Why don't we recruit from uk and nz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

winnyason

Bencher
Obvious questions Mal Reilly, Phil Lowe and Kevin Ward or in the 90s Matt ridge, Iro brothers, Craig innes or Stevie Matai.
Are we simply being outbid in recruitment ?

I’ve thought of this s bit too. Also looking at Qld. Matai I don’t think was recruited from NZ but Qld Cup I thought. Might be wrong though.

Why dont we recruit no name BARGAIN players like the BENCH MARK storm and turn them into BRILLIANT performers

Why dont we recruit no name BARGAIN players like the BENCH MARK storm and turn them into BRILLIANT performers
Got some very good talent in the Manly junior system now just a matter of bringing them on properly and retaining the ones who could really make a difference and become Manly long termers

Got some very good talent in the Manly junior system now just a matter of bringing them on properly and retaining the ones who could really make a difference and become Manly long termers
Good theory feathered friend BUT !
Who are these Manly talented Juniors and how old are they ?
When will they be ready? How much longer do we have to wait and Persist with the Parkers?

Bench Mark Perspective..
The Bench Mark Storm do not wait for things to happen they make it happen every year
The Storm have made the finals every years for the past 20 years

All good points but probably the only major positive on the club scene these days is how well our junior sides are going . As for the here and now , just need Lady luck to be a bit kinder on the injury front and to get some much better value out of our present and better paid supposed top liners .

Why doesn't Des just pick some of the young guys that we already have in our top 30 squad.
Because he's a stubborn prick and he hasn't moved with the times. It's a wonder he didn't sign Tolman, he never got dropped at the dogs.

When we have needed speed I have always thought some of these Fijians and other 7's players would light up the field, provided they can tackle....and totally agree, some of these Poms as Canberra are showing can cut it and though Sam Burgess was a bit of a tool, reckon we would have another premiership if Beaver had his way and got him to Manly, in fact this style player is EXACTLY what we need today !!

Any edge forwards showing good signs Al?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8