• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sipley was our top backrower front rower at the end of last season when both Paseka & Lodge were out injured. When it's time, I'd like to see him replace Bullemor as he has a higher skill set. Aloiai has to keep performing well to keep Lodge out of the team. Lawton & Croker as dummy halves play in a similar manner. I would rather see an impact player like GCKT as no. 14. In which case, I would prefer Lawton over Waddell. Eventually, I would like to see Schuster back in the 17, but at this stage it is difficult to predict in which role.

IMO, Burbo is a very competent whole hearted footballer, but his stats are not great - today 66 run metres, 2 tackle breaks & no line breaks. He completed 20 tackles & missed 8. He also had one try assist. He never seems to make many line breaks, whether playing in the back row or as centre. I think this would improve if he was running off Schuster.

Last edited:
Who misses out??

The best headache a coach can have.

But I'll say this ... of all those out right now, Saab on the wing is the only one who should be a walk up start. Lets hope the team is playing well enough that those coming back from injury or suspension have to fight their way into the XVII.

Sipley for Waddell. And then Lodge probably for Bully. Crazy stacked full strength pack. Dynamic and full of agression and mongrel. Exactly what we've needed. And by the time Saab comes back there's gotta be a choice on who deserves full time mortgage on the other wing for the rest of the season. I thought it'd be a shooutout between Talau and Paulo but now Talau might be out for an extended period, so it's up to Vaega to show hunger with this opportunity. These competition for spots are benefiting us massively.

Sipley for Waddell. And then Lodge probably for Bully. Crazy stacked full strength pack. Dynamic and full of agression and mongrel. Exactly what we've needed. And by the time Saab comes back there's gotta be a choice on who deserves full time mortgage on the other wing for the rest of the season. I thought it'd be a shooutout between Talau and Paulo but now Talau might be out for an extended period, so it's up to Vaega to show hunger with this opportunity. These competition for spots are benefiting us massively.

I liked what I seen in Talau today. He definitely looks like a 1st grader. Very sad that he has picked up this injury when he had the chance to showcase himself for 6 weeks until Saab comes back.
Hopefully there is no break in the ankle.

I have always been a Sips fan but I don’t think he gets back in if the preacher keeps his current form up…
Lodge for Bully, Saab and Paulo for the wing spots… Waddell/Schu/Parker for one spot… Brown stays and Lawnton stays…

I have always been a Sips fan but I don’t think he gets back in if the preacher keeps his current form up…
Lodge for Bully, Saab and Paulo for the wing spots… Waddell/Schu/Parker for one spot… Brown stays and Lawnton stays…
Probably never happen FS, it's only been several times over 2 seasons that we've been able to pick a side without injuries being the deciding factor.

Didnt Talau pick up a bad injury yesterday. Apparently he has to have scans today and he couldnt put any pressure on his leg, then who comes in

Personally, I’d bring Lodge in for Waddell and that’s it. Bullemor is a safer option than Sipley, who is effective but error prone (drops balls or costly missed tackles). Schuster to England.
Yep, I like Sips as well but I reckon Lodge for Waddell and keep Bullemor coz he has that great leg speed and keeps improving. Not sure about England but Shu certainly has his work cut out getting back in the 17.

Yep, I like Sips as well but I reckon Lodge for Waddell and keep Bullemor coz he has that great leg speed and keeps improving. Not sure about England but Shu certainly has his work cut out getting back in the 17.
Lodge makes first grade straight away regardless on how well the team is performing, he's going to be an integral part of our prop rotation once he's back.

IMO, Burbo is a very competent whole hearted footballer, but his stats are not great - today 66 run metres, 2 tackle breaks & no line breaks. He completed 20 tackles & missed 8. He also had one try assist. He never seems to make many line breaks, whether playing in the back row or as centre. I think this would improve if he was running off Schuster.

As a line running edge you aren't necessarily looking at yardage from Burbo. 80-100m is fine.

Second thing he had two stints in the centres yesterday so that effects his output

And fun fact Burbo has as many line breaks as Haumole this season.

Lodge makes first grade straight away regardless on how well the team is performing, he's going to be an integral part of our prop rotation once he's back.
Yep, I agree based on his couple of games last year that he should be a big part of our rotation but after a long break, I'm wondering if it's better to give him one run in Reggies first. I guess Seibs and the fitness guys will be on top of that, right.

Only Saab can keep up with Koula ;);)
When Koula made that break in the first set Talau was trying to keep up. Need a rule where wingers need to be faster than the 3/4's.

That being Sid Koula need to back himself more. He could and should have burned Teddy on the inside. There was so much room and with Talau covered by Young the smart play was to be a ball hog.

As a line running edge you aren't necessarily looking at yardage from Burbo. 80-100m is fine.

Second thing he had two stints in the centres yesterday so that effects his output

And fun fact Burbo has as many line breaks as Haumole this season.
I'm a fan of Burbo's. In the past, due to injuries & limited starting opportunities, I felt he wasn't able to develop his game in the NRL. However, his running game this season has not been impressive (IMO). Sometimes he doesn't run directly & heads infield. He has 20 runs for 126 metres (Jake like). In comparison, Haumole leads the comp with 323 metres for 32 runs. I can't locate Burbo's post contact metres. As you would expect, Haumole also has the most post contact metres for a forward with 168. Burbo appears to be heavily marked with tacklers on top of him as soon he receives the ball - maybe opposition players mistake him for Turbo :) However, just like Turbo, he is very hard to stop close to the line. Maybe he needs to receive better ball for his running game to improve?

Burbo & Haumole.jpg

Personally, I’d bring Lodge in for Waddell and that’s it. Bullemor is a safer option than Sipley, who is effective but error prone (drops balls or costly missed tackles). Schuster to England.
I think Bullemor has been exactly what you would want in a bench forward. Makes an impact and is pretty versatile in terms of a forward. And as you say he's reliable.

I can't get my head around some calling for Aloiai to not be there. At his best, he's still a really good player. He was huge yesterday in winning that forward battle. (I appreciate he hasn't been in great form and has been injured as well the previous two years)

I always thought Talua if he can live up to his talent would be the preferred centre alongside Koula. Strong and good footwork.

Saab and Garrick are our best wingers IMO. Good under the high ball, good yardage carry and most importantly amazing finishers on the edge.

I'm a fan of Burbo's. In the past, due to injuries & limited starting opportunities, I felt he wasn't able to develop his game in the NRL. However, his running game this season has not been impressive (IMO). Sometimes he doesn't run directly & heads infield. He has 20 runs for 126 metres (Jake like). In comparison, Haumole leads the comp with 323 metres for 32 runs. I can't locate Burbo's post contact metres. As you would expect, Haumole also has the most post contact metres for a forward with 168. Burbo appears to be heavily marked with tacklers on top of him as soon he receives the ball - maybe opposition players mistake him for Turbo :) However, just like Turbo, he is very hard to stop close to the line. Maybe he needs to receive better ball for his running game to improve?

View attachment 26381

I wouldn’t be too hard on him. Stats alone don’t really give you the full context of the player. Running the eye over him this year he has made a huge improvement and is really holding his own and is only going to get better with time on the field.
This is going to be a massive development year when he starts to assert himself on the game.
Not like his brothers he’s had to go about this the long way and that’s a true indication of his character and resilience. Something we have been screaming for, for a long time.
I’m really liking where he is at and looking forward to seeing how he ends up come September.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8