Who cares about Jamie Lyon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mind you , if you where opposition front rower, who would you rather try and stop ? Jason King or Lyon!

bell and lyons to the second row

matai to stay in the centres with steppa

Cuthbo to wing to cover steppa

too easy guys

Beaver to 5/8 its about time, he has never played there, about time he pulled his finger out, he never contributes

Have you been snorting the white line buddy? Thats the most retarded thing i've heard in a while.

Gotsy, Matai is crap, can't tackle and wont pass the ball. Look at the way he comes out of the line leaving his wing man exposed. He does it every game, often. Look at the newcastle try last week. Johns threw it wide, Matai was missing and they scored. If he won't/can't tackle why waste him in the forwards. OK when he has made the mistake he goes in hard attempting to redeem himself, invariably giving away penalties. He scores the occasional try but to me he's not up to it. Better on sold, maybe souths would be interested

DSM5, Matai has played what, 20 games. He is a rookie,and bloody raw at that. The coach should be ironing out any deficencies in regards to keeping him in the line, which needs to be done. He can tackle, just ask some of the forwards he has planted this season, Carroll being the last example. Off loading him now would be a massive mistake for our club. For a young bloke coming through, he has done some bloody good things for us, you can visibly see him putting in every week which is more than can be said for the others, and as a relative rookie, you still get the bad, rookie mistakes from him, which you get from every player. Give him some good coaching, the right game plan, and he will be a damn good player with time

Gotsy, i like Matai too, but moving lyon to keep him in the centres is ludicris. He would make a good winger, and if anyone moved to the 2nd row, then it would be Matai, he has the raw skills required to do it

Bottom line is, if Burns is your 6, Lyon and Bell are your centres

DSM5 said:
Gotsy, Matai is crap, can't tackle and wont pass the ball. Look at the way he comes out of the line leaving his wing man exposed. He does it every game, often. Look at the newcastle try last week. Johns threw it wide, Matai was missing and they scored. If he won't/can't tackle why waste him in the forwards. OK when he has made the mistake he goes in hard attempting to redeem himself, invariably giving away penalties. He scores the occasional try but to me he's not up to it. Better on sold, maybe souths would be interested

Lol

2006? Have we all been around for that long whinging and whining? Matai back in 2006 was rubbish. He's markedly improved since that year. Maybe he's been looking at my posts and adjusted his game. I liked the stuff about Lyon. Without him around I would have it that we wouldn't have won the two GF since.

Without Jamie we would have never made it or won any premierships. Simple as that when he appeared the fortunes changed. With snake going and hoppa lost dont think our backline will ever be the same again. Jamie should be with us till his farewell.

Terry-Randal said:
Without Jamie we would have never made it or won any premierships. Simple as that when he appeared the fortunes changed. With snake going and hoppa lost dont think our backline will ever be the same again. Jamie should be with us till his farewell.

Jamie was a huge part of our premiership wins. Absolute champion and i also hope he stays with is until he retires.

In a old thread I posted back when Des Hasler was still Manly's coach, I said that I believed Des had made the right decision when he assigned Lyon to do the goal kicking. Even though he might miss the odd one, he still kicks them everytime. I still stand by what I said in that thread. Remember that try saving tackle he made on one of the Broncos players in the preliminary final last year? Or was it in the qualifying final against one of the Cowboys players? Anyway, which ever match it was, he's a great goal kicker and I love the way he made that try saving tackle.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8