Why is the team consistently flat?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A leader that cant lead .DON'T TELL QUEENSLAND!
We have half a good team though. ONLY ON PAPER!
Recruitment has been non existent. NOT FROM THE TIGERS IT HASN'T!
Owner who doesn't like spending money. NOW YOU MAY BE ON TO SOMETHING!
The Owners Money perspective time ...

The fact is an NRL club is the least feasible Investment feathered friend @The Who

Mr Penn had other greater Invesment opportunities with much greater returns

But it was obviously more than just the money in Manly but the passion in Manly that Mr Penn invested in

Why is the team consistently flat and underachieving ?

The answer is

Because they are playing like the Seibold Brocos team of the past and are underachieving

Des Hasler says "hi Mark, if only you had shown this new found impartiality during my last stint as head coach."

I find it bemusing how many on here claim he failed in his second coming when the facts are.
1 in 2019 Manly were robbed by the bunker against South's in a Semi Final. Turbo wasn't even in the side and several starting forwards were also out injured.
2 In 2020 we lost Manase Fainu after releasing API and endured the worst injury toll I can remember.
3 2021 We finished the season in top four.
4 We were still very much in the hunt for a finals spot despite another season ending injury to Turbo. Then "Scott" from marketing decided to make a rainbow coloured cash grab, and our season was busted. Something no other club has been stupid enough to do.

Seibold as been given everything he wanted since arriving. Our tight ass owners and "tough guy" CEO have rolled out the red carpet, but I will be astounded if Spoony gets anywhere near the above results.

If Des was overseeing what we have dished up this far, old Mark from Brisbane (and others) would be foaming at the mouth like Cujo.
Easy with the “ old”

I don't blame the coach. The team is about where it should be based on the players chosen & injuries etc. They won't win the comp this year, however I do like the fact that we're seeing the new guys getting a fair go this year.

Yeah but isn’t it the responsibility of the coaches to motivate their chargers, instill confidence in them and lift their enthusiasm levels. I would’ve thought that is their role - aside from tactical matters. The great coaches are great people persons. Their players want to play for them. They’re motivated and enthusiastic.
As opposed to Chubby Checker on a bad day?

Because they're imperfect human beings that are playing in a very competitive competition.

Lighten up everyone, it's just a game. The players out on the field and the coach want to be successful just as much as we do. They are trying and giving it everything they have. Sometimes it's just not good enough to get results. And it's just not your day. It's not as easy as just naming a team or just dropping someone, way more complex than that. A lot goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about.

You're all entitled to your opinions, but all we can do as supporters is support the team. That's our role and we need to show our support no matter what the results are. Stay positive and get behind them. Good results will come and times like these will make us appreciate them even more.

4 wins in our last 17 games (27 points on average against in that time). No roster turnover apart from Tuilagi / Condon.

People have a right to be completely pissed off with these plonkers.

They've been given every opportunity, investment and tool to succeed, but lay an egg almost every week.

It’s interesting how now it’s the players fault when last year a lot of people here blamed the coaching staff. I fully understand the previous coaching staff more or less recruited the current team but I doubt the new coaching staff will be able to make major changes to Roster due to our very top heavy salary cap unless they decide to punt Tom, Jake , schuster and DCE .

It’s interesting how now it’s the players fault when last year a lot of people here blamed the coaching staff. I fully understand the previous coaching staff more or less recruited the current team but I doubt the new coaching staff will be able to make major changes to Roster due to our very top heavy salary cap unless they decide to punt Tom, Jake , schuster and DCE .
It’ll take 2-3 years for the current coaching staff to get the player list they want, I’d be surprised if there’s not a fair bit of movement in the next few years.

It’ll take 2-3 years for the current coaching staff to get the player list they want, I’d be surprised if there’s not a fair bit of movement in the next few years.
Understand mate but we have too much money tied up in only a few players this significantly impacts the ability to make significant changes. It makes recruitment like moneyball on steroids..

Understand mate but we have too much money tied up in only a few players this significantly impacts the ability to make significant changes. It makes recruitment like moneyball on steroids..
Yes but if you look at the top sides they’d all have 3-4 players on close to , or over , a million.

I think our problem isn’t the cap so much as we just aren’t an attractive destination.

So all we can recruit are also rans from bottom sides.

Yes but if you look at the top sides they’d all have 3-4 players on close to , or over , a million.

I think our problem isn’t the cap so much as we just aren’t an attractive destination.

Manly is god’s country 😂 PS. I know what you mean who would want to play for Penn.

Manly is god’s country 😂 PS. I know what you mean who would want to play for Penn.
Agree about gods country but as a football club we just aren’t an attractive proposition for a player to move to.

Oh sure, players from the bottom two sides will look at us as an upgrade , but we’ll never recruit a current top player as we are today.

We are light years behind the front runners , and apart from one , out of the box , 15 or so games in 2021 we have largely been ****house for a decade.

The only real option is to build from juniors and be patient , and that’s going to take a fair while.

Agree about gods country but as a football club we just aren’t an attractive proposition for a player to move to.

Oh sure, players from the bottom two sides will look at us as an upgrade , but we’ll never recruit a current top player as we are today.

We are light years behind the front runners , and apart from one , out of the box , 15 or so games in 2021 we have largely been ****house for a decade.

The only real option is to build from juniors and be patient , and that’s going to take a fair while.
Sounds dire Mark but so true.

Plus we also have the added factor that half the team don’t even want to be on the Northern Beaches. They just want the pay check, and yet the Manly club just get sucked in by player agents again and again and upgrade and extend contracts.

I do not see anything in this lot Mark

NYEagle

Flat track bullies and nothing else. A decade of certain leader refusing to learn anything new and different.

All's they can do is flat.

Tis why they can't handle it if things get a little bumpy. That don't match.

Add a little water, even on the flat and that **** gets slippery. **** that. Changing playing style. No way get ****ed. Manly can only ever play flat. Just not in attack.

Why is the team consistently flat and underachieving ?

The answer is

Because they are playing like the Seibold Brocos team of the past and are underachieving

Sadly welook the same as the end of last year when Des was here. There is a problem with what is happening on the field and it’s only not related to talent it is an absence of leadership and football smarts. We play dumb footy week in and week out.

I’d held the same belief for a long time…we recruit the crap because good players won’t come here…but then I thought about the likes of Mahoney and Kikau at the Dogs and Koroisau at the Tigers and it no longer stacked up.

It’s true that good sides have 3-4 players on big money, just the same as we do. Thing is, our 3-4 are already at the club, which is why we don’t go to market for top shelf players. The Tigers and Dogs didn’t already have a host of 800+k players, hence their ability to offer the like of Koroisau, Papalii and Kikau good coin. Api certainly didn’t go to the Tigers because it was a desirable location (that much was evident by his post-gf winning speech).

So, the issue is not so much being undesirable and it’s not really poor cap management either. It’s just that we’ve already got our marquee players from within the club so we don’t go to market to make a splash. Only the Roosters seem to be able to still make a splash with a host of marquee players already in their ranks.

I’m sure there is still some element of choosing a stronger club over a weaker one when it comes to middle of the road signings where the money is negligible between both options.

I’d held the same belief for a long time…we recruit the crap because good players won’t come here…but then I thought about the likes of Mahoney and Kikau at the Dogs and Koroisau at the Tigers and it no longer stacked up.

It’s true that good sides have 3-4 players on big money, just the same as we do. Thing is, our 3-4 are already at the club, which is why we don’t go to market for top shelf players. The Tigers and Dogs didn’t already have a host of 800+k players, hence their ability to offer the like of Koroisau, Papalii and Kikau good coin. Api certainly didn’t go to the Tigers because it was a desirable location (that much was evident by his post-gf winning speech).

So, the issue is not so much being undesirable and it’s not really poor cap management either. It’s just that we’ve already got our marquee players from within the club so we don’t go to market to make a splash. Only the Roosters seem to be able to still make a splash with a host of marquee players already in their ranks.

I’m sure there is still some element of choosing a stronger club over a weaker one when it comes to middle of the road signings where the money is negligible between both options.
Yeah, id i would also add that having 2 marquee players on 5 year terms and 1 on a 10 year term that all overlap has just kept us recruiting in the same way for an extended period

you usually want a crop of juniors to come through to even the scales and we do……somewhat, but they all seemed to be nudging the purse strings a tad before delivery

having latu fainu in our 30 although he is too young shows we cant compete off field for a start. I say that believing he would have be an extra expense to the organisation if his salary, or part there of was applied elsewhere. maybe i have my wires crossed….not sure how it works really but i dont like it one bit

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8