Where will Manly finish in 2024?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where will Manly finish in 2024?

• 1-4

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 5-8

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • 9-12

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 13-17

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hard to imagine a season opener could be so important, but I’m thinking its huge for us, we win the belief in the side and the process gets off to the right start.
I agree, it's vital. Nice for the squad to get a 'life experience' but get the win too, we need it!

In theory may be a good strategy to keep those 2, but are Fifita and Fainu ready to win a comp this year? Next year? If not we may find by the time they are elite (if ever) Manly can’t afford them, and they’ll be off to whichever club that will ‘be best for setting up their family’

I think Manly is doing a fair job of building a competitive squad using some spare parts and cast-offs. To take the final step, yes we’ll probably need one or two of the youngsters to hit the heights, or else make a marquee signing somehow.
Mmm you could say that about any young player that hits their straps so not really understanding the logic on this one? All young players could develop and be off elsewhere but they could also develop and stay? Haas is still in Brisbane?

It’s only opinion but I don’t think we are a chance to win the comp this year with our pack anyway so I kinda wish we’d kept the younger guys.

What do I know though? We could have kept them and battled for the spoon this year 😂

Mmm you could say that about any young player that hits their straps so not really understanding the logic on this one? All young players could develop and be off elsewhere but they could also develop and stay? Haas is still in Brisbane?

It’s only opinion but I don’t think we are a chance to win the comp this year with our pack anyway so I kinda wish we’d kept the younger guys.

What do I know though? We could have kept them and battled for the spoon this year 😂
Well reading some of your posts you know at least as much as anyone else!
Quick question - Sam & Latu Fainu reportedly were committed to being a package deal - and reported to be on $500k each this year. Do you think Manly should have matched that to keep them?

I'm saying 5–8, but hoping 1–4.

It depends on mostly being able to keep our best players on the park, especially he who must be named (at fullback @:D).

On the dais in 1987, Fatty said a Premiership winning side needs a lot of guts and determination. It also needs a fair amount of luck, especially with injuries. Hopefully we've had our fill of bad luck with those things for a while.

Getting of topic but not convinced Fifita kicks on to be a star.

23, yet to make grade at Manly or the Dragons....he'll play NRL for sure but don't think he'll develop into a player we'll miss.

Samuela though...

Well reading some of your posts you know at least as much as anyone else!
Quick question - Sam & Latu Fainu reportedly were committed to being a package deal - and reported to be on $500k each this year. Do you think Manly should have matched that to keep them?

I guess I’m kinda bummed because I know Sammy will be an elite middle forward (I think he’ll end up in the middle and not on an edge) in the game and just what we’re lacking; big, fast, skilful, and aggressive.

I really like the Brooks signing so the Latu situation is tough. If I was running the club, I would have cut Schuster loose, upgraded Sammy (extra 200k), signed Brooks (600k) and told Latu to hold out until DCE retires. Eventually, Latu and Brooks in halves and Sammy in the middle.

I don’t know if that math holds up in the cap 😁

Morning bozo

bellamys leadeship, and stability is what manly need. He made cronk, smith and slater in his mould. They were filthy when the lost , never accept excuses and all play the role they need to

those players , the succession plan, passing on of that knowledge and culture, that attitude We have none of that,
Good Evening feathered friend . I agree with your Bellamy Leadership perspective
Last year Bellamy lost 4 high profile Rep experienced forwards
Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich,
Felise Kaufusi,
Brandon Smith,
and his Marquee and Match Winning fullback Papenhuyzan for the majority of the season through injury and the Storm still not only made the top 8 but finished top 3 on the NRL Ladder

The Moral of the Great leadership story lies in this Quote
THE GREAT LEADERS ARE LIKE THE BEST CONDUCTORS
THEY REACH BEYOND THE NOTES TO INSPRE THE MAGIC IN THEIR PLAYERS
1708942603035.png

The formula for our success is complex. Whilst I like what I have seen of our pre season, they look fitter and their appears to be good comradery and we have better depth. Lodge and Brown need to stay healthy and in good form, because without them last year our pack was average. IMO many significantly underestimate the importance of the fear factor in the pack and Lodge brings plenty. Lodge and Big O would have most packs looking for them out of the corner of their eye when taking up the ball. IMO things won't improve greatly unless we have the winning edge. Its a mentality that rides on the back of still believing that your side is good enough to win event in the face of adversity, not giving up and wanting that win more than anything else. I think the most important impact Turbo has on the side now is that the players around him believe they are a better side with Tommy out there and when they run onto the filed with him they believe they are going to win. Turbo conducts the orchestra and without him we are as loose as a goose. Tommy is for us what Cooper Cronk was for the Roosters. If Tommy stays on the field I believe we can make the top 4. Without Tommy I reckon we finish 7th or 8th.

The formula for our success is complex. Whilst I like what I have seen of our pre season, they look fitter and their appears to be good comradery and we have better depth. Lodge and Brown need to stay healthy and in good form, because without them last year our pack was average. IMO many significantly underestimate the importance of the fear factor in the pack and Lodge brings plenty. Lodge and Big O would have most packs looking for them out of the corner of their eye when taking up the ball. IMO things won't improve greatly unless we have the winning edge. Its a mentality that rides on the back of still believing that your side is good enough to win event in the face of adversity, not giving up and wanting that win more than anything else. I think the most important impact Turbo has on the side now is that the players around him believe they are a better side with Tommy out there and when they run onto the filed with him they believe they are going to win. Turbo conducts the orchestra and without him we are as loose as a goose. Tommy is for us what Cooper Cronk was for the Roosters. If Tommy stays on the field I believe we can make the top 4. Without Tommy I reckon we finish 7th or 8th.

That said, I thought Koula was just as lethal as Turbo at fullback, so maybe our backup plan is much better now as well.

We only need to hold our own in the forwards for our classy speedy backs to get on top and bring it home for us.
If the injury gods keep injuries away, I'm thinking either 5th 4th or 3rd this season.

I guess I’m kinda bummed because I know Sammy will be an elite middle forward (I think he’ll end up in the middle and not on an edge) in the game and just what we’re lacking; big, fast, skilful, and aggressive.

I really like the Brooks signing so the Latu situation is tough. If I was running the club, I would have cut Schuster loose, upgraded Sammy (extra 200k), signed Brooks (600k) and told Latu to hold out until DCE retires. Eventually, Latu and Brooks in halves and Sammy in the middle.

I don’t know if that math holds up in the cap 😁
I think that would have been great, however with agents whispering in their ears about huge contracts elsewhere I doubt that could have happened in any scenario. And being told to wait when some club promises a starting spot ( which may or may not eventuate ) was never going to happen.

However I agree with you , be nice to have kept them and a pity to develop them but never get anything from them.

9-12
We will be good enough to cause the top sides some headaches but when the inevitable happens and we play the second half of the season with a makeshift fullback we will continue the trend of falling short by a couple of games

9-12
We will be good enough to cause the top sides some headaches but when the inevitable happens and we play the second half of the season with a makeshift fullback we will continue the trend of falling short by a couple of games

Our makeshift fullback issues are no more.

Koala is more than capable, as evidenced late last season.

Injuries are always contentious

but its the dudes coming back from injury holding the keys to our season
schuster, tommy, aioli,
the forgotten men of lawnton and brown
and the injured at the wrong time, paseka , burbo and lodge

I see paseka, aioli, lodge, sips, Jake, waddell, as plenty strong enough up front . but its fair to say we will struggle early Without a few
I always considered the lawman as a decent option to try at 13, he is scrappy, can defend, is clever, direct, but forgotten ability

maybe he is the dylan walker role, hopefully not a 9 replacement
The HUMPH did enough to be considered as 14

the whole team just needs belief really

just dont pick condon, looks pretty content to see out his reggies contract but plenty of energy around the edges of the squad otherwise. loved seeing some fresh faces in the trials

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8