Who ate the pies?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
KOMORI said:
Shoe1 said:
I think it's the "v" jersey, it made the guys look bigger. Any chick'll tell you that stripes are slimming. Go ask your girlfriend or wife. Either that or they're paying tribute to Artie.

I always thought it was vertical stripes that were slimming, not horizontals.....

According to my wife you're right. :0) I learnt something today...

Kiwi Eagle said:
Couldn't give a f**k what he looks like, could be 230kg for all I care, as long as he performs well

Some people prefer the robotic physique of all footy players looking the same though it seems

Still waiting.

Can't have watched a lot of manly games the past few years then

nodd said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Couldn't give a f**k what he looks like, could be 230kg for all I care, as long as he performs well

Some people prefer the robotic physique of all footy players looking the same though it seems

Still waiting.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Can't have watched a lot of manly games the past few years then

nodd said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Still waiting.

Maybe a prominent pie manufacturer should nominate as our official sponsor? Seems apt to me...

George Rose got a lot of grief from the Southstand for his gut haha. Every time he got the ball you could hear a few thousand people chanting "you fat b******" at him.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Mate when he is on the bench for the NSW cup side (and they have to get a forklift in to lift him off that bench) you might think differently.

He's never going be the atypical forward prototype but his usefulness reduces with every kilo gained.

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Mate when he is on the bench for the NSW cup side (and they have to get a forklift in to lift him off that bench) you might think differently.

He's never going be the atypical forward prototype but his usefulness reduces with every kilo gained.

Don't agree with that 1 bit tbh. Every kilo on him can also put a touch more force into his runs,and make him a bit harder to stop, can go either way

Performance is what he should be viewed on, not a perception of his performance based on what he looks like

Georgie is a cult hero and everyone loves him, but we need to take off the rose tinted and accept that sir is disgraceful. I cannot think of a fatter specimen in Australian sport. . . .

Kiwi Eagle said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Don't agree with that 1 bit tbh. Every kilo on him can also put a touch more force into his runs,and make him a bit harder to stop, can go either way

Performance is what he should be viewed on, not a perception of his performance based on what he looks like

Mate he should be a superstar when he hits 200kg's. Hope your right.

I look at it a little differently.
Its thanks to Georges size that it regularly takes 4-5 players to tackle him, each time he carts the ball up.

Oh well under everyone's theory Toovey must have been weak and pathetic due to him being so small. Get a grip you idiots. If he makes the metres who cares if he is a 240kg 80 year old. Body shape is irrelevant.

Not to mention he is one of the strongest nrl players.

Hollywood Harrigan said:
George Rose got a lot of grief from the Southstand for his gut haha. Every time he got the ball you could hear a few thousand people chanting "you fat b******" at him.

Last time I was in Headingly they were saying the same about Shane Warne. And a lot more besides. Started off covering the kids ears. Ended up they covered mine.

Leeds fans are pretty notorious in all codes.
They all look pretty 'early season' physique wise: heaps of strength conditioining and not enough gametime yet.

Georgie: make yards, surprise with your turn of pace, and cover the middle of the ruck, and tell the skinny bastards to look on your voluminous magnificence and despair.

George is fat - that's news to me. King's upper body looked big to me. Not sure if it was fat or just beefed up a little more in the gym.

Masked Eagle said:
People aren't seriously suggesting George Rose hasn't been good value on the field are they????

Great value, both on and off the field. He loves Manly, and thats what I like most about him and King and Watmough.

I reckon if they put him in a jersey that fitted, instead of one 2 sizes too small, he would look heaps better.

I tried on one those new chevron jerseys in Mick Simmons last week and I reckon they are half a sizer smaller than last years premiers jersey.

Some of you are unbeleivable, this bloke won us a gf last year. And not only that he re-signed without bull**** and probably on low cash. Give him a break i hope hes not reading this. If you wanna bag out people go over to the kennel and start on that mob and dont be so ungrateful. When i was 115 kgs i played so much better than when i dropped to 90kgs its all about inertia and as long as you have the motor and your not sluggish it doesnt matter. I also think the jerseys were tighter than normal.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4