed admirably. What the heck do people expect? Defence and attack require combinations and familiarity in order to execute at the highest level. In the face of all this adversity the boys have never thrown in the towel and in my opinion have exemplified the Manly spirit. We will be much much better next year as a result of facing such difficult obstacles this season. People are delusional if they think we should be winning under these circumstances. They have had a red hot go the last two months and that at least shows they are playing for the coach.
I don't think anyone would not agree today we did well against a team that on paper was far better. We had some stand out performances especially in the forwards. Stand in fullback was better than the man who usually plays there. The gist of the thread though as I read it was how some were saying that the coach was going OK. I don't see it that way. I'd reckon more than half the people I speak to about Baz are unimpressed so far. That's the way it is. You may disagree, but your probably in the minority.

Nah he just wants to have a whinge on a supporter site and then get his panties in a bunch when someone has a different opinion to him.

HAHAHA mate I couldn't give less of a **** and the only twat you should be worrying about old boy, is your missus' which Barrett has obviously got a mortgage on for you to hate him this much.
Here ya go - this is me. https://www.facebook.com/jerry.french.127 who are you.

I don't think anyone would not agree today we did well against a team that on paper was far better. We had some stand out performances especially in the forwards. Stand in fullback was better than the man who usually plays there. The gist of the thread though as I read it was how some were saying that the coach was going OK. I don't see it that way. I'd reckon more than half the people I speak to about Baz are unimpressed so far. That's the way it is. You may disagree, but your probably in the minority.
I will say, I don't understand why Baz didn't play Api at 6 and Wright and Williame in the centres. I would hope it was because he felt Parcell lacked the match fitness to start. @HoldenV8 nailed the starting side earlier today. But I'm not privy to all the ins and outs of the team so anything I say would be speculation. As for Trent Barrett, it's not possible for me to have a definitive opinion on his ability because of all the sh1t the team had faced this season. I'm not even sure he picks the side, but it's undeniable that the boys play for him. They never give up and that shows me that he hasn't lost the team.

Of course more than half the people following a Manly team in 12th position are unimpressed but what the herd predictably say's about anything has no bearing on the future. The herd are reacting to today and the season just gone. It has no bearing on what will be dished up in 17 and 18 and if you don't believe me check the history. We don't know how the coach is going that is the whole point, but many seem to think he can be judged already. More than half the raiders fans are impressed with Stuart but ask them last year and less than half are impressed? It doesn't prove anything.

Of course more than half the people following a Manly team in 12th position are unimpressed but what the herd predictably say's about anything has no bearing on the future. The herd are reacting to today and the season just gone. It has no bearing on what will be dished up in 17 and 18 and if you don't believe me check the history. We don't know how the coach is going that is the whole point, but many seem to think he can be judged already. More than half the raiders fans are impressed with Stuart but ask them last year and less than half are impressed? It doesn't prove anything.
Stuart was not a rookie & I still don't rate him. He's had more failures in clubs than successes. He isn't a Bellamy, Hasler or Bennett. Do you want to wait for five years of failure to call it... Not me - I want it all & I want it now.

I will say, I don't understand why Baz didn't play Api at 6 and Wright and Williame in the centres. I would hope it was because he felt Parcell lacked the match fitness to start. @HoldenV8 nailed the starting side earlier today. But I'm not privy to all the ins and outs of the team so anything I say would be speculation. As for Trent Barrett, it's not possible for me to have a definitive opinion on his ability because of all the sh1t the team had faced this season. I'm not even sure he picks the side, but it's undeniable that the boys play for him. They never give up and that shows me that he hasn't lost the team.

i cant understand why they didnt play Api at 6 and try and develop that DCE / API combination for future back up experience

i can not see the logic in wright at 5/8, brown in the centres api at 9 with Parcell on the bench.... and Williame shifted on his wrong side to counter Browns weakness

wtf is going on?

SPOT ON KEV, SPOKEN WITH A CLEAR HEAD

Parcell fit why isn't he 9 and korisau 6? Williame is back up only not a permanent solution. Parker looks good.

Oh and Brenko Lee off to Bulldogs.

Tom Wright looks good in twenties and I think Hynes is a first grader.
I thought that Parcell should have come into the game about 25 minutes earlier than he did as he did spark something around the ruck. To be fair on Barrett we are busted to the core and he doesnt have many options right now.

I think Api should be in the halves. He doesn't provide the best of service to the guy running on to the ball when he's at dummy-half. Parcell, when he came on today, was a lot crisper (for the love of all that's holy, I wish my brain could've come up with a better word than 'crisper').

Against the Bulldogs, Api made 57 tackles, our highest for the game. He has talent but I think we'd be better served with Parcell as full-time hooker. Api could play 5/8.

I think Cherry-Evans needs to run at the line more, with ball in hand. I saw him create a bit of confusion for the defence when he did it a couple of times today. A support player next to him and he could carve up gaps. I'm not a fan of those grubbers of his because no one else knows about them. Give him a team of injury free players (himself included) and I think there would be a big difference.

I also noticed that we do try set plays too often that just weren't threatening.

Plus, I think Matthew Wright deserves more credit than he's due. Punted from the Cowboys mid-year and yet I have more faith in him than Williame. His goal-kicking skills are sorely needed, and his kick-offs can be quite good too (today he was good, despite the one out on the full).

I'm just as gutted at how we've been this season as everyone is, but I think that there are a lot of things we can look to next year to be hopeful about.

As for Barrett..... I think my frustrations with some of the decisions he's made this year makes it hard for me to be objective. I just hope that next year we see him do exactly what he's capable of doing.

Thank you for reading this comment. Again, as you all know that if your opinion is different, then it is wrong.

This comment has been officially endorsed by The Quirkster.

I know we were missing half our team, but it was still a sh*it performance I witnessed, I was so disappointed. Besides Tom Turbo, I really didn't see a single other player stand up and be counted. Jake tried hard but is limited. The rest simply looked disinterested. Please no Lewis Brown again. Ever. What a waste of money Myles proved to be this year.

Stuart was not a rookie & I still don't rate him. He's had more failures in clubs than successes. He isn't a Bellamy, Hasler or Bennett. Do you want to wait for five years of failure to call it... Not me - I want it all & I want it now.
So you would have flicked Stuart last year from the Raiders? All you are doing is proving that we can't tell what will happen in the future. We are the champions hasn't been echoing down the corridors at the Berries for a while, I believe there is a call to poach Stuart to coach there next year.

I think Api should be in the halves. He doesn't provide the best of service to the guy running on to the ball when he's at dummy-half. Parcell, when he came on today, was a lot crisper (for the love of all that's holy, I wish my brain could've come up with a better word than 'crisper').

Against the Bulldogs, Api made 57 tackles, our highest for the game. He has talent but I think we'd be better served with Parcell as full-time hooker. Api could play 5/8.

I think Cherry-Evans needs to run at the line more, with ball in hand. I saw him create a bit of confusion for the defence when he did it a couple of times today. A support player next to him and he could carve up gaps. I'm not a fan of those grubbers of his because no one else knows about them. Give him a team of injury free players (himself included) and I think there would be a big difference.

I also noticed that we do try set plays too often that just weren't threatening.

Plus, I think Matthew Wright deserves more credit than he's due. Punted from the Cowboys mid-year and yet I have more faith in him than Williame. His goal-kicking skills are sorely needed, and his kick-offs can be quite good too (today he was good, despite the one out on the full).
just as gutted at how we've been this season as everyone is, but I think that there are a lot of things we can look to next year to be hopeful about.

As for Barrett..... I think my frustrations with some of the decisions he's made this year makes it hard for me to be objective. I just hope that next year we see him do exactly what he's capable of doing.

Thank you for reading this comment. Again, as you all know that if your opinion is different, then it is wrong.

This comment has been officially endorsed by The Quirkster.
I like Api but I can't figure out where to play him. It's like they haven't invented his role yet. I used to hear Hodges getting praised and I tried for a while to agree but his passing was so bad it was just not funny. Api is above this level but can't a player be coached in passing?

So you would have flicked Stuart last year from the Raiders? All you are doing is proving that we can't tell what will happen in the future. We are the champions hasn't been echoing down the corridors at the Berries for a while, I believe there is a call to poach Stuart to coach there next year.
No I wouldn't have hired him in the first place. I suspect there will be many more lol@sticky post before his time is done.

As for the future nothing is certain. I make my living guesstimating what will happen. One thing I learnt running a business is its Ok to take a risk now and again especially when things are going well but when they're not don't throw all your cash on a dark horse. Chances are you'll come up empty.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4