Where will Manly finish in 2024?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where will Manly finish in 2024?

• 1-4

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 5-8

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • 9-12

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 13-17

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So would I. But I also think that's part of the problem with the club right now. If we do make the eight, the season will be considered a success. Is that a lofty goal? F**k, no. But we'll take it. We used to aim much higher, and expect much more.
making the 8 these days is Wooo Hooo , footy season is extended a week , instead of , just 3 more to the GF, like it had been written

Looking at the teams I don't think we are a show at the 8. We just don't have a decent forward pack. No enforcers, no tradesman like workers. Backs will have no room to work with without up front making decent meters.

Looking at the teams I don't think we are a show at the 8. We just don't have a decent forward pack. No enforcers, no tradesman like workers. Backs will have no room to work with without up front making decent meters.
I think we have a decent forward pack but we just lack a couple of really great players , not that we’d ever get them but just imagine if we added Flegler / Carrigan to the mix , we’d be definitely next level then.

What we can hope for is Paseka goes up a gear , AoA delivers what he’s being paid for, Sipley lifts , Burbo lifts to become a real quality edge back rower.

That’s not a lot to ask for and if it happens we’ll go ok.

Last edited:
I think we have a decent forward pack but we just lack a couple of really great players , not that we’d ever get them but just imagine if we added Flegler / Carrigan to the mix , we’d be definitely next level then.

What we can hope for is Paseka goes up a year , AoA delivers what he’s being paid for, Sipley lifts , Burbo lifts to become a real quality edge back rower.

I've seen enough of Paseka, Sipley and Aloiai to think they're not taking us to the necessary level. They're not in the league of Haas, Flegler, Fisher-Harris, Collins, JWH, Bromwich, Welch, Leniu.

I've seen enough of Paseka, Sipley and Aloiai to think they're not taking us to the necessary level. They're not in the league of Haas, Flegler, Fisher-Harris, Collins, JWH, Bromwich, Welch, Leniu.
Agree , I think Seibold has set his backs up , maybe 2025 he’ll concentrate on improving the forwards.

Agree , I think Seibold has set his backs up , maybe 2025 he’ll concentrate on improving the forwards.
We have to be a full strength. That means Lodge, Schuster and Sipley and all the forwards playing at their very best for much of the season to even consider top 8. Top 4 I think is next to no chance.

We have to be a full strength. That means Lodge, Schuster and Sipley and all the forwards playing at their very best for much of the season to even consider top 8. Top 4 I think is next to no chance.
And let’s face it forwards get injured so we aren’t going to have “ our best “ operating all year.

Let’s just hope that when we play the big guns a few of theirs are injured too

Our makeshift fullback issues are no more.

Koala is more than capable, as evidenced late last season.
Yea he played really well, my only issue with that is you don't get better and grow in a position unless your playing it constantly..
Koula playing well in the last few rounds last year, then training at centre, playing however long he plays this year at centre , then being forced to move to fullback again isn't going to make him a better fullback... And going into games without a regular fullback is a killer in this modern game

I think Paseka is underrrated by a lot of Manly fans.

Certainly in 23/24 he offers more than JWH and Bromwich.

I think many can overrate a big of aggro and bluster....kinda like how many were swooning over the average Hethrington.

And let’s face it forwards get injured so we aren’t going to have “ our best “ operating all year.
Good morning feathered friend , I like your lets face it forwards get injured facts

and the fact is we knew Lodge would be injured for the early rounds of the year
and what did we do ? We bulked our roster stock with a plethora of backs

Another Fact is the right or wrong decisions impacts on NRL seasons
We are all accountable for the decisions we make
and excuses are the path way to failure
1709066643293.png

I think Paseka is underrrated by a lot of Manly fans.

Certainly in 23/24 he offers more than JWH and Bromwich.

I think many can overrate a big of aggro and bluster....kinda like how many were swooning over the average Hethrington.

JWH and Bromwich are both clear leaders for their individual teams, but also internationally. They utilise aggression and bluster because they are leaders and demand a certain level of intensity from the players around them.

Has Paseka ever been in the mix for representative football? I'm unsure.

For you to compare, and even dare to suggest Paseka last season was better than both, is rather out there in my opinion.

Come on mate, are we still going to be doing this stuff? You love the club and players, we get it. Hey, maybe Lachlan Croker is better than Harry Grant! Corey Waddell better than Liam Martin, too !

What we can hope for is Paseka goes up a gear , AoA delivers what he’s being paid for, Sipley lifts , Burbo lifts to become a real quality edge back rower.

You forgot to add Lodge to the mix Mark, really think he'll give our fwd pack the up front grunt that's been missing for so long.

JWH and Bromwich are both clear leaders for their individual teams, but also internationally. They utilise aggression and bluster because they are leaders and demand a certain level of intensity from the players around them.

Has Paseka ever been in the mix for representative football? I'm unsure.

For you to compare, and even dare to suggest Paseka last season was better than both, is rather out there in my opinion.

Come on mate, are we still going to be doing this stuff? You love the club and players, we get it. Hey, maybe Lachlan Croker is better than Harry Grant! Corey Waddell better than Liam Martin, too !

Ha relax, its a difference in opinion.

Id argue passion is only clouding ones opinion.

JWH and Bromwich have clearly had better careers and have obviously played more rep football. At their peak, no doubt they walk all over Paseka

My comment was focused on performance in 2023 and moving forward to 2024.

Below are your season 23 stats. Paseka averages more metres, misses less tackles, busts a lot more tackles. He is nearly favourable in all categories bar...what, making two less tackles a game or making 0.2 of a metres less per run that Brom.

JWH

18 games
120m per game
27 tackles per game
47 missed tackles
8.8m averaged per run
14 tackle busts
0 line breaks
2 line break assists
1 try assist
0 tries
4 offloads

Bromwich

21 games
98m per game
27 tackles per game
48 missed tackles
9.96m averaged per run
16 tackle busts
1 line break
1 line break assist
1 try assist
1 try
18 offloads

Paseka

18 games
138m per game
25 tackles per game
36 missed tackles
9.7m averaged per run
33 tackle busts
2 line breaks
2 line break assists
1 try assist
0 trys
18 offloads

Now if you want to talk about some intangibles like "intimidation factor" or "leadership" sure but Id even argue at the Roosters Collins is now leader of that pack.

Anyway, I'm not here to call your opinions "out there" just my opinion people underate Paseka cause he doesnt beat his chest. He is actually highly effective and in my view was more effective IN 2023 than JWH and Brom.

Oh and as for the hyperbole and just so it doesnt become a narrative. I personally think Jacob Liddle is better than Croker let alone Grant and I was never a Waddell fan when he was with us but can cop him as a plug and play squad option on a one year deal that occasionally pops up on our bench.

If he is a fixture it is a worry.

Ha relax, its a difference in opinion.

Id argue passion is only clouding ones opinion.

JWH and Bromwich have clearly had better careers and have obviously played more rep football. At their peak, no doubt they walk all over Paseka

My comment was focused on performance in 2023 and moving forward to 2024.

Below are your season 23 stats. Paseka averages more metres, misses less tackles, busts a lot more tackles. He is nearly favourable in all categories bar...what, making two less tackles a game or making 0.2 of a metres less per run that Brom.

JWH

18 games
120m per game
27 tackles per game
47 missed tackles
8.8m averaged per run
14 tackle busts
0 line breaks
2 line break assists
1 try assist
0 tries
4 offloads

Bromwich

21 games
98m per game
27 tackles per game
48 missed tackles
9.96m averaged per run
16 tackle busts
1 line break
1 line break assist
1 try assist
1 try
18 offloads

Paseka

18 games
138m per game
25 tackles per game
36 missed tackles
9.7m averaged per run
33 tackle busts
2 line breaks
2 line break assists
1 try assist
0 trys
18 offloads

Now if you want to talk about some intangibles like "intimidation factor" or "leadership" sure but Id even argue at the Roosters Collins is now leader of that pack.

Anyway, I'm not here to call your opinions "out there" just my opinion people underate Paseka cause he doesnt beat his chest. He is actually highly effective and in my view was more effective IN 2023 than JWH and Brom.

Oh and as for the hyperbole and just so it doesnt become a narrative. I personally think Jacob Liddle is better than Croker let alone Grant and I was never a Waddell fan when he was with us but can cop him as a plug and play squad option on a one year deal that occasionally pops up on our bench.

If he is a fixture it is a worry.
The one area he needs to work on is errors. JWH and Bromwich had 3 each and Tent had 14.

I'm obviously a bit more optimistic than most on here as I think all going well, we're a top 4 side. By well I mean what has already been discussed such as few injuries, a couple of key forwards going to the next level, but I think that's not wildly unrealistic. Even with some injuries in I think we have better depth than previous years and could still contend for the top 8.

I'm obviously a bit more optimistic than most on here as I think all going well, we're a top 4 side. By well I mean what has already been discussed such as few injuries, a couple of key forwards going to the next level, but I think that's not wildly unrealistic. Even with some injuries in I think we have better depth than previous years and could still contend for the top 8.
Yep , as I’ve said earlier , we need AoA to bring his best game each game . We also need Burbo to keep developing , and I think he has ( and will ).

Sipley needs to step up a little and get some of that crap out of his game as he’s a marked man now.

Croker is as good as he’s going to get , needs a rest and a dynamo to come on for 20 minutes , Humphreys , seems Gordie is on the outer , not sure Lawton is the future.

Jake is Jake , Big O is Big O

Schuster ????

Bullemor did great last year , will improve

Lodge , depending on how he comes back from injury should add a lot.

Waddell , fill in only

We really only need a few to improve , I didn’t mention Paseka I think he’s ready there.

It’s not a stretch to think top 4, but more likely is top 8.

Yep , as I’ve said earlier , we need AoA to bring his best game each game . We also need Burbo to keep developing , and I think he has ( and will ).

Sipley needs to step up a little and get some of that crap out of his game as he’s a marked man now.

Croker is as good as he’s going to get , needs a rest and a dynamo to come on for 20 minutes , Humphreys , seems Gordie is on the outer , not sure Lawton is the future.

Jake is Jake , Big O is Big O

Schuster ????

Bullemor did great last year , will improve

Lodge , depending on how he comes back from injury should add a lot.

Waddell , fill in only

We really only need a few to improve , I didn’t mention Paseka I think he’s ready there.

It’s not a stretch to think top 4, but more likely is top 8.
You forgot to mention the Woods factor :giggle:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8