Why we don't need Kieran Foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
okay, I have spoken to someone who is around the club alot! I can't say who though. All the boys are very happy and comfortable with us. There are alot of happy campers who literally laugh at the Telegraph!!
Insiders don't think Keiran will leave. Foran is very happy at present. Riccardi is seen as the next superstar coming through at Manly! Where they are going to fit him is anyone's guess. Riccardi was very disappointed being stepped over by Liam in nrl recently.

Sounds like we are a happy camp, unlike others who are cutting us when they can!

OneEyedEagle said:
SER8, Finally some common sense prevails. I like your post. All the ill feeling towards Hassler without fundamental basis for it is all based on hearsay.

I still stand by what I said when desgate broke out that I believe Des did not want to truly leave the club however elements within the club pushed him to go in the way he did. I have no reliable source to confirm or deny, only the members of the board and Des can truly answer our questions

There are always two sides to a story and the constant vitriol levelled towards Dessie is now getting tiresome. Lets be grateful of what a sterling job he and the team did in bringing us 2 premierships.

Not once has Tooves come out and spoken badly about Des and not once has any of the players spoken badly about him either. In fact I hear that Des and Tooves are in regular communication and based on that fact I can't believe all the angst and blame levelled towards Des, I may be wrong but I will keep an open mind until I have circumstantial PROOF.

The only fact I can provide you is that if I handed in my resignation tomorrow and I told my employer I was leaving to go to a competitor they would terminate my employment on the spot, one thing is for certain is that I would be calling all my customers before resiging and telling them where I would be going. I would do everything in my power to ensure my new employer would succeede in gaining the contracts of those companies I have dealt with from my former employer.

What Des is doing is nothing different than what happens in the coporate world, it may not be morarally correct but you have to do what is best for yourself.

I don't think you should be telling the world through an Internet forum that you would breach your employment contract if you got another job OEE. A lecture like the one dished out to Cambo might be warranted here...

I can't believe people are getting upset over people getting upset. I fully understand the wide ranging emotions of people. Because we are all so invested in this great club and we have some an emotional attachment to it, bad news or the potential for bad news means we are all going to react to it differently. Some people are going off way too early and some are more measured, some are stone faced and some are just brushing it off. We are all different people who share a common interest/love/passion. To me the reaction this is causing just means how much we've taken to the boy and how much it means to us.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The players must be having a great laugh at the panic shown around here.

We'd like Kieran Foran to stay, we want him to stay. But we don't need him.

Players know about/read threads in this place? Cool! Hey Mr DCE may I have an autograph?

If they do read these forums.... Then I hope you all stay and be a great team which will be remembered for a lot longer than if you leave for some minor amount of cash.

wombatgc said:
"'FANS FLIP OUT AMID FEAR FOZ HAS FLOWN - Distraught Manly fans are in a flap, their world is crashing down, they are in shock, anger and rage, accusing Hasler of this and that, woe is us, they wail shriek and howl …"

I have a 15 year old daughter who is doing all of the above...not happy at all. :(

Hilarious:D

The Women of Manly will storm the fortress if the 'Good Sort' Foran is not retained by Manly :heart:

I am in solidarity with your daughter - Manly must maintain their aesthetic squad!

Which reminds me that Wolfy's contract is up in 2012 also:heart::heart:

Darren said:
okay, I have spoken to someone who is around the club alot! I can't say who though. All the boys are very happy and comfortable with us. There are alot of happy campers who literally laugh at the Telegraph!!
Insiders don't think Keiran will leave. Foran is very happy at present. Riccardi is seen as the next superstar coming through at Manly! Where they are going to fit him is anyone's guess. Riccardi was very disappointed being stepped over by Liam in nrl recently.

Sounds like we are a happy camp, unlike others who are cutting us when they can!

I do have a rather optimistic theory that Kieren has signed with Manly already and that Manly and Kieren are just dragging this out and deliberately letting misinformation flow in the media so as to deliver maximum pain to the Dogs by announcing it just before the match.

Kieren's motive for playing along - he's not happy with how Des ruined the team's GF celebrations.

Wishful thinking maybe but time will tell.

MadMarcus said:

I don't think you should be telling the world through an Internet forum that you would breach your employment contract if you got another job OEE. A lecture like the one dished out to Cambo might be warranted here...

Thanks for the advice MadMarcus however for a long time nowI have ensured that I leave no footprint that leads back to my true identity, unlike Cambo that used his real or part of his real name so I have nothing to fear here. I have ensured that I have removed all my presence from the internet under my real name.

As far as work contracts goes, once a contract is up its open season and there is nothing wrong with meeting customers over lunch to see how they are doing as it doesn’t break any contract termand it reminds them about you and what you can offer.

Jatz Crackers said:
OneEyedEagle said:
but I will keep an open mind until I have circumstantial PROOF.

Might pay to keep an open mind after that aswell.

Goes without saying but I don't slag anyone of the players or coaches past or present.

Initially I was very critical of the board and in particular Bob Reilly calling for him to be replaced. It was easy to be caught up in the emotion of the moment so it’s a never ending learning curve to just step back and not get to worried about things outside of our control. Whatever happens we had a successful few years and let’s hope that it just continues.

I Reckon Jamie Buehrer can be a future 5/8 for the Eagles.

Another 2013 option is Liam Foran, who with a bit more experience, coaching, and the influence of creative players around him (Gifty, DCE, Snake) could step up.

This is why, although desireable to keep, we dont NEED K Foran. Manly will soon be entering a 'rebuilding phase' either way.

OneEyedEagle said:
As far as work contracts goes, once a contract is up its open season and there is nothing wrong with meeting customers over lunch to see how they are doing as it doesn’t break any contract termand it reminds them about you and what you can offer.

Unless your employer has really bad lawyers, if you are in a position where you have access to customers and could potentially steal them when/after you leave, there should be a provision in your contract restraining you from doing this for a period AFTER your contract has been terminated.

Such restraints are notoriously difficult to enforce, but what you are proposing would be a breach nonetheless.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2