Will we get the spoon

• Thread starter Deleted member 24974
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parramatta is the spiritual home of the spoon. Apparently there is a push by some members of their dysfunctional board to rename them the Parramatta Spoons.
We may be last at the moment but I predict Arthur will be successful in his quest for the holy spoon.

Parramatta is the spiritual home of the spoon. Apparently there is a push by some members of their dysfunctional board to rename them the Parramatta Spoons.
We may be last at the moment but I predict Parramatta will once again be successful in their quest for the spoon.
I don't see it, they are 2 points ahead of us with a Bye to come. If we lose this weekend that will put them 4 points ahead of us with 9 rounds left. Because of our poor points differential we would need to win three games more than them and I am struggling to see us winning three games full stop.

What's starting to concern me is the fact that I don't think adding Myles, Lussick and Brown are going to be enough to lift us above mediocrity. I truly hope we cut some of the deadwood and buy at least one more quality forward and hopefully a not to expensive half in case DCE or whoever is at 5/8 gets injured.... please no Foran he's a unaffordable luxury !

What's starting to concern me is the fact that I don't think adding Myles, Lussick and Brown are going to be enough to lift us above mediocrity. I truly hope we cut some of the deadwood and buy at least one more quality forward and hopefully a not to expensive half in case DCE or whoever is at 5/8 gets injured.... please no Foran he's a unaffordable luxury !

I think a new game plan, and fresh ideas, on top of Gutherson / Buhrer coming back, and a team all pulling in the same direction (with Foran gone) as well as Brown, Lussick & Myles, along with the development of the Turbo brothers - we could be vastly different.

Add to that a brand new spark of attack (whether it be Lyon or someone else) at 5/8.

Heck, maybe Barrett plays Hodges off the bench - The Panthers carry a utility on the bench - it's only Tooves who would prefer Hasson getting the gig.

If DCE goes down with injury, maybe Riley Travers steps up into the fold - groom him for the FOLLOWING (2017) 5/8 position. Spend no additional money on a 5/8. Maybe attain / acquire another forward or two.

This year though, unfortunately we are destined for our 1st spoon in 68 years. I'd HATE to have my name associated with that team as a player (the poor guys - I do feel bad / sorry for them). Then again, maybe they just don't care, and it's all just "part of the job".

Agree

We simply cannot afford to keep Foran and hope to buld a competative team again.

Only the knights will save us from the spoon this year

Agree

We simply cannot afford to keep Foran and hope to buld a competative team again.

Only the knights will save us from the spoon this year

Hey, maybe our forwards are just doing their part for the environment? At ALL costs, keep the jersey completely clean (no dirt), less water & soap usage.

We are looking at this all wrong maybe ;)

Im becoming more convinced every game that they wont fix our issues. We have issues all over the park, If it wasn't for Snake and DCE pulling us out of the **** a few times it could easily be even worse. Our team has ZERO attention to detail, we don't do the little things well which we never have but a champion team that Des built covered it up well with slick backline plays and gritty defence.
As our stars get older and we lose players from the team that won the 2011 GF we are very quickly being shown up for our deficiencies. I think toovey could fix it but he seems reluctant to make any changes thinking we are still the same team from 2011. Surely he must start to see this!

10 matches to go, 7 games at Brookvale.
Brookvale games:

Sharks - W
Cowboys - W
Broncos - L
Rabbits - W
Eels - W
Roosters - L

Away matches:
Titans - W
Warriors - L
Raiders - W

Result: Maybe scrape into the eight through the back door. Out of the three losses, I'd say best chance for a win is the Warriors game.

Realistic:

Brookvale games:

Sharks - W
Cowboys - L
Broncos - L
Rabbits - L
Eels - W
Roosters - L

Away matches:
Titans - L
Warriors - L
Raiders - L

Spoon is a chance if the team doesn't improve, but I doubt the above will happen.

I say we run about 13th. I think the Knights are definitely worse than Manly, and the Tigers and Gold Coast we can catch as well, particularly if we beat the latter in two weeks.

NYEagle

Can we avoid the spoon?

Correction: Only 5 brookie games - Bonks is a Central Coast and Warriors in NZ!

I'll give you my positive take, and realistic takes - see above

Last edited:
I don't see it, they are 2 points ahead of us with a Bye to come. If we lose this weekend that will put them 4 points ahead of us with 9 rounds left. Because of our poor points differential we would need to win three games more than them and I am struggling to see us winning three games full stop.
You were saying the same sort of stuff when we only had 1 win on the board along with others so hopefully that accuracy continues

I think a new game plan, and fresh ideas, on top of Gutherson / Buhrer coming back, and a team all pulling in the same direction (with Foran gone) as well as Brown, Lussick & Myles, along with the development of the Turbo brothers - we could be vastly different.

Add to that a brand new spark of attack (whether it be Lyon or someone else) at 5/8.

Heck, maybe Barrett plays Hodges off the bench - The Panthers carry a utility on the bench - it's only Tooves who would prefer Hasson getting the gig.

If DCE goes down with injury, maybe Riley Travers steps up into the fold - groom him for the FOLLOWING (2017) 5/8 position. Spend no additional money on a 5/8. Maybe attain / acquire another forward or two.

This year though, unfortunately we are destined for our 1st spoon in 68 years. I'd HATE to have my name associated with that team as a player (the poor guys - I do feel bad / sorry for them). Then again, maybe they just don't care, and it's all just "part of the job".

Let alone the coach. Tooves doesn't deserve that to be added to his cv but sadly thats what people will remember.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8