Will any of our youngsters crack the 17 this season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There is exactly 0 chance of anyone outside last years top 17 getting a start unless it's through injury/covid or suspension. Injury/covid and suspension is inevitable so I expect at least 2 or 3 youngsters will get a shot at some stage.
Injuries and Covid? I'll be surprised if anyone in the top 30 fails to get a run, possible exception of Sione and Jorge. And probably a couple of the development kids will too.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
GCKT is 91kg???

Wow, he looked way lighter than that the other night but that was in comparison to the other players around him I suppose.
GCKT is built tough like an American prized fighting Staffy and is all lean muscle
All 91 kg .

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Injuries and Covid? I'll be surprised if anyone in the top 30 fails to get a run, possible exception of Sione and Jorge. And probably a couple of the development kids will too.
Yep, I cast quite a wide safety net on my bold prediction. Wouldn't be surprised if average players used for all clubs pushes 30.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
A Quote from one of the most Inspiring leaders of all . The Great Winston Churchill
To Improve is to change
To be Perfect is to change often
end quote

We were far from perfect as we capitulated in the finals last years against the top competitors
and we must change if we are to improve and perfect this year

This Great pathway academy of ours is like a fountain that over flows with fabulous talent
and these 2022 young guys in our NRL squad are all capable of the great change

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Most clubs use just more or just less than 30 players a season .... it will be a miracle if ALL of them don't get a run.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Care to expand on your disagreement @Disco ? Who gets punted and who replaces them purely on form?
Who gets punted ?

the one that does not lift their game and improve from last season

No none should own a Manly Jumper

All Manly jumpers should be on lease every week and earned by one of the top performing 30 players in our squad

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Most clubs use just more or just less than 30 players a season .... it will be a miracle if ALL of them don't get a run.
It is great to be loyal to 30 players and not just the 17

And as far as the young players do not have NRL experience goes

The best way to gain NRL experience is gained on the NRL arena

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
It is great to be loyal to 30 players and not just the 17

And as far as the young players do not have NRL experience goes

The best way to gain NRL experience is gained on the NRL arena
I agree with you Bozo but I'm trying to guess what Des will do because he knows the game and the players better than anyone on here. After watching Des for his entire coaching career, I'm guessing he will go with the reliable known quantity over the speculative risk.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
There is exactly 0 chance of anyone outside last years top 17 getting a start unless it's through injury/covid or suspension. Injury/covid and suspension is inevitable so I expect at least 2 or 3 youngsters will get a shot at some stage.
Care to expand on your disagreement @Disco ? Who gets punted and who replaces them purely on form?

Sure, I just couldn't agree on how definitive the statement was. I mean Dessie does value experience and what he knows but the belief he never gives youth a chance is untrue.

Now you mention form and the thing is form is a constantly moving beast, so if say.....Harper dropped off and had a bad month of games and Koula was killing it in reserves then I could absolutely see him getting a chance.
Same if Keppie drop 3 balls a game 5 games in a row. Do I expect either of those things to happen....no, but I wouldn't say there is exactly 0% chance of it.

You also say anyone outside our top 17.....so could I see Toff getting ahead of Aloiai (or vice versa based on who you consider top 17) based on form....absolutely.

Then to get pedantic you reference injury, covid and suspension as the only reason players would drop out of the 17. However straight away I see middle forward rotation and SOO as reasons why players would come in from outside the 17 so the statement is inherently flawed from the outset IMO.

Basically I agree with the sentiment that on the form of last year those outside of the 17 have an uphill task to break into the side, But I disagree that it is a EXACTLY ZERO percent chance :)

Last edited:

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Sure, I just couldn't agree on how definitive the statement was. I mean Dessie does value experience and what he knows but the belief he never gives youth a chance is untrue.

Now you mention form and the thing is form is a constantly moving beast, so if say.....Harper dropped off and had a bad month of games and Koula was killing it in reserves then I could absolutely see him getting a chance.
Same if Keppie drop 3 balls a game 5 games in a row. Do I expect either of those things to happen....no, but I would say there is exactly 0% chance of it.

You also say anyone outside our top 17.....so could I see Toff getting ahead of Aloiai (or vice versa based on who you consider top 17) based on form....absolutely.

Then to get pedantic you reference injury, covid and suspension as the only reason players would drop out of the 17. However straight away I see middle forward rotation and SOO as reasons why players would come in from outside the 17 so the statement is inherently flawed from the outset IMO.

Basically I agree with the sentiment that on the form of last year those outside of the 17 have an uphill task to break into the side, But I disagree that it is a EXACTLY ZERO percent chance :)
Well played, I thought I covered my bases but you definitely exposed my weak spots.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12