Where Will Mighty Manly Finish Next Season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Where Will Mighty Manly Finish Next Season

• Wooden Spoon

Votes: 8 12.9%
  • 15th

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • 14th

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • 13th

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • 12th to 9th

Votes: 22 35.5%
  • 0 pts due to another Greenburg driven scandal

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • We played our final season this year

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Premiers

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Top four

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finals bound

Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good stats. Thanks. Where does 2018 rank in tries conceded? Have to be top 5?

Almost! It would need to be checked more thoroughly but I believe 2018 is in 6th place. 4 of the top 5 happened in consecutive seasons that we were in the comp

1) 2003
2) 2004
3) 1953
4) 2005
5) 1999

But for a bit of positivity, the regular season achievements of the 1995 and 1996 teams are two that I’m most proud of.

1995 saw the team in win 20/22 games and they had to beat the Canberra that season for first position, who also won 20/22 of their games. 1996 saw thw team concede only 32 tries in 22 games. Simply unbelievable

As long as we don't finish anywhere near this joint I'll be happy..

a1a7f396241dae9401eff46a31e86ff3.jpeg

Almost! It would need to be checked more thoroughly but I believe 2018 is in 6th place. 4 of the top 5 happened in consecutive seasons that we were in the comp

1) 2003
2) 2004
3) 1953
4) 2005
5) 1999

But for a bit of positivity, the regular season achievements of the 1995 and 1996 teams are two that I’m most proud of.

1995 saw the team in win 20/22 games and they had to beat the Canberra that season for first position, who also won 20/22 of their games. 1996 saw thw team concede only 32 tries in 22 games. Simply unbelievable
Yeah, I loved watching that team play. To concede only 32 tries is unbelievable and they could score them as well.

If it's Carty. It's hard to see much growth.

Actually I think a bigger factor is our recruitment, if we can add some wingers and a few forwards who are no nonsense tackling machines AND we can keep most of the squad without major injuries I think we’ll go ok, even with Cartwrong!

• 🤝
Reactions: mbe
Actually I think a bigger factor is our recruitment, if we can add some wingers and a few forwards who are no nonsense tackling machines AND we can keep most of the squad without major injuries I think we’ll go ok, even with Cartwrong!
We also had issues in the centres as far as defence goes . We got burned for pace out wide as well and this was as obvious as dogs balls on a mad Monday .
The biggest factor was that our coach was not able to address those defensive issues , Our coach was also not able to get our capable squad play consistent quality footy .
The game plan ? What game plan ? All Trent was capable of was to organise the office furniture and clean the Gym . He claimed no accountability for nothing else .
Last but not least we lacked resilience and this would have been because of all the mushy love stuff that Trent developed in our culture
The moral of the story ,,,
Its not what playing squad a coach gets . It is what he gets out of it .
Before we start Cartwronging and predicting the end of the world lets see what happens next season .

We also had issues in the centres as far as defence goes . We got burned for pace out wide as well and this was as obvious as dogs balls on a mad Monday .
The biggest factor was that our coach was not able to address those defensive issues , Our coach was also not able to get our capable squad play consistent quality footy .
The game plan ? What game plan ? All Trent was capable of was to organise the office furniture and clean the Gym . He claimed no accountability for nothing else .
Last but not least we lacked resilience and this would have been because of all the mushy love stuff that Trent developed in our culture
The moral of the story ,,,
Its not what playing squad a coach gets . It is what he gets out of it .
Before we start Cartwronging and predicting the end of the world lets see what happens next season .
In my comment I’m looking forward and not thinking Twenty will be there, so recruitment is in fact an important part of the equation ( for 2019).

I'd like to see Jayden Anderson get s run at wing but one person I'd like to buy as a cheapish option is Brayden Burns from Souths.

Young, tall, seems fast and can play wing or centre and maybe fullback. Hes stuck behind a pretty settled Souths backline and only getting a go with injuries. He may be willing to move for a first grade spot and he's impressed the times he has been given a go this year.

As we probably can't afford top line players, we'll need to identify good ones looking for an opportunity.

Another tough forward who loves to tackle would be handy...again, someone who's in reserves looking for a spot. Seumanafagai comes to mind. Big, experienced and seems tough. Can't break into the sharks top side. He might be looking for an opportunity.

As much as I'd like to buy the cream of the crop (Tevita Pantai Jnr) we won't be able to lash out for another year or 2... have to spend wisely to manage this squad.

If Manly can keep their players on the field and not suffer the injury toll we copped in three of the past four seasons, and if we retain the players we have with a few worthy additions I think we'll finish 6th to 8th. We lost a lot of close games this year and we have some youngsters who will be better next year. Add to that the impact of Elgey. We've desperately needed a ball player in the side. He should light up our backline again which I'm hoping with be T.T. Anderson, Kelly, Walker, Suli, Taufua or T.Wright, Elgey and DCE. That's a good backline. Hopefully we'll also have a mature coach with a strategic mind, and someone to fix that defence. And I'll go one step further. If the football gods are good to us and these players play to their potential, we could have a chance of getting into the four. The squad we've got is far better than its position this year.

Last edited:
The good old Lurker has cast his vote

I can see Roosters v Cronulla…. who meet this weekend… facing off again in the big one. Parra to lift in 2019, as will the Raiders. Manly to go one place worse!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12