Who's the Warriors Dangermen??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
Who if any are players you think the Seaeagles need to shut down besides the obvious all 17 of em call.
I think that Johnson is a sensation & on top of the list but also Locke, Manu & Mateo are the major players to close down on Sunday.

The Warriors are favourites with the bookies.
Their forward pack is what we have to shut down, so far as possible. If they make ground at will then there are plenty of players who can exploit the space and we'll be in a bit of trouble.
I still expect us to win, but then again, I usually do :)

I believe their forwards will be weakened with the loss of Lillyman, Luck and the Rapira brothers so we should be able to get over the top of their pack.

I reckon Shaun Johnson is the dangerman and must be stopped. His ad-lib style makes me nervous. The kid has talent.

Johnson is a dangerman, but I think the key to him is to shut him down and take away his space, teams tend to hang off of him and that's when he does something that splits teams open.

I expect us to lose this game in a close one, but more out of lack of game time for our players than being beaten by a better team

Blowfly said:
I believe their forwards will be weakened with the loss of Lillyman, Luck and the Rapira brothers so we should be able to get over the top of their pack.

I reckon Shaun Johnson is the dangerman and must be stopped. His ad-lib style makes me nervous. The kid has talent.
I really our chances because of the above. Their pack is weakened I also don't rate their coach

I think Johnson will have second year syndrome, alot of the plays he did were flash in the pan type stuff and only had a handful of good games last year.

Cambo said:
Blowfly said:

I really our chances because of the above. Their pack is weakened I also don't rate their coach

Why don't you rate their coach? IMO he helped turn around the Kiwis and his record in the ESL is as impressive as anyone elses the last 5 years or so.

Luck lilyman and rapira do a lot of grunt work for their pack. They'll miss them. I can't see Mateo doing luck's 40 odd tackles per game. Whoever set the odds for this game must be unaware of their depleted pack.

Mateo always starts the season slowly. Johnson is good, but wasn't Maloney the man behind the wheel for most of last season ? I think some of their options have been reduced because they have lost Hohaia, Heremaia and Berrigan as utilities. They've signed Nathan Friend, but I just see him as a workhorse hooker, not a creative type out of dummy half. Also a new coach, untried at NRL level......just like Tooves.

Add another player to watch - Konrad Hurrell.
Playing in last years dominent Toyota cup side this kid is an absolute handful. Similar to Nonu the NZ Rugby Yawnion centre he is stocky with an explosive running style. A Matai bellringer may be necessary!!

MK Eagle said:
Add another player to watch - Konrad Hurrell.
Playing in last years dominent Toyota cup side this kid is an absolute handful. Similar to Nonu the NZ Rugby Yawnion centre he is stocky with an explosive running style. A Matai bellringer may be necessary!!

The problem with a Matai bellringer on Hurrell, Matai may come off second best due to the kids size.
This kid is the result of French Nuclear testing in the pacific

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8