Where would Trent go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Seriously though, does anyone else think this apparent decision to retain Barrett until mid-2019 is fraught with danger?

I said elsewhere that I believe they’re trying to force him to leave, rather than place himself in an untenable position. But what if he decides to continue talking to Wembley Stadium Head over at Penrith, who in turn leaks titbits to the media? Or if some of the players suffer from a sense of divided loyalty?

It’s going to take some deft leadership and management skills to navigate a course through this one.

Last edited:
Seriously though, does anyone else think this apparent decision to retain Barrett until mid-2019 is fraught with danger?

I said elsewhere that I believe they’re trying to force him to leave, rather than place himself in an untenable position. But what if he decides to continue talking to Wembley Stadium Head over at Penrith, who in turn leaks titbits to the media? Or if some the players suffer from a sense of divided loyalty?

It’s going to take some deft leadership and management skills to navigate a course through this one.
Did ever get out to any of the Zarsoff Brothers gigs Terry?

Vogue, The Bachelor, any number of early morning vacuous talk show panels. The World is full of opportunities for someone with hair that good.

If deft leadership and management skill is what's needed, we're well and truly rooted.
Maybe they're hoping the indignity of sitting on the sidelines in the fold-out chair he's brought from home while Des handles the coaching duties in the box will be too much for Trent to stand. But we're talking about a bloke who could only muster a dull stare when Nathan Brown slapped him across the chops on live TV. Indignity is nothing new to him.

A number of posters seem convinced that Trent has a job lined up, but I can't figure where that might be.
How many teams are going to want a failed head coach who is (probably legitimately but not necessarily a good look) holding a club to ransom?
Interested in any speculation. Name the club and the reasons they'd want him.
Ta!
My preference is that Trent goes to hell and burns there

My preference is that Trent goes to hell and burns there

Its against the grain I know, but as long as Trent Fks off does not cause any more damage than he has, I really do think he makes a very good assistant coach, He has all the attributes to be one that has been highlighted by the Trent backers such as rapport with the playing group and individual performance, I just I think those attributes are better for an assistant not Head Coach.

If it turns out he assists for the Hellfire Devils and can take the heat, all the better....

A deleted post referenced a personal call from Lyall saying Trent was given the head coaching roll at Penrith in June. He resigned from Manly and then the Panthers pulled the offer.

He has nowhere to go and he is attempting to save face by using a lack of facilities as an excuse for resigning.

Hes going nowhere. The truth is - Pentrith (Phil Gould) shat all over him.

I said elsewhere that I believe they’re trying to force him to leave, rather than place himself in an untenable position. But what if he decides to continue talking to Wembley Stadium Head over at Penrith, who in turn leaks titbits to the media? Or if some of the players suffer from a sense of divided loyalty?

Penn doesn’t want to gift him a payout after bad mouthing the club and potentially double dipping. I support Penns stance.

I see Trent as a video coach crossing live from Nauru for a regular midnight to dawn public llive stream.

Well if Barrett is found to be doing any of that he will forfeit his pay and be fired.. simple

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10