Will we have to pay overs for players?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Will we have to pay overs to attract decent players?

• Yes, we are a rabble.

Votes: 32 66.7%
  • No, players want to play under Des.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No, we will just sign juniors from within and outside.

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Yes, we will sign washed up, broken has-beens

Votes: 9 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
So we are digging a massive hole and have zero cover at fullback, hooker, lock and in the coaches box.

A lot of players off contract end of year so we will need to fill spots but to get decent talent will we be forced to pay overs?

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
So we are digging a massive hole and have zero cover at fullback, hooker, lock and in the coaches box.

A lot of players off contract end of year so we will need to fill spots but to get decent talent will we be forced to pay overs?
The only people that pay overs are the mediocre negotiators

Rafferty

Mug punter
Depends, if we recruit poorly, then yes, otherwise depends on who we chase and I was about to add who handles the negotiation, but I just saw Bozos post come through and that’s what he said, agree.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sell them OUR Gods country Northern beaches life style
and our Legendary clubs proud winning history that is due for revival
PRICELESS !

Rafferty

Mug punter
Yes Sua would add some starch, might be a be short on leg speed and minutes due to him noticeably adding a few kilos, but you can accept that with his aggression and balance it out with another edge forward with some leg speed and or a good rotation.
A little of topic but Jai Arrow has been an awesome signing for the Bunnies, he has added to their side big time, I didn’t see his value at the Titans the way I currently do, maybe his just coming into his prime and the Bunnies are set to reap the rewards, don’t get me wrong he was a lot better than average player, maybe Bennet has been able to get more from him, he has that knack the old bugger, lets recruit him while where at it, bit of a package deal, might be the only way you could entice Sua to come over!

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Can someone please put up a list of exactly what Manly players get. I've heard a few numbers get tossed around, but would love to just add it up, 1-30.
This is exactly the thing, nobody knows exactly what a player is on.

We go off media reports which are often sensationalism.

We dont know about a players bonus structure, third party deals, long serving player allowances, marquee allowances etc etc etc

Its why I often find discussion about players wages a bit blergh

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Well can someone please spend 9.3 million starting from the top, down.
You can't, all that DCE is on for example, isn't the full contract paid...There are other factors where money comes from. No one knows only the club...Yes not even the great Slothfield, he just makes sh!t up.

D

Deleted member 26876

All depends on how the remainder of the season pans out

If we continue to fold. Yes
If we turn things around and show some fight and evolution. No, Des will be a lure.

Hopefully the latter because our recruitment this offseason, in my opinion, has the greatest potential I've seen. So much deadwood off contract, some in key positions that are our main weaknesses

Yes Sua would add some starch, might be a be short on leg speed and minutes due to him noticeably adding a few kilos, but you can accept that with his aggression and balance it out with another edge forward with some leg speed and or a good rotation.
A little of topic but Jai Arrow has been an awesome signing for the Bunnies, he has added to their side big time, I didn’t see his value at the Titans the way I currently do, maybe his just coming into his prime and the Bunnies are set to reap the rewards, don’t get me wrong he was a lot better than average player, maybe Bennet has been able to get more from him, he has that knack the old bugger, lets recruit him while where at it, bit of a package deal, might be the only way you could entice Sua to come over!
Jai arrow been one of the top 2nd rowers for awhile now... and he comes of the bench for them

susan

Bencher
All depends on how the remainder of the season pans out

If we continue to fold. Yes
If we turn things around and show some fight and evolution. No, Des will be a lure.

Hopefully the latter because our recruitment this offseason, in my opinion, has the greatest potential I've seen. So much deadwood off contract, some in key positions that are our main weaknesses
Ain’t as easy as that Harry. Look at Dogs. Other than Cotric they have missed nearly all targets offering huge overs. Burton a year away and he’s played a half dozen games in a great team. How does he go with average players around him.

No way is Des a lure after quite a few years of losing sides playing unattractive football. Throw in our disorganized front office reputation and it’s a tough sale.

The positive is the players may already be there if our junior reps are any indication. Needs a long term strategy with speed power and youth the priorities and a coach who buys in.

Fans will cop the transition. They won’t cop stalemate.

Last edited:
You pay overs when you are desperate for a quick fix ready made player to turn the tide around, this is fine if you have a young developing side lacking "fully blown" stars not on the highest pay packets yet----much harder to pay overs when many stars on huge salaries already exists within the club.

You want to pay overs to attract experienced talent to compliment an inexperienced lineup then their contract phases out as the youth becomes experienced and seeking higher salaries.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14
13 7 6 4 14