When BJ Lawrence comes back...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
as much as you are probably looking back with a critical eye due to the nature of his departure, it's pretty clear that Choc had a few more strings to his bow than Brenton Lawrence.
Really.... Like, from what I've seen.. He couldn't kick long or short, couldn't pass left or right, long or short, terrible hands, prone to give penaltys away , couldn't kick goals, couldn't kick field goals. Put it how you want but at the end of the day choc played the game hard with and without the ball, he played a very simple game aggressively , with a good motor..... That's it, and you don't think Lawrence could do the same.

My Pick:
8 Burgess
9 Ballin
10 Lawrence
11 Buhrer
12 Lui
13 Mateo

14 Sene Lefao
15 Trbojevic
16 Lawrence
17 Sao

18 Symonds

Doesn't Lawrence possess one of the fastest first 40mtrs sprint in the club? Could be a trait that is very handy running second row. (Would have suggested Lock but Dunamis' form has been pretty good there and no need to shuffle what is working).

Really.... Like, from what I've seen.. He couldn't kick long or short, couldn't pass left or right, long or short, terrible hands, prone to give penaltys away , couldn't kick goals, couldn't kick field goals. Put it how you want but at the end of the day choc played the game hard with and without the ball, he played a very simple game aggressively , with a good motor..... That's it, and you don't think Lawrence could do the same.
If you want to look at the difference have a look how often choc went to ground. He had an uncanny ability to stay standing in tackles that was his value because a quick play the ball gets a set going. BJ though regularly gets dominated in tackles and has slow play the balls. Not too bad in a front rower but I don't think he can play second row. Choc was also a reasonable support runner

Had a bad game against parra, only made 26 meters. Avg under 100m last year too. Maybe bench or nswcup to gain some form. Mason is playing well and Burgess was good against dogs.

Last edited:
Burgess has so far earned his place in the side and if I were the coach I wouldn't be dropping him. Horo might be my first choice.

At full strength my pack would be:

Mason
Ballin
Lawrence
Mateo
Symonds
Buhrer

Res from - Starling, Burgess, Lui, Sene-Lefao, Trbojevic, Sao, Horo.

Burgess has so far earned his place in the side and if I were the coach I wouldn't be dropping him. Horo might be my first choice.

At full strength my pack would be:

Mason
Ballin
Lawrence
Mateo
Symonds
Buhrer

Res from - Starling, Burgess, Lui, Sene-Lefao, Trbojevic, Sao, Horo.
If you want to stick to your earned method. Burgess has earned his place in the starting line up and Lawrence has earned nothing yet

Good point. Nor has Starling earned a place yet.
The cheque book is out for us to sign quality halves and forwards with a bit of grunt and our forwards need to step up if they want to be part of our rebuilding plans . Halves don't want to play along side a piss weak pack Performance will need to be paramount from all of our forwards

Agreed and so far (other than the loss to the Speels) our pack has actually been good. Last week our forwards won a points decision over the Dogs pack which is probably rated as second only behind the Vermin. Unfortunately it was mistakes from the backline and poor goal kicking (missing the first two from where they were is unforgivable really. Even part-timers Skivy and DCE should have kicked those) that cost us the game. That and the refs missing the 1m forward pass to Perrett for a try.

I'd like to see BJ come back on the bench. I think his speed could be a great asset against tiring opposition.

8. Burgess
9. Ballin
10. Mason
11. Buhrer
12. Mateo
13. Lui

14. Lawrence
15. Trbojevic
16. Starling
17. Symonds

Sao next in line for mine. Love JSL's attitude, but he just can't seem to bend the line. Honorable mention to Leary, hope he eats his Weat-Bix and puts on another 5kgs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7