Why is the team consistently flat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The JA and TK are both out for a long period of time (3 weeks+). So, tomorrow's team list hopefully will have some new blood in it. Ben was good, showed enthusiasm, motivated, get him into the starting line up. Get Woods out of the line up all together.
Woods Broken hand apparently so you've got your wish there.
Shoe and Jake back though so assuming fainu will get another run

Woods Broken hand apparently so you've got your wish there.
Shoe and Jake back though so assuming fainu will get another run
Boyle would probably get his spot, fwds looking like.
Paseka
Froggy
Keppie
Bully
Ola
Jake

Lawton
Boyle
Sam
Condon or Sykes

Woods wi
The JA and TK are both out for a long period of time (3 weeks+). So, tomorrow's team list hopefully will have some new blood in it. Ben was good, showed enthusiasm, motivated, get him into the starting line up. Get Woods out of the line up all together.
ll be picked again which is a joke

No I think 3.
Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Because they're imperfect human beings that are playing in a very competitive competition.

Lighten up everyone, it's just a game. The players out on the field and the coach want to be successful just as much as we do. They are trying and giving it everything they have. Sometimes it's just not good enough to get results. And it's just not your day. It's not as easy as just naming a team or just dropping someone, way more complex than that. A lot goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

You're all entitled to your opinions, but all we can do as supporters is support the team. That's our role and we need to show our support no matter what the results are. Stay positive and get behind them. Good results will come and times like these will make us appreciate them even more.

Flat because other teams are better and play as a team week in/ week out .
This team has always been mentally weak unfortunately.
A leader that cant lead .
We have half a good team though.
Recruitment has been non existent.
Owner who doesn't like spending money.

Surely Des, Seibs , Flanno, Dymock is NOT the issue at Manly.

I am not seeing Penn pay out 3 coaches while having the dessie thing as well
i reckon it will have to get pretty bad before we chase tiger records for paying most coaches

ugly years ahead people

coaches will cease being nice guys soon

Surely Des, Seibs , Flanno, Dymock is NOT the issue at Manly.

I am not seeing Penn pay out 3 coaches while having the dessie thing as well
i reckon it will have to get pretty bad before we chase tiger records for paying most coaches

ugly years ahead people

coaches will cease being nice guys soon
Good ,these pea hearts don't deserve nice guy coaches.
One bad game ,send em to NSW cup .
Would rather watch new faces trying and losing then these guys just losing.

A leader that cant lead .DON'T TELL QUEENSLAND!
We have half a good team though. ONLY ON PAPER!
Recruitment has been non existent. NOT FROM THE TIGERS IT HASN'T!
Owner who doesn't like spending money. NOW YOU MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING!

Because they're imperfect human beings that are playing in a very competitive competition.

Lighten up everyone, it's just a game. The players out on the field and the coach want to be successful just as much as we do. They are trying and giving it everything they have. Sometimes it's just not good enough to get results. And it's just not your day. It's not as easy as just naming a team or just dropping someone, way more complex than that. A lot goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

You're all entitled to your opinions, but all we can do as supporters is support the team. That's our role and we need to show our support no matter what the results are. Stay positive and get behind them. Good results will come and times like these will make us appreciate them even more.
I agree with much you have stated, although it seems the kids in Blacktown aren't given much of a crack in first grade regardless of how well they perform. Positions should always be up for grabs and to assume the reserves won't crack it without giving them a chance is the main source of frustration.

Having watched Penrith play in recent weeks I think three words sum up why our team is so far off the pace: Motivation, Confidence and Enthusiasm.
I have no doubt we have players who are more talented than some in the Penrith line up, but they just don't seem to be as committed. Thus, it looks like we are slow to move up in defence, not prepared to trust our ability and throw the ball around, and not engaged enough with fellow players to do all it takes to compete in a match.
I can see players such as Tent, Guacca, Koala, Sandwich and Saab fitting into that Penrith 13 and fulfilling their full potential.
But it's not about raw talent; it's about wanting to win so badly that you push yourself to the limit. Until our players develop this mindset we'll always fall behind when things get tough. Playing for a paycheque will never beat playing to win for your mates.

All the points we have given to the opposition in all our losses this year are from our errors .( simple ones ) We also lack depth in key positions but our top 17 can match it with anyone thus my confidence that we can make the top 4 if they are all available in the second half of the season .
Here is my top 17 after watching them so far , Let's go Manly .

Tom
Reuben
Kolu
Brad
Jason
Josh
Dally
Paseka
Jarrod
Keppie
Haumole
Ben
Jake

Lawton
Samuela
Bullemor
Sipley

Gordon
Weekes
Condon

Then the rest .

Addressing the title question...

Perhaps we have a few too many players in the team that don't believe the Earth is round?

Having watched Penrith play in recent weeks I think three words sum up why our team is so far off the pace: Motivation, Confidence and Enthusiasm.
I have no doubt we have players who are more talented than some in the Penrith line up, but they just don't seem to be as committed. Thus, it looks like we are slow to move up in defence, not prepared to trust our ability and throw the ball around, and not engaged enough with fellow players to do all it takes to compete in a match.
I can see players such as Tent, Guacca, Koala, Sandwich and Saab fitting into that Penrith 13 and fulfilling their full potential.
But it's not about raw talent; it's about wanting to win so badly that you push yourself to the limit. Until our players develop this mindset we'll always fall behind when things get tough. Playing for a paycheque will never beat playing to win for your mates.
Ah finally someone who has nailed it 100%.

So easy to blame the coach

Even easier to blame the owners

Also easy to blame the refs

In fact it’s easy to blame everyone bar the people who are on the field.

Motivation , confidence , enthusiasm!!

Three areas that we have ZERO of each!!

EDIT: that doesn’t apply to all , DCE has been busting his guts , as has Jake. Once we get 17 that do the same for a game we might win one, until then , LOSS LOSS & LOSS.

EDIT: that doesn’t apply to all , DCE has been busting his guts , as has Jake. Once we get 17 that do the same for a game we might win one, until then , LOSS LOSS & LOSS.
Des Hasler says "hi Mark, if only you had shown this new found impartiality during my last stint as head coach."

I find it bemusing how many on here claim he failed in his second coming when the facts are.
1 in 2019 Manly were robbed by the bunker against South's in a Semi Final. Turbo wasn't even in the side and several starting forwards were also out injured.
2 In 2020 we lost Manase Fainu after releasing API and endured the worst injury toll I can remember.
3 2021 We finished the season in top four.
4 We were still very much in the hunt for a finals spot despite another season ending injury to Turbo. Then "Scott" from marketing decided to make a rainbow coloured cash grab, and our season was busted. Something no other club has been stupid enough to do.

Seibold as been given everything he wanted since arriving. Our tight ass owners and "tough guy" CEO have rolled out the red carpet, but I will be astounded if Spoony gets anywhere near the above results.

If Des was overseeing what we have dished up this far, old Mark from Brisbane (and others) would be foaming at the mouth like Cujo.

Yeah but isn’t it the responsibility of the coaches to motivate their chargers, instill confidence in them and lift their enthusiasm levels. I would’ve thought that is their role - aside from tactical matters. The great coaches are great people persons. Their players want to play for them. They’re motivated and enthusiastic.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6