Where would this team be if....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

TagMonster

Reserve Grader
Where would this team be if Des was our coach?

Serious question. Look at our team on paper. We are Top 8 and possible Top 4 on paper. So it stands to reason that with good coaching we would be able to be in the finals this year. So who honestly thinks that is going to happen in 2017?

If you said no, then by that reasoning we don't have good coaching. Seems pretty straight forward. Trent has been in my humble opinion a failure at Manly. He is not a head coach, yet. He may come good in a couple of years, but he was given the top job to early in his career. He likely needed another 3-5 years working under a top coach before he could truly understand. He also faces the challenge of coaching players that he player with and against.

So that brings me to my question. Where would this team be if we had Des (or similar top tier coach) at the helm rather than Trent??

No difference IMO, still 0/2.

De$ isn't the Messiah, he can only work with what he has and to be honest we've got a few stars , some good toilers, a bunch of journeymen , and some absolute garbage.

Even God wouldn't have made much difference, and sorry not you @God

Last edited:
i just dont see how anyone thinks were a top 4 team on paper...

on paper we have top talent (even if some are under performing or always getting suspended) in
*turbos x2
*dce
*walker
*taupau
*lussick (based on last years games)

then we have average footballers and rookies who COULD be somthing later on
*tafua
*kelly
*lawrence
*cullen
*hastings
*afb
and useless/ discards/blow ins
*uate
*brown
*api
*myles
*winterstein
*wrights x2
*green
*perrett
*kennedy
*lane

special mention for an untested coach, and a failed coash as assistant
with grandpa pulling the reigns

thats not a top 4 team... its not a top 8 team...
its a 10 -15 team on paper....

on the field they are currently a 15-16 team

1 from 2
Not big on Des since 2011
I did always appreciate how Hasler gave an honest appraisal of performance...he was very direct without needing to iscolate players in public...they would simply be out of next weeks squad....
He defended his team rightfully when copped crap calls ect....but if the attitude was down, regardless of the win/loss - made it clear this would be addressed...accountability that seems to be missing today.

Serious question. Look at our team on paper. We are Top 8 and possible Top 4 on paper. So it stands to reason that with good coaching we would be able to be in the finals this year. So who honestly thinks that is going to happen in 2017?

If you said no, then by that reasoning we don't have good coaching. Seems pretty straight forward. Trent has been in my humble opinion a failure at Manly. He is not a head coach, yet. He may come good in a couple of years, but he was given the top job to early in his career. He likely needed another 3-5 years working under a top coach before he could truly understand. He also faces the challenge of coaching players that he player with and against.

So that brings me to my question. Where would this team be if we had Des (or similar top tier coach) at the helm rather than Trent??
A more accurate question would be: How many of the recent recruitment and retention decisions would DESpicable have allowed? If DESpicable was here the team would have a completely different look to it, and I dare say it would have a more Manly mindset. It is very hard to believe that all bar a few of the current team have fully bought into the Manly 'culture' of never giving up and making Brookie a Fortress.

i just dont see how anyone thinks were a top 4 team on paper...

on paper we have top talent (even if some are under performing or always getting suspended) in
*turbos x2
*dce
*walker
*taupau
*lussick (based on last years games)

then we have average footballers and rookies who COULD be somthing later on
*tafua
*kelly
*lawrence
*cullen
*hastings
*afb
and useless/ discards/blow ins
*uate
*brown
*api
*myles
*winterstein
*wrights x2
*green
*perrett
*kennedy
*lane

special mention for an untested coach, and a failed coash as assistant
with grandpa pulling the reigns

thats not a top 4 team... its not a top 8 team...
its a 10 -15 team on paper....

on the field they are currently a 15-16 team

i don't agree with all that, I think Uate has proved to have been a good buy as has Kelly , Lane is injured so that is a pretty hard call on him ... imho

i don't agree with all that, I think Uate has proved to have been a good buy as has Kelly , Lane is injured so that is a pretty hard call on him ... imho
well uate is technically a discard seeing how the knights refused to play him in firsts and let him go with a yr to play on his contract.. but he has been decent so far i agree....
kelly comes under the rookie that could turn out good so i think thats accurate, and lane... well, for now i got him as a blow in lol.... maybe by the end of the season uate and kelly will be superstars, but i think so far its a fair assessment of them, and i think theve both played well so far..

paper looking is fine but in reality Des hasn't faired well when a few have been missing, we had 7 missing last week.

As I have said, Clive Churchill couldn't coach this team.

It's the worst roster in the nrl, possible exception is Newcastle.

Anyone who even suggests this roster is anywhere near Broncs, Cowboys, Roosters,Storm, Sharks, or Panthers is delusional.

Last edited:
No difference IMO, still 0/2.

De$ isn't the Messiah, he can only work with what he has and to be honest we've got a few stars , some good toilers, a bunch of journeymen , and some absolute garbage.

Even God wouldn't have made much difference, and sorry not you @God

Hey the Messiah mantle goes to the LAMA - Dalai LAMA.

Well the slime faithful seem to worship him

:rofl:@:blush:@:blush:@:blush:@:blush:@:blush::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Lama.jpg

As I have said, Clive Churchill couldn't coach this team.

It's the worst roster in the nrl, possible exception is Newcastle.

Anyone who even suggests this roster is anywhere near Broncs, Cowboys, Roosters,Storm, Sharks, or Panthers is delusional.

Newcastle have some good up and coming talent.

2 of our up and coming talented youngsters have to fill the void of being experienced superstars before their time....No pressure Manly

Where would this team be,

Turbo
Will hoppate
Hiku
Whare
Uate
Foran
DCE
Buhrer
Turbo
Kapow
Afb