Why is the team consistently flat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If Trent Seibold delivers pre game speeches like he does press conferences no wonder the players are asleep during games

Like listening to a lullaby

Or maybe the team has stopped listening to him like to Broncos did?

Either way our season is ****ed and we will finish close to the wooden spoon

If Trent Seibold delivers pre game speeches like he does press conferences no wonder the players are asleep during games

Like listening to a lullaby

Or maybe the team has stopped listening to him like to Broncos did?

Either way our season is ****ed and we will finish close to the wooden spoon
Before the game the body language in the rooms and out on the field looked poor, in contrast to the Dame Joans.

Maybe Seibold is too somnambulant?

Before the game the body language in the rooms and out on the field looked poor, in contrast to the Dame Joans.

Paul Kent (soon to be followed by, "Remember him?") would have you believe that the whole problem is that Seibold knows what "somnambulant" means and would like other people to know he knows it…

What's happening in the players shed 15min before kick off, why aren't we pumped and reeved up for the game, especially at Brookie. Last 3 defeats have all resulted in bad first half's and then fight back in the 2nd half's. Only problem is, we concede to many points in the first half's to ever catch them on the scoreboard.
Says it all really

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 58
We just aren’t good enough when you have Croker as dummy half who would not make any other 17…Johns who plain and simple is not up to 1st grade…Parker who would have to be one of the slowest centres in nrl..Woods playing bigger minutes…Kelma who is dead set crap…no lock...throw in an injured Jake a struggling Tom with a dash of fat face sitting on the sidelines then you have a cocktail called disaster
Here we have a typical fan of the club, saying it how they see it and knowing the majority of the fans are thinking this, but not expressing their opinions! Just sitting in silence believing it will get better. Well buddy it ain't, unless changes are made and made ASAP!

I think I have a fair idea…we need a 9 that can help the forwards get over the ad line. We are lucky to make 30m in a set on average. What this does is fatigue everyone because we’re not turning the opposition forwards around or making them work hard to control us…

One could ask why do we seem fatigued early in matches, surely we’re fit? But it’s kinda like going for run and the lactic acid and burning in the lungs hits early before plateauing out. We’re just on the back foot from the get go and the opposition are getting quick play-the-balls. People talk about line speed but you can’t have line speed when you’re still getting back onside at the same time the opposition have cleared the ruck.

We need a 9 and a couple of speedy forwards to help Paseka out. We just don’t have the middle to compete at the moment. That’s why the attack is pedestrian as well. Everything is off slow ruck speed.
Could not agree more. The modern day 9 is so crucial to the tempo of the game. You have summed the issue up to perfection.

Manly were not energetic in running up in defence early in the game and the Sharks made big metres by confidently spreading the ball.

When we had the ball we couldn't pose the same questions. Neither Croker nor Johns are a real threat with either running or passing, and add to that Tom at fullback still not really running full tilt.

All up it means our attack can't put much pressure back on the opposition.

We scrambled well and tried hard pretty much all game. Haumole's one on one miss was unusual for him but in the end we lost against a top 4 side. Which wasn't a huge shock.

3 tries to 2, could have been worse, but the Johns show at 5/8 has got to stop even if Schu isn't ready.
Will be interesting to see which middle comes in for Aloiai. Best case scenario, Jake comes back.
All the forwards tried hard, Haumole was heavily marked and Kelma played on with a busted eye socket or something, if it was a grand final and we won he'd be a legend for the next 50 years, go figure!
Yeah sone really valid points. I did say to my son that despite how we looked, I actually thought the sharks made us look that way. They were very good for the first half hr. Completed every set, kicked to the corner and ground us down. When I’m, they are a top 4 team no doubt.

Johns has played three games too many already. He won’t be the 6 on Sunday even if Schu isn’t fit yet. I’d rather have Woods in the 6. At least he can tackle.

From what I’ve seen through 11 games, if we make the 8 it will be overachieving.

I don't understand this.... we showed the intensity/will / desire against the storm and haven't shown it since!

We had old boys day, mothers day and ruebens 100th game so there was supposedly plenty of "motivation" but never any real intent imo
storm are hardly the yardstick these days. also, manly played extremely well that day. Our average though cant get to that level all the time. look at the tigers, they beat penrith, so does that mean they will play at that level every week?. if so, they would have beaten souths last week and entrenched in the top 4. A top 100 tennis dude can also upset federer too. but........................

Yep big night that ended up at maccas... although watching him in the coaches box on the weekend he appeared very similar!
Mate, he's so laid back, the only thing missing is the leather on the elbows on his cardigan ..ala, rah rah style and a pipe.

If his press conferences are anything to go by - filled with malaise and apathy - then it's no wonder we come out of the dressing rooms half asleep. In this latest press conference one of the journos asked him what sort of a rev up he gave the team at half time. His response was words to the effect that - "oh, they don't need an angry coach losing his temper down there". WTF??!! Well here's a thought; whatever you're doing right now buddy isn't working because we look like a bunch of sleep walkers out there. Perhaps you need to fire the **** up and give these blokes a proper rocket before the game.

I was at the game too and after the Sharks first try, I was worried we’d get done by 50 because they were tearing through our middle.

it’s certainly alarming that we’re flat with everything to play for.
Yep, I thought it was going to be a blood bath as did everyone sitting around me. The fact we were only down by 12 at half time was a miracle. But then when they scored early in the 2nd I thought the same again. However, when we finally got some ball and Paseka came back on and showed what a bit of bloody enthusiasm can bring to a game, they got their act together. We also started getting a run of penalties coz the Sharks were trying to slow us down even more but were finally getting pinged. But anyway ........... we need to get some energy in the 1st half like we did in the first couple of games. There's nothing sharp going on around the ruck and the one out forwards only goes so far. And the backs put zero doubt in the minds of the defence. Shu has to come in and give the backs some space. If Koula doesn't start getting some clean ball, rugby might start to look very inviting.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7