Zac Lomax

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Who cares? We've never had so much depth for centres!

Let's sign a backup winger/fb if des isn't going to give the young fellas a go yet!
If I were Manly, I would leave the backline as is. There are no weaknesses worth investing money in. We've also got two elite halves...I'd be looking at David Klemmer as the only player to bring in from outside.

The biggest weakness we have is in the prop rotation. They are doing enough to keep up at the moment but in big games, I think we could get rolled. Aloiai obviously helps a little but if we could have Klemmer and Paseka start with Taupau and Aloiai off the bench, it looks better than bring Sipley, Keppie, De Luis and co into the game.

Sipley and Keppie are genuine bench players and nothing more at this stage IMO. Paseka and Taupau can have off nights where they go missing. Klemmer is always consistent and super competitive. We probably don't have the coin unless we move someone on so I doubt it'll happen but even if we have to lose Taupau, I think Klemmer is a yonger and more consistent prop anyway.

If I were Manly, I would leave the backline as is. There are no weaknesses worth investing money in. We've also got two elite halves...I'd be looking at David Klemmer as the only player to bring in from outside.

The biggest weakness we have is in the prop rotation. They are doing enough to keep up at the moment but in big games, I think we could get rolled. Aloiai obviously helps a little but if we could have Klemmer and Paseka start with Taupau and Aloiai off the bench, it looks better than bring Sipley, Keppie, De Luis and co into the game.

Sipley and Keppie are genuine bench players and nothing more at this stage IMO. Paseka and Taupau can have off nights where they go missing. Klemmer is always consistent and super competitive. We probably don't have the coin unless we move someone on so I doubt it'll happen but even if we have to lose Taupau, I think Klemmer is a yonger and more consistent prop anyway.
what do you think or have some idea on the club 's present thinking on Saddler ? Seems to have the potential to offer Klemmer type qualities . still unsigned and still quite raw of course but think that he has some real ability . Keppie has been a mixed bag this season but still pleased that he has signed on a longer term basis , really good on his day and maybe some better consistency not too far away .

Not sure why any disgruntled player is getting linked to Manly, have a super roster would prefer to keep together - the rebuilding phase has been done, bringing players in from poor outside cultures is a mistake
Agreed. We have plenty of young guns in the backs and forwards coming through.

Maybe one astute signing in the forwards if Gosie, and Siro are indeed on the way out. Our depth has saved us this year with all of our injuries, so we can’t forgo that next year.

Admittedly have still not yet re signed Walker but centre is probably the least of concerns as far as depth and ability goes at present . Harper has exceeded all expectations for me , think that there is not much between Parker and Suli but would put Dylan a bit behind these two . , Not to say however that he is still not capable of playing a worthwhile centre "s game if need be this season .

I'm surprised at the fervent support of our present centres. It's good to hear that you believe we have all the players we need to win a premiership. But in the fair dinkum stakes Zac Lomax is a potential SOO-class player and he would improve every team in the comp.
I've no idea what he is like off the field and I suspect very few on here do. But just going on his football ability I rate this guy as the best centre in the sport (discounting Turbo and Inglis who are fullbacks). He is also a gun goal-kicker; better than Sandwich.
I'd have him in a heartbeat, but as has been pointed out, Easts will probably get him and if so he'll cause us grief whenever we meet them.

Lomax is a very good, potentially great player but I think a top prop is a better investment for us at the moment

Lomax is a very good, potentially great player but I think a top prop is a better investment for us at the moment

I'm surprised at the fervent support of our present centres. It's good to hear that you believe we have all the players we need to win a premiership. But in the fair dinkum stakes Zac Lomax is a potential SOO-class player and he would improve every team in the comp.
I've no idea what he is like off the field and I suspect very few on here do. But just going on his football ability I rate this guy as the best centre in the sport (discounting Turbo and Inglis who are fullbacks). He is also a gun goal-kicker; better than Sandwich.
I'd have him in a heartbeat, but as has been pointed out, Easts will probably get him and if so he'll cause us grief whenever we meet them.
It's not as cut and dry as will he improve the team...you've got to factor coin into it as well.

Buying To'o would improve our wings, buying Brandon Smith would improve our 9...but you gotta pay for em and fit em into the cap.

Would spending 600k+ on Zac Lomax at the expense of two centres that earn that combined and risk losing other talent in the squad to accomodate, be smart business? No.
Our two current centres are not going to be the difference between winning a premiership or not. They are doing a job and money can be better spent elsewhere, not wasting it on some BBQ eating moron from St Merge.

As for the Roosters, they are busy trying to sure up Joey Manu who is a better player than Lomax every day of the week. Worrying about Lomax playing for the Chooks because he might cause us grief is not logical. We've got 30 spots in our squad and there are more than 30 players in the NRL that will 'cause us grief' on any given day...they've gotta go somewhere.

Last edited:
what do you think or have some idea on the club 's present thinking on Saddler ? Seems to have the potential to offer Klemmer type qualities . still unsigned and still quite raw of course but think that he has some real ability . Keppie has been a mixed bag this season but still pleased that he has signed on a longer term basis , really good on his day and maybe some better consistency not too far away .
Career reserve grader/fringe footballer.

For next season i'd consider it, but would refuse to get in a bidding war or would offer a suli swap. We probably still lack a strike weapon on Parker and Garrick's edge. Even though I love Parker he'd still get plenty of game time as the first depth option if this were to play out.

However, unless winning a premiership is his biggest lure I can't see him turning down big money offers (and there'll be a few). Overall, im content with our backs as they are. So long as we can sign winger depth and importantly, good fullback depth, they're good enough. With trbo we have enough backline strike, without him we generally don't. If we can buy a good backup fullback with speed then that may just be a more sensible solution.

He is one player I'd love to have at Manly.
He is my 'ideal' centre, plus he is a gun goal kicker.
I like Parker but on sheer talent Loxax has the redhead covered.
Lomax is the complete centre , He can kick goals and can kick arse .
Good defensively and line breaking ability and is no liability with speed in open play

As soon as you start to upgrade
The only way is up up and away like a flying Sea eagle

Manly backs were meant to fly !

Not sure why any disgruntled player is getting linked to Manly, have a super roster would prefer to keep together - the rebuilding phase has been done, bringing players in from poor outside cultures is a mistake
We have a super roster perspective time

Good enough is only good enough for the complacent ones
Striving for excellence is on going and it never reaches a dead end of good enough
As soon as you stop evolving and striving for excellence you become a dead duck

Remember the Good old Days when our Godfather (If you cant beat them buy them ) had 3 international hookers in his squad . Brown , Grey and Max ?
Every good player available on the market the Godfather would always keep upgrading .

Times have changed but shrewd buying from shrewd people like Scott Fulton . You can still get great value players in your squad like Morgan Harper and the higher quality players in your squad the more competitive you become

All players from different cultures is no problem when you have a Good coach that instills camaraderie in the squad .

Last edited:
It's not as cut and dry as will he improve the team...you've got to factor coin into it as well.

Buying To'o would improve our wings, buying Brandon Smith would improve our 9...but you gotta pay for em and fit em into the cap.

Would spending 600k+ on Zac Lomax at the expense of two centres that earn that combined and risk losing other talent in the squad to accomodate, be smart business? No.
Our two current centres are not going to be the difference between winning a premiership or not. They are doing a job and money can be better spent elsewhere, not wasting it on some BBQ eating moron from St Merge.

As for the Roosters, they are busy trying to sure up Joey Manu who is a better player than Lomax every day of the week. Worrying about Lomax playing for the Chooks because he might cause us grief is not logical. We've got 30 spots in our squad and there are more than 30 players in the NRL that will 'cause us grief' on any given day...they've gotta go somewhere.
I do also like your thoughts re klemmer... I do also get nervous however should we get a long term injury to Tommy or to a lesser degree Saab or Garrick.... don't like the idea of suli or tafua or even funa as current long term replacements

Reminder that the Storm won the premiership with Brenko Lee at centre
Brenko Lee was a passenger in a Farrari at the time
The next year he was upgraded as the team needed to keep evolving and improving
Because as I said striving for excellence is on going

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10