• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When Koula made that break in the first set Talau was trying to keep up. Need a rule where wingers need to be faster than the 3/4's.

That being Sid Koula need to back himself more. He could and should have burned Teddy on the inside. There was so much room and with Talau covered by Young the smart play was to be a ball hog.
Yes, I would of liked to see Koula back himself there too, but unlike a lot of players, Teddy played that beautifully, it’s easy to get around a defender making the big play committing to the tackle, Teddy just worked his way in on Tolu and ran him out of time and options, whereas someone like the hammer or Walsh would of ran that inside line with footwork or kicked for themselves without thinking.

In saying that Tolu is coming along beautifully and his still got upside as he develops that instinct to back himself in those situations. What’s not to like, his commitment with the ball is huge, that run yesterday were he made 10 post contact meters through their middles for someone his size was outstanding, it’s going to be great watching his game evolve to the next level, we win, also great to see him shifted to the left and thrown a license to roam, his going to be a real weapon. Our left edge attack is going to be deadly, our 6,1,3 its already exciting, should stress a few opposition coaches out.

Yes, I would of liked to see Koula back himself there too, but unlike a lot of players, Teddy played that beautifully, it’s easy to get around a defender making the big play committing to the tackle, Teddy just worked his way in on Tolu and ran him out of time and options, whereas someone like the hammer or Walsh would of ran that inside line with footwork or kicked for themselves without thinking.

In saying that Tolu is coming along beautifully and his still got upside as he develops that instinct to back himself in those situations. What’s not to like, his commitment with the ball is huge, that run yesterday were he made 10 post contact meters through their middles for someone his size was outstanding, it’s going to be great watching his game evolve to the next level, we win, also great to see him shifted to the left and thrown a license to roam, his going to be a real weapon. Our left edge attack is going to be deadly, our 6,1,3 its already exciting, should stress a few opposition coaches out.
agree but just think ( and I have no real-world knowledge being about as fast as an oil tanker) if he had have made a b line for Teddy he would have had a lot more chance to burn him. he did it last year in one of those final games against Bulla from the tigers.

I can't get my head around some calling for Aloiai to not be there. At his best, he's still a really good player. He was huge yesterday in winning that forward battle. (I appreciate he hasn't been in great form and has been injured as well the previous two years)
I was one that would have been happy to show him the door based on his efforts but he has really showed what he has to offer the first 2 weeks… he played some matches like that back in his Oshay Olay days (2021) but his form (whether through injury or whatever) has been dead-set ordinary for some time and I had given up on him…
He was good in Vegas but gee he was good yesterday… THAT Aloiai we need…

Lawton cemented the 14 spot today. We need an edge backrower to cover Burbo if he needs to cover an outside back, for mine that's Bully. Lodge comes in for Waddell. Brown must stay. As much as I love Sips I think he is 18th man, competing with Bully for the last bench spot.
Sipley has been our most consistent & toughest forwards…..noway he’s 18th man!

Saab, Coca Koula, Ruebs, Trbo……in that order!
I'd agree if it's length of the field, up to 40m it has to be Koula quickest. Tom WAS really quick without it looking like he was but I think he's probably 90% of his quickest now. Reuben is quicker than people realise

We need everyone in out top 30 and all of them will play a role. In the past we have had a shallow talent pool but not this year the talent runs deep.

Sipley has been our most consistent & toughest forwards…..noway he’s 18th man!
On last years form I agree but we have Aloiai, Bully, Brown, Sipley and Lodge all trying to squeeze into max 4 spots. While the pack is playing as well as they did against the Roosters I dare say none of these guys walk straight back in post injury/suspension.

Sipley will definitely get a few weeks to cement his spot before Lodge is fit and if he is killing it he will hold his spot.

Who misses out ?
No one owns the Legendary Manly jersey
Every player Earns the right to play in the Manly jersey
It is a week to week preposition
Who keeps their position

The Sacred Manly Cloth is Not Given It is Earned !
1710975155489.png

On last years form I agree but we have Aloiai, Bully, Brown, Sipley and Lodge all trying to squeeze into max 4 spots. While the pack is playing as well as they did against the Roosters I dare say none of these guys walk straight back in post injury/suspension.

Sipley will definitely get a few weeks to cement his spot before Lodge is fit and if he is killing it he will hold his spot.
On Lodge, what we saw in the closing weeks of last season, I'll have him in first's in a heartbeat.
On Sipley, his carry's are full of impact especially on 1st tackle through the ruck, he's put on extra size now, he'll be handful to contain this year. decisions, decisions....

On Lodge, what we saw in the closing weeks of last season, I'll have him in first's in a heartbeat.
On Sipley, his carry's are full of impact especially on 1st tackle through the ruck, he's put on extra size now, he'll be handful to contain this year. decisions, decisions....
I think Sips has actually shed a few kgs this year and looked more mobile in the trials as a result.

If the teams still fir and firing I don't see a need to rush either forward back, especially Lodge who is coming of a long layoff. A couple of games in NSW Cups to regain match fitness and assess how they're travelling. Saab comes straight back in if fully fit.

I guess the question should more be phrased what's our best 17 if all fit and playing to potential?

My 17 would be:

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Koula
4 Paulo
5 Talau
6 Brooks
7 DCE
8 Tent
9 Froggy
10 Lodge
11 Ola
12 Burbo
13 Jake

14 GCKT
15 Schu
16 Sips
17 Brown

If truly playing to his FULL potential I'd love to play Schu as a ball playing 13 and move Jake to prop.

As others have said though, availability will largely dictate who plays but it is good to have depth at most positions.

If the teams still fir and firing I don't see a need to rush either forward back, especially Lodge who is coming of a long layoff. A couple of games in NSW Cups to regain match fitness and assess how they're travelling. Saab comes straight back in if fully fit.

I guess the question should more be phrased what's our best 17 if all fit and playing to potential?

My 17 would be:

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Koula
4 Paulo
5 Talau
6 Brooks
7 DCE
8 Tent
9 Froggy
10 Lodge
11 Ola
12 Burbo
13 Jake

14 GCKT
15 Schu
16 Sips
17 Brown

If truly playing to his FULL potential I'd love to play Schu as a ball playing 13 and move Jake to prop.

As others have said though, availability will largely dictate who plays but it is good to have depth at most positions.

Jesus mate, what's Garrick done to be dropped? Remember, he's still learning the position as well, and is out goal kicker. Also, Lawton has been pretty awesome so far this season.

Interesting line-up though mate.

A lot of talk on Garricks defence and sure, it is an area that could do with improvement but it is far overstated as a concern.

I think this is a combination of a try going through in round one and a few poor weeks at fullback previously when he was playing on one leg.

Garrick has had a fair bit of traffic go his way this year with him making 38 tackles. That puts him 4th for centres.

And sure he has had 7 missed tackles which puts him equal 3rd with Manu and Staggs.

Buuut if we look at tackle efficiency we see a clearer picture.

Garricks has a 80% tackle effiency which is better than

Timiko 79%
Staggs 78%
Koula 77%
Kiraz 77%
Suli 76%
Meaney 76%
Sua'ali'i 76%
Cobbo 75%
Manu 75%
Kelly 75%
Talaki 70%
Ramien 67%

Now dont get me wrong, there is work to do there and improvement needed, but it is not some glaring deficiency.

Can the team play with 4 forwards on the bench
Aloia starts with Paseka
bench of lodge , Brown , Bullemor , Sipley
Schuster misses out till he starts playing really well in Reggie’s then takes Sipley spot
Croker plays 80 mins Burbo moves to the backs if there is an injury there

Can the team play with 4 forwards on the bench
Aloia starts with Paseka
bench of lodge , Brown , Bullemor , Sipley
Schuster misses out till he starts playing really well in Reggie’s then takes Sipley spot
Croker plays 80 mins Burbo moves to the backs if there is an injury there
Dont see why we'd want 4 middles on the bench.

Throws the entire balance of the squad out. Also not enough minutes to go around

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8