Who is worse Hadley or Lewis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is a worse commentator

• Ray Hadley

Votes: 22 68.8%
  • Wally Lewis

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
Lord Eagleton said:
globaleagle said:
The things a lot of these guys say before they are on....I should do a list.

I work in the tv industry and hear the clean feeds for all these games, both Fox and TCN. A couple of months ago i heard Rabbits Warren start singing during pre-game checks. Its quite amusing listening to the different commentators of different sports. You're basically eavesdropping on them during their 'normal' time. Fittler and Joey Johns are deadset Dumb and Dumber (off air as well as on air). Im sure Fittler has ADD. He's one slice short of a loaf.

Yup, I think that's what I get some of. The penriff game rabs was saying things like "where's gus? I'm left here with the 2 space cadets. Maybe we should say gus hasn't been stood for disciplinary reasons (ala idris)"

-repeated about 5 times.

At one time I wanted to work in the tv industry.

Watching an online pirate broadcast of last Monday nights game was interesting as they kept the live feed going during half time. Listening to Brandy and Warren Smith when they aren't talking to the TV audience is interesting.

I think the first thing I heard during half time was Smith saying something like "6-0, what is going on out there?" They seemed genuinely shocked at the way we were playing at home against the Knights. Brandy even questioned what our players were thinking about because it didn't seem to be about trying to beat Newcastle.

Tim Gilbert is actually worse than Hadley IMO. I don't like Hadley very much and he may commentate like we can't see what's going on (i.e. like he's on the radio), but at least he gets most of what he calls correct and he doesn't show bias towards any one team like some of his co-commentators (though it'll be interesting hearing him during a Raiders game.....). Gilbert on the other hand is just useless.

One thing I wish Nein would stop doing is continual plugs for their other shows. I get sick of during games hearing Rabs continually plugging shows like "The Voice". Actually, I think he tires of it too. IIRC early last season at one point he openly asked when NRL broadcasts were going to get the plugs during those shows that they are given during game telecasts.

I listened to the live call on triple M.

Imagine...

Gordon Tallis
Wendell Sailor
Bill Harrigan

Dan Ginnane( who is ok and is actually a great RL caller and pretty level headed)

I nearly threw up about 5 times. Was appalling.

[/quote]

Gilbert....more like dilbert! amirite???? lol sigh.

[/quote]

I hear you!! I think Tim Gilbert is pathetic, and he's just ruined the Sunday Roast....bring back Voss, Gus, MG and TK. Whilst I agree TK is a tool, Voss and the others controlled him a bit. Tim Gilbert obviously can't stand TK and the animosity between them is palpable.

Gilbert and Rabbits look really seedy and jabber on to hear their own voices :dodgy:

The Fox Warren Smith and Andrew Voss are the only callers that commentate the game, and not spruik.

Tim Gilbert is the worst of the lot of them by the length of the straight. I would take Rabbs, Hadley and Voss commentating simultaneously ahead of Gilbert.

Adam Macdougall
Michael Slater (the fact he goes for Manly is the only thing in his favour)
Bryan Fletcher

They annoy the **** out of me and have no place on television.

I still question why Slater, an international cricketer who probably hasn't played a competitive game of league since his late teens or early 20's, is the co-host of a weekly rugby league based show.

Nein seem to have an annoying habit of using their NRL programming to promote just about everything of theirs other than league. But they very rarely, if ever, use their on-air NRL personalities on any other shows other than the Today Show.

Rugby league is nothing more than a means to an end for Nein and it shows.

Nein likes to call itself the "Home of rugby league". IMO Seven did a better job with last years World Cup to the point of having same day replays at a decent time of the afternoon to compensate for the late night games, than Nein have done since they bought the FTA rights in late 1991.

Ch Nein could get on to the front foot with
Hi definition coverage of matches
Guest commentators from the injured players ranks or from English SuperLeague, or
They have a weekly competition and the winner is that week's guest commentator !

But they do NONE of these things because they are:
1. Afraid they'll be shown up by amateurs. &
2. Actually tryiing to Punish the viewers.
They care not for the viewer's experience, they just care about themselves.

PS: would love to hear TC or someone of that ilk on there, showing Sterlo up !

Teo has just given it to Weidler on 9 News :D

'You're a Germ, don't ever ask me any questions. No one likes you around here'. Teo is off to Europe next year apparently.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
PS: would love to hear TC or someone of that ilk on there, showing Sterlo up !

The fact that TC does not have his own show surely is conclusive proof the Nine really has no interest in RL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4