Which props do we let go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmm well who's contracts are up after this year?

Lui
Sao
Hasson
Mason
Vave
Andrews
Baker

That leaves definately in our team.

Starling
Lawrence
Trobjevic
Myles
Lussick
Burgess
Mason (I thought he had resigned)

Lui (Has been the best performer Ist guy I'd keep)
Sao (Has age on his side. For his age he is a good size, he only going to get better the older and more experience he gets. We probably picked him up to young, but may be that was deliberate. We broke the 23 year rule to sign him.)
Vave (I reckon the club will let him go, but he was awesome last year. Depending on his attitude I'd be giving him a contract. The Reserves don't have enough size in years gone bye. He has a demonstrated ability at dominating at NRL level with the Sharkes last year. Rather than hoping someone comes up to scratch, get his Giant in the right head space.)

Hasson, (Not a prop at nrl level) Second row may be.
Andrews (Not a prop at nrl level) Second row may be.

Our forwards are the worst in the NRL for metres gained and this is a concern

I'd be keeping Sao, has dine everything asked of him this year. If we let him go, it will come back to bite us....

Listening to him on Fox tonight he hasn't been signed and doesn't know where he stands. He says he would love to stay for one more yr
The good thing with Mase is that his monies are miniscule, he just wants to be in Sydney to be able to extend his Media career and Speaker Roles. He has great value for Manly off the field with all the young bucks :)

I think now that Manly got their Roster anchored with Chez, other deals will just roll off the table and we should have more signing news.@:cool:

chee-kam was apparently going to be pretty good.

He has had some injuries which has kept him our for ages.

Has he the potential to still be very good or time to let him go.

If we let him go....does he become amazing when playing uninjured?

Guess I'm asking....thoughts on chee-kam?

edit: Is this even in the right thread?

Last edited:
plenty will disagree but Mason is a player I hope we give one more year.. A bit like beaver in 08 that old bloke on the bench in the grand final is in valuable. N Masons real benefit to this club isn't just what he does on the field.

Chee Kam missed his chance at the club for mine. to many back rowers in front of him.

Some props have to go but before we start sacking all of Em. Wouldn't it be nice to have Some depth with our big men then always being a couple short.

Big Willie boss man. Offer him a second tier contract if need be. But certainly think he has been one of our better performers this year.

Come on Mr Penn. You know you love having a Big Willie around, and he isn't old but rather just a really really big kid.

Realistically Myles,Jake, Lawrence, Burgess & Starling are the only front rowers available at this stage
Lussick could be there also but is just as effective in the backrow.
Vave, Baker & Andrews are not really options at this stage as they have failed to be NRL options at Manly after not making it at other clubs & Hasson is another on that list.
Jesse & Addison are more backrowers imo attacking the edges, Addison in the limited games I have seen him, has massive potential & is another keeper.
Jake must start imo & play 60 mins - he is really the best climatised to the modern game with his tackling technique & ability to win the play the ball in attack & is the future leader of the Manly pack.
Big Willie - been decent, but prefer to move on with some hungry youth now that Myles is there to add that necessary experience.
Agree with every point Maxta made, including Sao.

Global Eagle, imo Chee Kam has had plenty of time to show what he's got. Regardless of injuries and whether he may or may not come good next season, I think it's time he moved on.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2