who let the work experience kid play on the website?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am more worried as to why players are leaving us and we cannot sign anyone to take their place.

Whether you think it is whinging or not, you have to admit it does look pretty amateurish.

The club obviously deemed it important enough to "fix", just did a pretty embarrassing job of it. May have been better leaving it.

So everyone should just sit around singing Kumbaya in the shadows and hope the current mess just fixes itself?
Things don't get heard if they aren't spoken about, and that means calling things out when you see them. Everyone is more than happy to call out players who aren't performing, so why not the other club employees too?
Sorry for caring about something that is so easily fixed, and you know.. if done right might attract more sponsors towards the club we all love and not in the other direction.
I hear you. Pretty sure I'd get sick of kumbaya after a while too.

You do realise that the NRL does the websites for each club and also most of the content . Just the news stories and videos are fed to them to insert.

NRL supply the framework and each Club inserts their own content to augment the NRL game related content

Most Clubs have the upcoming Game Promo as their background

KISS

Well it stood out like dogs balls to me, first it was the awful add in of the sponsor logo, then as i looked closer i saw all the other bits.

I work in this kind of field, so I look for these things, its what I do. Now any major brands on projects that I've worked with who throw in big dollars to have their logos represented and promoted, would absolutely blow up if they saw their identity displayed so poorly. Extremely unprofessional.

It's not 1998 anymore. Imagery, marketing, and the digital world is massive for branding and to have your brand so poorly represented on a prominent piece of marketing such as the main background of the website of whom you are sponsoring, and giving big dollars too screams trouble. Screams a lack of care. No surprise there is talk of many sponsors running.

Call it bashing if you will, some people care about these things, others dont... but if it was your company, and you'd paid thousands of dollars to have your brand promoted, and it your logo was hacked to pieces and presented in that way, would you consider throwing more dollars that way in the future... and thats where the flow down effect begins into other areas. The times are moving forward fast, those who don't get with them... disappear.
I can understand why you would care about this - especially if it's your field of expertise.

However if you do care so much, and as you said, if it isn't highlighted as an issue it won't get addressed - instead of jumping on a forum and pointing it out, put your skills to use and offer some of your skills pro bono. I'm sure they would be more than pleased.

Last edited:
I am more worried as to why players are leaving us and we cannot sign anyone to take their place.

Obviously prospective players look at the site and have second thoughts.

Elgey, apparently, was about to sign and then he took a second look at the promo montage and changed his mind.

This is where the problem truly lies, not the dressing room but the photo shop.

Yes to be honest it's pedantic , I'm pretty hopeless at anything electronic but fair dinkum is this that important.

To a computer nerd maybe, to the other 99% of us we could not give a ****!!

Maybe it has been done with the "zine" aesthetic in mind? Making a montage of actual photos with cut out bits of paper stuck over the top and then photocopied, a'la punk mags from the 70s.

Stronger together:

South-Park-characters-south-park-21662856-473-645.jpg

I can understand why you would care about this - especially if it's your field of expertise.

However if you do care so much, and as you said, if it isn't highlighted as an issue it won't get addressed - instead of jumping on a forum and pointing it out, put your skills to use and offer some of your skills pro bono. I'm sure they would be more than pleased.

As mentioned in another thread previously, I HAVE... MULTIPLE TIMES. and guess what. ... tumbleweeds.

Rugby League is now business, like it or not, its no longer park your ute on the hill have BYO Beers then go work for the week laying bricks. It's a big dollar industry.. for better or for worse..
Businesses that don't adapt to this get left behind. Yes its a minor thing in the grand scheme of things, but to the people throwing the cash around, these are things that are part of a checklist, that their suitacase committies look for when it comes to saying "yes, throw your money this way you will get quality returns... or no, this ship is sailed by amatuers... and even such little things can say a lot about a companies attitude, especially when they add up to more than just little one offs like we are increasingly seeing.
A website is one of a companies greatest assets in this day and age, and you have to be professional about it. Poor graphic design, lack of info on lower grades, minimal updates, its clear that area isn't a priority for the business, and to many investors, thats an instant "no thanks, stay clear" i see it happen daily, and it is so easily avoidable too.

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7