Who gets the vacant backrow spot?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Ok, so Jake and big Marty will get lock and one backrow spot - who gets the other backrow spot? We have been debating centre; however, this is up in the air as well.

Sironen, Lane, Hoppa, Myles, Brown, Winterstein, Bainbridge, Kennedy? Sironen for a bit of ball playing maybe?

Yup I'd like to think Sironen, if not then it's between lane (who's looked impressive in photos), Meehan and Hoppa

Yep Sirro to start with young Hoppa as a Smokey....Lane is a must off the bench in the backrow - I reckon he will cause massive headaches on the edges....and though its a bit optimistic, have a feeling some of these Blacktown players could feature ....definately some stars will be born through this merger - there's 1 particular ball playing backrower from Eels who has those natural footy skills you can't coach.

I think Siro will be given the first crack. Don't be surprised if they play Hoppa in the centres. He has the ability to be another Matai tough , hard to stop and good tackler.

If a couple of the following impress, Lane, Sironen, Winterstein et al, don't be surprised to see two of them in the 2nd row and Kapow in the front row.
Considering we dont know what is happening with BJ and Myles won't be a force in the front row, what do you think of the following front row rotation:
Lussick
AFB
Meehan
Jake T
Kapow
Still have solid options for the second row:
Siro
Lane
Hoppa
Winterstein
Bainbridge
I think Jake should do one more year at lock but then I'd like to see him move into the middle as a long mins prop...

Considering we dont know what is happening with BJ and Myles won't be a force in the front row, what do you think of the following front row rotation:
Lussick
AFB
Meehan
Jake T
Kapow
Still have solid options for the second row:
Siro
Lane
Hoppa
Winterstein
Bainbridge
I think Jake should do one more year at lock but then I'd like to see him move into the middle as a long mins prop...

If you consider it likely that at least 1 possibly 2 props will be unavailable each week due to injury or suspension, we will need all the props including Myles and Lawrence to have 4/5 good ones on any given day.

I think the plan is to get 2 good 2nd rowers out of Winterstein, Lane, Sironen, Hoppa etc so that Kapow can move to front row. If that happens we will have a formidable pack.

I think you are correct, Jake is best suited to lock, until he naturally puts on a few more kg's. Also at lock he can play the 80mins as opposed to being rotated at prop. Every minute he is on the field is a bonus.

If you consider it likely that at least 1 possibly 2 props will be unavailable each week due to injury or suspension, we will need all the props including Myles and Lawrence to have 4/5 good ones on any given day.

I think the plan is to get 2 good 2nd rowers out of Winterstein, Lane, Sironen, Hoppa etc so that Kapow can move to front row. If that happens we will have a formidable pack.

I think you are correct, Jake is best suited to lock, until he naturally puts on a few more kg's. Also at lock he can play the 80mins as opposed to being rotated at prop. Every minute he is on the field is a bonus.
Nowadays lock and prop are the same thing.

Nowadays lock and prop are the same thing.
Kind of, but your front rowers will generally target the A defenders and make the tough hit ups....the lock will often engage the edges and ball play that bit wider....apart from Dogs who add variation with front rowers often playing first and second reciever.
Locks will also rove more defensively to clog gaps around the ruck, while props are generally first defenders either side of the play the ball.

Ok, so Jake and big Marty will get lock and one backrow spot - who gets the other backrow spot? We have been debating centre; however, this is up in the air as well.

Sironen, Lane, Hoppa, Myles, Brown, Winterstein, Bainbridge, Kennedy? Sironen for a bit of ball playing maybe?
Pjayz Bartlett may well put Jake and Marty at prop leaving the back row wide open :0)

Brown and Myles I wouldn't consider them:
Sironen and Taupau 2nd rowers . Jake T at lock.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8