Will Gallop apologise to Brett and the Club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i would rather gallop resign  then worry about his apology,, he isnt man enough to apologise ..

See this link

Dan delete if inappropriate

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzzygbpLDww&feature=related[/youtube]

Sorry for poor quality

Well the telegraph didnt post up my spray regarding Gallop (actually I thought it was quite tame).

There you go he is a Koala - a protected species

I would have expected no different from Gallop:

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60467/official-release-nrl-welcomes-stewarts-not-guilty-verdict/default.aspx

No apology of course!

Gallop is spineless.  The best we can hope for is the media to turn on him now they can't publish rubbish about Brett.  The penalty for Brett and the club was clearly unjustified.  It was in fact Gallop that brought the game into disrepute

Lol @ Gallop giving himself a pat on the back for standing by Stewart. Absolute bull**** Gallop, absolute bull****. Cannot wait to the day i catch you with a drink in hand..

Boofhead link said:
I would have expected no different from Gallop:

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/60467/official-release-nrl-welcomes-stewarts-not-guilty-verdict/default.aspx

No apology of course!

Wow, didn't Gallop cover that off nicely. In fact the NRL at all times actually SUPPORTED Brett Stewart and fought for his right not to be stood down.

You Goose, YOU stood him down. YOU denied him the presumption of innocence. You had zero proof that at at any time he did the things that you penalised him for.

The Hasler Code link said:
Gallop is spineless.  The best we can hope for is the media to turn on him now they can't publish rubbish about Brett.  The penalty for Brett and the club was clearly unjustified.  It was in fact Gallop that brought the game into disrepute
Actually it's not fact. What would you have Gallop do? This case coincided with the release of a new advertising campaign which the NRL lost millions on due to the fact that it had to be scrapped. I'm not sticking up for the bloke cause he was wrong to suspend a player who had not been found guilty but i think you all need to calm down a bit. Gallop bowed to the pressure of the media which is soft. However, if he had not acted and Stewart had been found guilty, would that have not been worse? It would be interesting to see what would have happened to Robert Lui if it was mid season.

It was in fact Gallop that brought the game into disrepute
Very well said.

If Gallop had simply responded with innocent until proven guilty, no suspension, no fine, then the game would have been far, far, better off.  He could still have pulled the ad for commercial reasons.  That would have been a cool and balanced response - something which Gallop seems incapable of.

I must agree Rex.  Where was the presumption of innocence?  Why was the club fined at all?  What for?  On all issues Gallop has fumbled and bumbled along.  He is entirely reactive to issues, and shows no leadership whatsoever.  He was a low ranking lawyer for News Ltd at the start of the Super League wars, and ends up in charge of the NRL as part of the 'truce'.  It is not acceptable to have someone like this in charge of, what is, a very complex organization.  He needs to have nothing to do with any future NRL structure. It is time for club CEOs to be told to get rid of this standing joke. 

Goldie link said:
I doubt Gallop will offer an apology as this may be a way open for Brett & maybe Manly to take legal action against him! Still worthy of a spray to vent the disgust that this man deserves.......

That si the same arguement that John Howard used for not saying sorry.

If Rudd can say sorry then Gallop can as well.  Trouble is he won't be you need a backbone to admit that you were wrong.

Fonz link said:
Actually it's not fact. What would you have Gallop do? This case coincided with the release of a new advertising campaign which the NRL lost millions on due to the fact that it had to be scrapped.

I see your point, and he did the right thing by scrapping the ad immediately.  It was an unfortunate situation that required cool heads and patience to resolve.  But instead of seeing it this way he wanted someone to blame.  In doing so he poured fuel on the fire by claiming Brett was drunk and fining the club for a so called "boozy" season launch.  If he didn't have such a knee jerk reaction then it wouldn't have turned into such a media circus.  He could have easily calmed the situation down but chose not to.  Brett did nothing wrong. Gallop brought the game into disrepute.  Simple as that.

I just want to see somebody put one simple question to Gallop - What did Brett do to deserve a suspension?

MadMarcus link said:
I just want to see somebody put one simple question to Gallop - What did Brett do to deserve a suspension?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-suspends-manly-sea-eagles-star-brett-stewart/story-e6frexri-1111119098372

That article doesnt actually say that Stewart was drunk.

and yes i realise that was very much the inference

[quote author=Fonz link=topic=185541.msg299091#msg299091 date=1285732993]
Actually it's not fact. What would you have Gallop do? This case coincided with the release of a new advertising campaign which the NRL lost millions on due to the fact that it had to be scrapped.

I see your point, and he did the right thing by scrapping the ad immediately.  It was an unfortunate situation that required cool heads and patience to resolve.  But instead of seeing it this way he wanted someone to blame.  In doing so he poured fuel on the fire by claiming Brett was drunk and fining the club for a so called "boozy" season launch.  If he didn't have such a knee jerk reaction then it wouldn't have turned into such a media circus.  He could have easily calmed the situation down but chose not to.  Brett did nothing wrong. Gallop brought the game into disrepute.  Simple as that.
[/quote]
Mate no disrespect but i think it's fairly narrow minded and ignorant to claim Gallop is the reason for the "media circus" and what followed it. There are 1000 other factors. Fact!

Fonz link said:
Mate no disrespect but i think it's fairly narrow minded and ignorant to claim Gallop is the reason for the \"media circus\" and what followed it. There are 1000 other factors. Fact!

Sure, he wasn't the only reason and I didn't say he was.  Would you agree that he did not attempt to calm the situation down?  Do you think his actions made things better or worse?

Fonz link said:
If anything, the media are responsible for what Gallop did!

You can't be serious.  It's Gallop's own fault if he let the hysteria affect his judgment

They fueled each other.

Conspiracy theory coming on...NRL needed money to pay for a new add so chuck in a fine

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6