Writing on the wall for Toovey it seems

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It seems inevitable this is happening.

All I hope is Tooves is shown as much respect and dignity as is possible in this situation.

Of course it will hurt the bloke. That is very sad and not befitting a club legend. But from where I sit, change may not be a bad thing.....just handle it properly......for once!

If some of our precious players don't want to play for Tooves (as is rumoured) then what happens if they suddenly don't like Barrett?
We'll have to sack him and put the next person in that our precious boys might like.

Where does it end when the playing group start deciding who's coach?

This is the type of behaviour that parra do, not us. We don't have 3 or 4 coaches in 4 years. giving the players too much control means this is a scenario that could happen.

I was waiting for an inspired Barrett and Cleary win tonight.lol They can't even beat Parra FFS, yet we're happy to slot Tooves for him.
On the flip side of of the coin, The panthers are at this moment, in the 8. That is despite a similar injury toll to ours. I understand that injuries and disruptions have played a major roll in our season to date. In saying that, after 12 rounds, rooted bottom of the table is too much for me and i have finally swayed my opinion. I said when the rumours of Toovey's demise started that any coach of Manly has my support until they fail to make the 8. Well, any reasonable person can see that at our current trajectory with no changes, we will fail to make the 8. Possibly win our first spoon. So I am putting my faith in the club and more so Bob Fulton to do what's right and pick the best person for the job. In saying that, Toovey still has more credibility than Penn and Kelly and those two should hang there heads in shame as to how this all played out. The silver lining in all of this is that once Toovey vacates the coaching position, Penn and Kelly will no longer have anyone to hide behind. We will finally be able to form our opinion on whether they are the right men to lead the club. I feel we will soon discover beyond doubt they are not.

If the Raiders, Sharks, Knights or Tits win this weekend then tonight's loss will force Penrith out of the top 8. They are -10 on F/A.

We also lost to the Speels, unfortunately.

I'd be happier if the talk was about Cleary, a Manly junior, rather than Barrett but can't have everything I guess. But what does worry me, coaching aside, is that if the media speculation is to be believed then Manly seem intent on building up a power base in the club centred around DCE. He may be a great player but if the only way to get him to stay is to load the roster and staff with his 'friends' just to keep him happy.....that is a very dangerous game.

But I sadly have to agree, if Tooves is lucky enough to see out 2015 as Manly's coach....that's about the only luck he'll have. I can't see him as our coach next year. But I hope the club treats him with the respect he deserves.

Honestly the players can go get ****ed bickering like little bitches and now a Club Great is getting the arse, I am ****ing fuming. How can a coach get sacked for missing the finals once out of four years? What if we even makeiofdgvsikfdnvlnkfdslnvsfdljvkjsfvnjknfsdblnsndfbnjlsdflkbjsdfkv **** it
I said it once & I'll say it again.The show was run by Brett & his mates since 2012.

being a great player and a all time great of a club is a thing to be admired unfortunately it doesnt always transfer into being a good coach, plenty of other club legends have followed this path and failed, meninga, fittler to name a couple.
As much as everyone loves toovey replacing him is paramount to the rebuilding of this club and continued success. Whether barrett is the right person for the job only time will tell

Just one point. Tooves is a successful professional/chartered accountant who has been on the NRMA Board etc. He doesn't need some patronising job offer from a Board that shafts him, nor should he accept one! Irrespective of what happens to him, history will rate him as a a club giant compared to the pond scum that undermined him!

I love Tooves, Manly legend

However if there is continuing disharmony and the players arent buying into Tooves then there needs to be a change

I Feel his results have been good but its hard to say if he is a great coach or not as he inherited a champion team

I'm not at training, I'm not in and around the team so I'll trust people like Bozo to make the call

Whatever happens, Tooves is a club legend and needs to be treated as such

Now, onto Barrett, why the hate? Sure his not a Manly great but besides Cleary, who is a genuine Manly option?

Everyone in and around the game seems to rate him as an up and coming coach so I'll give him a go and judge him on results just like any others

Find it strange people reference playing careers when it comes to coaching.......cliffy as coach, c'mon

Last edited:
I love Tooves, Manly legend

However if there is continuing disharmony and the players arent buying into Tooves then there needs to be a change

I Feel his results have been good but its hard to say if he is s great coach or not as he inherited s champion team

I'm not at training, I'm not in and around the team so I'll trust people like Bozo to make the call

Whatever happens, Tooves is a club legend and needs to be treated ss such

Now, onto Barrett, why the hate? Sure his not a Manly great but besides Cleary, who is a genuine Manly option?

Everyone in and around the game seems to rate him as an up and coming coach so I'll give him a go and judge him on results just like any others

Find it strange people reference playing careers when it comes to coaching.......cliffy as coach, c'mon

Great post disco

Great post disco
What I don't get is that when Penrith we're rebuilding this included moving players on etc they still struggled under Ivan the great. Manly are now rebuilding that now seems obvious. Add to this the halves mess we are now in. I do not blame 2V here.
I do think it is fair to ask some questions of 2V especially some of the recruitment related to up front taking into consideration we have not had much money to spend. Other clubs have done a much better job it would seem in this area. 2V was also a large part of the success of the Dessie era.
If 2V goes it will be purely political and will stink of hypocrisy.

Being objective we have won only 7 out of our last 19 competitive games , ever since before we played at Kogarah on the Monday night game in July 2014, where prior to that game Whatmouth had leaked that he, Matai and Brett Stewart wanted out and Foran was mentioned later.

The team that was so together pretty much ended after that performance at Kogarah. Since then we have seen what has unfolded and maybe the club want to put a stop to it.

It is so bloody sad that ultimately it will be Toovey who loses out.

As a fan I can cop our team losing as long as there is effort, some of the performances have really tested us fans but its a part of being a fan to see your club struggle every now and then.
Mate agree with all of that. Bozo's been paid to rid the snipers within. It all started when a few of our senior players started the anarchy.

Maybe there will be some announcement after the Cowboys game. It will surely be a question and the elephant in the room.

I love Tooves and feel for him with the amount of backstabbing that seems to be going on in plain sight. I do wish he had a bit more backbone though. Too many times he's been sideswiped in the media by developments he knew nothing about. From the outset he should have stormed into Penn's office and told him it stops or he walks. This would have earned the respect of the players too, because what they see in the man they have to follow is powerlessness.
It's also happened to him enough that by the time he was asked about Barrett at the airport he needed to have a smarter answer than "we'll see" and "it's just rumours".
I've defended his coaching record of recent times constantly by referring to injuries. But what I'm not seeing is plans B, C, and D - strategies built around losses in certain positions and against specific opposition playing style. Nada.
And as for a team decimated by injuries keeping a fresh man on the bench til the last 10 minutes - well ya got me! Anyone?
Sadly Tooves has now become a bit of a laughing stock and this is a tragic situation for one of our all time greats. He needs to fall on his sword because there is no way back now.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8